No announcement yet.

2nd Best NFL RB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea it was one good year in which noone was ready for him. and he runs in the NFC west. with all those good defenses, it will be hard to repeat that performance. (sarcasm) :)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Not a huge supporter of Larry Johnson and Gore still has plenty to prove, so I'll go with Steven Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
        behind all of those guys. so hold let me scroll and count.......9
        hahahaha thanks for the laugh

Gore ran 1695 @ 5.4 per carry (best in top 20) on a side that had no WR's or legit passing game. He faced defenses stacked against the run but he still got it done.

BTW the 9th best RB last yr ran for 500 yards less @ 4.0 per carry !! This is not a homer call but I think Gore is a little better than 9th

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
          hahahaha thanks for the laugh

Gore ran 1695 @ 5.4 per carry (best in top 20) on a side that had no WR's or legit passing game. He faced defenses stacked against the run but he still got it done.

BTW the 9th best RB last yr ran for 500 yards less @ 4.0 per carry !! This is not a homer call but I think Gore is a little better than 9th
          As he terrible said, against the NFC West. No one was ready and most of those run defenses are jokes...actually all of them are.

Comment

well i obviously have some reason for what i am saying because other ppl have agreed with me and to just throw this out there, this thread is completely opinionated. so i gave mine.

Comment

I'm not saying Gore is no.1 but he is in the 2-5 range with others on their day

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

and i respect your opinion, i just don't agree with it.

Comment

I don't really see how you could say that Gore isn't a top 5 back after watching what he did last year. By the same token, if you're knocking him because of his division, what is Steven Jackson doing so high?

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    I don't really see how you could say that Gore isn't a top 5 back after watching what he did last year. By the same token, if you're knocking him because of his division, what is Steven Jackson doing so high?
                    my top 5:

1. LT
                    2. Steve Jackson
                    3. Frank Gore
                    4. LArry Johnson
                    5. Brian Westbrook.

i

Originally posted by mythbusta
                    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                    who dey?

Comment

because Jackson is more of a complete back than Gore and Gore was a suprise like i said. Gore only has done something one year so he has a lot to prove to me, especially with the injuries of past, just to see if he can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                        because Jackson is more of a complete back than Gore and Gore was a suprise like i said. Gore only has done something one year so he has a lot to prove to me, especially with the injuries of past, just to see if he can make it.
                        Gore had 608 yards as a rookie and a 4.8 ypc avg..i wouldnt callhim a 1 year hit. He was 1 of the best backs for Miami before injuries..he was so talented..fast..quick. Hes not as fast as he used to be or as quick but hes still very quick for a powerful guy

compare

Jackson: 3247 yards, 4.4 ypc 25 TDs (3 seasons) 2 seasons as starter
                        Gore: 2303 yards 5.2 ypc 14 TDs (2 seasons) 1-1.5 years starting

both are very good backs..i like Jackson better for the #2 spot but just saying..Gore is very good himself
                        Last edited by remix 6; 05-18-2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                          Gore had 608 yards as a rookie and a 4.8 ypc avg..i wouldnt callhim a 1 year hit. He was 1 of the best backs for Miami before injuries..he was so talented..fast..quick. Hes not as fast as he used to be or as quick but hes still very quick for a powerful guy
                          Did he lose as much speed as this guy?
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=A9-KkUH8yt8

Comment

next time i see i will give him a high five and cookie.

it's just my opinion. yall aren't going to waiver me to all of sudden pick him over those guys.

Comment

LJ by far he has better spped then I think most give him credit for so the combo of power and spped is what seperates him from Jackson, Westbrook and Gore

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                                Did he lose as much speed as this guy?
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=A9-KkUH8yt8
                                not at all. McGahee was a 4.2-4.3 guy..hes slowly working toward becoming more explosive but he hasnt been the McGahee he flashed at Miami.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information