Clear All

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
    Pure tackler=ZT
    Coverage=BU
    Intangibles=BU
    Playmaker=BU
    Heart=ZT
    Leader=ZT
    How can you qualify heart? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. People like Zach Thomas for the same reason they like Doug Flutie. He's a stumpy guy that runs around so they think "oh what great heart he has". But in that's basically useless unless you are simply comparing all midget players in the NFL. It's like saying Garrett Wolfe has more heart than Adrian Peterson because he's smaller.

As for leadership, how many playoff games has Zach Thomas won? I'll save you the time. It's zero. How does that make him a great leader exactly?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Okay, looks like things are under control here, I'm out...I'll check back on this Monday and see how things ended up.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        How can you qualify heart? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

As for leadership, how many playoff games has Zach Thomas won? I'll save you the time. It's zero. How does that make him a great leader exactly?
        Heart=IMHO, striving to be better than those have expected. Such as his size. He plays much bigger than his size.

Its a team sport a LB won't take the team to the playoffs, LMFAO

Comment

BTW, I am not stating that ZT is a better player than Urlacher, just stating the facts.

Comment

Becuase he is. Because he can do so much more than Thomas does. He's move versitile, he has better ball skills, he's quicker, he hits harder (though Thomas is a hard hitter too), he has better intangibles and size, he's won more, umm....really basically any criteria you can think of for judging a linebacker except for maybe pure tackling ability. Your argument for tackles is laughably stupid quite frankly. It's like saying Jon Kitna is a better quarterback than Tom Brady because he threw for more yards. Ten year olds make arguments based purely on statistics. Anyone that actually watches games and understands football knows that Urlacher is much better than Thomas. And that's not a knock on Thomas, it's just true.
            good lord..please read other post b4 u write to me....its not at all like kitna passing for more yards then brady becuz as ive already said 2 times and this will be the 3rd...1 years worth of stats is not what im talkin about...how many times has kitna done that? 1? ZT has more tkls then BU every single year...of course u think my argument is stupid becuz its not in ur favor...ask random ppl anyone at all what the 1st thing they look for is at ANY position and its production...other stuff matters and i kno that...but at the end of they day production counts the most when u talk about individual players...for some one to say that tkls doesnt matter in a discussion about linebackers is beyond ignorant...but bears fans are so taken away by their own team that they cant see things like that. also ur statement about anyone whos knos and watches football will say urlacher is better i completely disagree with...watch thomas play and theres no way u say urlacher is better.. but like i said u bears fans are not able to do things like that...and the fact that u threw size in there is the single most ignorant thing that has been said by anyone in this argument...i guess barry sanders isnt the best cuz he was too small...i guess keyshawn in better then steve smith becuz 1 is 6'4 and one is 5'9..i could go on and on about the size thing but i kno u kno better then that...u just got carried away

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
              Heart=IMHO, striving to be better than those have expected. Such as his size. He plays much bigger than his size.
              Who cares? Does that mean Marques Colsten has more heart than Marvin Harrison because he's done more than people expected him to.

It's a baseless comparison, it has no worth when comparing two players.

By the way I was wrong, the Dolphins have actually won two wild-card games but got smoked both times in the divisional round. And if you aren't judging leadership by playoff wins how are you judging it? Do you hang out in the lockeroom?

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
                good lord..please read other post b4 u write to me....its not at all like kitna passing for more yards then brady becuz as ive already said 2 times and this will be the 3rd...1 years worth of stats is not what im talkin about...how many times has kitna done that? 1? ZT has more tkls then BU every single year...of course u think my argument is stupid becuz its not in ur favor...ask random ppl anyone at all what the 1st thing they look for is at ANY position and its production...other stuff matters and i kno that...but at the end of they day production counts the most when u talk about individual players...for some one to say that tkls doesnt matter in a discussion about linebackers is beyond ignorant...but bears fans are so taken away by their own team that they cant see things like that. also ur statement about anyone whos knos and watches football will say urlacher is better i completely disagree with...watch thomas play and theres no way u say urlacher is better.. but like i said u bears fans are not able to do things like that...and the fact that u threw size in there is the single most ignorant thing that has been said by anyone in this argument...i guess barry sanders isnt the best cuz he was too small...i guess keyshawn in better then steve smith becuz 1 is 6'4 and one is 5'9..i could go on and on about the size thing but i kno u kno better then that...u just got carried away
                This isn't a Bears fan thing. This is a common sense thing. I could start a thread with a poll (and actually have done so) and Urlacher will get about 90-95% of the vote. But I'm sure that's just people buying into the media and blah blah blah....

Again, I've already stated this argument isn't worth my time or anyone elses. You're wrong. Whether you continue to believe otherwise is of no concern to me.

Comment

Who cares? Does that mean Marques Colsten has more heart than Marvin Harrison because he's done more than people expected him to.

It's a baseless comparison, it has no worth when comparing two players.

By the way I was wrong, the Dolphins have actually won two wild-card games but got smoked both times in the divisional round. And if you aren't judging leadership by playoff wins how are you judging it? Do you hang out in the lockeroom?
                  So Manning decided not to be a leader until last year? Thats basically what you are saying

If you don't understand what "heart" has to do with sports then you should watch some more.

Comment

This isn't a Bears fan thing. This is a common sense thing. I could start a thread with a poll (and actually have done so) and Urlacher will get about 90-95% of the vote. But I'm sure that's just people buying into the media and blah blah blah....

Again, I've already stated this argument isn't worth my time or anyone elses. You're wrong. Whether you continue to believe otherwise is of no concern to me.

lol of course u cant respond

Comment

• Originally posted by Phrost View Post

Its a team sport a LB won't take the team to the playoffs, LMFAO
                      You can't measure heart, that's just ridiculous. Ok then, Urlacher wins in determination and intensity. I don't know why he does, but he does.

Mobility/Pursuit - Urlacher
                      Speed - Urlacher
                      Coverage - Urlacher
                      Blitzing - Urlacher
                      Hitting - Same
                      Tackling - Thomas
                      Playmaking - Urlacher

Those are things you can measure and point out. Thomas is a very good player, but he's not as good as Urlacher. And that's a fact.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by reese View Post
                        lol of course u cant respond
                        As usual, the more you post on here the more you realize these things.

Comment

• I'm going with Thomas because he's a TTU alum... and it gets under bf's skin even though I know that #54 is the superior player.
                          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                            So Manning decided not to be a leader until last year? Thats basically what you are saying

If you don't understand what "heart" has to do with sports then you should watch some more.
                            So what has Zach Thomas' "heart" gotten him to make him a better player than Urlacher? It's just a nice thing people say to tell a good story.

Rudy had a lot of heart. That didn't make him a good player. Again, this is the Doug Flutie factor, and it really has no basis in player comparisons. There's no way to judge that he has more heart than Urlacher simply because he's shorter. None.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              You can't measure heart, that's just ridiculous. Ok then, Urlacher wins in determination and intensity. I don't know why he does, but he does.

Mobility/Pursuit - Urlacher
                              Speed - Urlacher
                              Coverage - Urlacher
                              Blitzing - Urlacher
                              Hitting - Same
                              Tackling - Thomas
                              Playmaking - Urlacher

Those are things you can measure and point out. Thomas is a very good player, but he's not as good as Urlacher. And that's a fact.
                              As I stated earlier, I don't think Thomas is the better player, but give credit where credit is due.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                So what has Zach Thomas' "heart" gotten him to make him a better player than Urlacher? It's just a nice thing people say to tell a good story.

Rudy had a lot of heart. That didn't make him a good player. Again, this is the Doug Flutie factor, and it really has no basis in player comparisons. There's no way to judge that he has more heart than Urlacher simply because he's shorter. None.
                                For the third time I never said Thomas was a better player.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information