No announcement yet.

Your Breakout 07 Rookies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This years Marques Colston is Justin Medlock!
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Alan Branch
      P Willie
      Robert Meacham

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
        So you wouldn't call the likes of Vince Young, Demeco Ryans, and Maurice Jones-Drew breakout players last season??

Whether or not they're supposed to contribute right away is irrelevant. Every year, there is a small group of rookies who stand head and shoulders above the rest. This is what this thread is all about. Expecting people to try and name the next Colston is a bit unrealistic, if that's what you meant. In any case, I'm sorry that you felt the need to throw in your pompously uncalled-for two cents.
        They were all breakout players. The point that I was making is that anyone can say that a top 45 pick will be a breakout player. In most cases, these top picks are expected to be starting by their second year in the worst case. It takes real balls and foresight to talk about later picks as breakout guys. That was my point. The real point I made was commending Bored of Education for trying to talk about later draft picks who have a chance to make an impact.

I'm not asking people to pick the next Colston. I would expect a little more creativity than thinking that Calvin Johnson will break out this season.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
          They were all breakout players. The point that I was making is that anyone can say that a top 45 pick will be a breakout player. In most cases, these top picks are expected to be starting by their second year. It takes real balls and foresight to talk about later picks as breakout guys That is the point.

I'm not asking people to pick the next Colston. I would expect a little more creativity than thinking that Calvin Johnson will break out this season.
          I see your point, but the way you came off sounded as if a first or second round pick cannot be considered a breakout rookie because he's simply performing up to expectations. If every first or second round rookie performed up to their team's expectations, we would have Pro Bowl and All-Pro teams littered with rooks.

I'd like to think I went out on somewhat of a limb with Brandon Jackson and Chris Henry... CJ may be the all-too-obvious choice, but you're probably going to hear it a lot in this thread, so just try to grin and bear it.
          The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Brandon Jackson
            Isaiah Stanback
            Joe Newton (could actually take over starting spot as UDFA rookie)
            Dwayne Jarrett
            Yamon Figurs

Sig by rainbeaukid2
            Originally posted by yodachu
            Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Tubby, do you like Isaiah StanbacK?
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                Brandon Jackson
                Isaiah Stanback
                Joe Newton (could actually take over starting spot as UDFA rookie)
                Dwayne Jarrett
                Yamon Figurs
                COPYCAT!!!!

Comment

Leon Hall
                  Kenny Irons
                  Marvin White

Originally posted by mythbusta
                  i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                  who dey?

Comment

I love Marvin White. dude is beastly!!!!!!!! one of the steals of the draft

Comment

I see your point, but the way you came off sounded as if a first or second round pick cannot be considered a breakout rookie because he's simply performing up to expectations. If every first or second round rookie performed up to their team's expectations, we would have Pro Bowl and All-Pro teams littered with rooks.

I'd like to think I went out on somewhat of a limb with Brandon Jackson and Chris Henry... CJ may be the all-too-obvious choice, but you're probably going to hear it a lot in this thread, so just try to grin and bear it.
                      I apologize for my tone. I also started writing my comment before I saw your post. You went out on a limb as well, so I'm sorry.

My initial post was a little much, and I didn't mean anything by it. Those who know me know that I hold everyone on the board to a high standard and to discuss football beyond what you can read on any other website. I am all for first round hype, but it's the middle and late round success stories that really set teams apart.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

The best statistical WR, imo, will be Meachem. Last year Brees was outstanding, and I don't think he will be worse this year. He made Colston, Henderson, Horn, even Cooper produce well on the field. Meachem has great potential, Brees will use it properly for sure. I expect 900 yards out of him.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Adrian Peterson
                          Ted Ginn
                          Reggie Nelson
                          Chris Houston
                          Lawrence Timmons

Comment

I'll go ahead and throw out a couple of mid to late round guys who I think could do pretty well:

Daymeion Hughes (Colts) - Too much stock was put into his 40 time; he was simply one of the best in the nation and looks to be a perfect fit for their Cover 2.

Manuel Ramirez (Lions) - Lions O-Line was mediocre, so he has a decent chance to start; I thought of him as underrated and a Day One pick.

Fred Bennett (Texans) - Very good chance of seeing action as a nickel back or possibly even a starter; Houston doesn't have too much at corner besides Dunta Robinson.

Le'Ron McClain (Ravens) - Won't get much acclaim, but he'll be a good blocker and receiving option out of the backfield.

Brandon Harrison (Texans) - Texans have worst starting safety duo in the league, if he impresses during camp he could wind up starting.

Dante Rosario (Panthers) - I like him as an H-back in the Chris Cooley mold; it all depends on how Carolina uses him but I thought he was more than a fifth round pick.

Mason Crosby (Packers) - Best kicker in the draft; I thought he could have gone as high as the late second round.
                            The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

For some odd reason I think Michael Bush will do very well this year in Oakland.

I was high on Dallas Baker before the draft so I think he'll do well too in Pittsburgh.

Mason Crosby (Packers) - Best kicker in the draft; I thought he could have gone as high as the late second round.
                              Very overrated. Medlock was the best kicker IMO.

Comment

Tank Tyler will dominate everyone in his path

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information