Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Jackson...

Comment

I wouldn't put LDT far ahead of the other RBs. Except for last year, he's never been the clear #1 best RB of the league.

'06 - LDT was clearly the best RB.
      '05 - Alexander, Tiki, and LJ all arguably had better seasons
      '04 - Several RBs outplayed LDT
      '03 - Jamal Lewis, LDT was 2 or 3
      '02 - Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes

I can't think of any RBs that will outplay LDT next season, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't have the rushing title.

Comment

Steven Jackson > Julius Jones + Marcus Spears.

Oops.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Priest Holmes!!!!!
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dhoe20 View Post
            I wouldn't put LDT far ahead of the other RBs. Except for last year, he's never been the clear #1 best RB of the league.

'06 - LDT was clearly the best RB.
            '05 - Alexander, Tiki, and LJ all arguably had better seasons
            '04 - Several RBs outplayed LDT
            '03 - Jamal Lewis, LDT was 2 or 3
            '02 - Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes

I can't think of any RBs that will outplay LDT next season, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't have the rushing title.
            Statistically he hasn't always been the best, but many have considered him the best runner in the league for at least 3 years now, if not longer.

Comment

So is Frank Gore this year's Larry Johnson?

Comment

Larry Johnson #2 easily.

Comment

Like to see Gore get some love.

But I say LT, SJax, then Gore (look at ninerfan's reasons).

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

LJ easily

Steven Jackson is overrated... He pads his stats against bad teams and struggles against the better ones... In 10 out of his 16 games, he rushed for under 100 yards.

I like Frank Gore, but he only play at this level for about 2 or 3 more years because of his injuries.

Portis is also overrated... He became famous by playing in Denver's ZBS, which anyone can do well in. Plus only 1 game over 100 yards last season in his 8 games. He's a good back, just not top 5.

Not a big fan of Willis either

I do like Joseph Addai, Maurice Jones-Drew, and Laurence Maroney as future studs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

In the games Steven Jackson didn't reach 100 yards he averaged 6.7 catches and 56.9 yards. Pretty good!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Also look at the division Frank Gore and Steven Jackson are in. The NFC West isn't exactly a group of powerhouses on defense. Ladainian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson had go go up against some very solid defenses in the AFC West.

Comment

Number 2 RB in the NFL right now is Stephen Jackson, he's just a good of a ball runner as LJ and Gore and he's got better hands than them both.

Hell if I was picking second in my fantasy draft coming up he'd be my pick. The kid is a stud/

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                            Number 2 RB in the NFL right now is Stephen Jackson, he's just a good of a ball runner as LJ and Gore and he's got better hands than them both.

Hell if I was picking second in my fantasy draft coming up he'd be my pick. The kid is a stud/
                            If he was as good of a ball runner as LJ and Gore, why does he consisently under produce in a weaker division than LJ's division. Also, LJ is a very underrated pass catcher.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                            Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

My top 10 looks something like this:

1. LT
                              2. S. Jackson
                              3. C. Portis
                              4. B. Westbrook
                              5. W. Parker (some respect for a steeler)
                              6. F. Gore
                              7. S. Alexander
                              8. W. McGahee
                              9. L. Johnson
                              10. R. Johnson

And yes I would take all 8 of those guys over LJ.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

Larry Johnson- 1,789 yards, 4.3 average
                                Steven Jackson- 1,528 yards, 4.4 average

Stats don't show Jackson is better. Larry Johnson has two straight seasons of 1,750+ yards. Nobody fears Jackson the way they fear Larry Johnson.

Not to mention, Jackson had the benfit for most of the year of a better offensive line, better quarterback, and better offensive weapons to draw the pressure off of him. Teams couldn't stack the box against the Rams or they would get burnt by Holt and Bruce. Teams were free to stack the box against the Chiefs and the only weapon they had to worry about was Tony Gonzalez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information