No announcement yet.

FanNation ranks the 32 starting QB's

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    i strongly disagree that "HE SUCKS!!!!!!omg11111oneone" is really more intelligent than any more than about 1% of what's said on sportscenter.
    Not Sportscenter, I'm talking about NFL Live and NFL Countdown or whatever they are calling it. Mike Ditka, Michael Irvin, Merril Hoge, and Steven Young have not said one intelligent thing the past few years on those shows. Berman is nothing more than a catchphrase spewing jackass and Jackson says something smart once in a blue moon. GRF, Achilles/TNewFan, High Roller, and EA, as stupid as they are, would be an upgrade over the usual gang of idiots.

• Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
      Bens first season his outstanding supporting cast was : Duce Staley, Oliver Ross, Jerame Tuman, Keydrick Vincent. Why isn't it fair to say that Rivers rode LT and Gates? Thats what everyone's makign it out to be.
      You left off Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle El, Plaxico Burress, and Jerome Bettis from Ben's 2004 roster...unless we're talking about something else here?

It's not fair to say Rivers rode LT and Gates because those were his best receivers. Do you fault Peyton Manning for throwing to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne?

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
      As for Rivers had 1 Crack at it and he had "Flying Colors" On a Career year for LT. 1 Season, he still lost his first game in the playoffs and couldn't lead his team further. Now, How is it that Phillip has the best TE and RB in the game and is a top 10 QB because of 1 "Good/Solid" Season, Ben has 2 and a Near death experience, Emergency appendectomy, Concussion and what not, and Ben fans should be greatful you have him in the top 15. Ben took a serious fall(Though the whole team did I mean hell, Hines Ward adn Ced Wilson, our only 2 Vets at WR spent IR Time.. so did Porter, Ben, Clark, Polamalu)
      Rivers had a great, pro bowl, first season as a starter, and yes he did play well also in LT's Career year, those two are a product of each other, not one the result of the other. Ben had great teams too, so its not like Rivers was the only one, and Ben lost his first playoff game too, if I rememeber correctly. Good/Solid is an understatement. It wasn't spectacular, but it was a Pro-Bowl year in a tough AFC....that's not just solid. As far as the injuries those are irrelevant excsuses. Near-death, yes. But he didn't die, and he injured his jaw. It healed. Just like he healed from his appendectomy, he was cleared to play, there are no excuses.

Ben had 2 games this season where his 4 WR's were, Nate Washington, Santonio Holmes, Sean Morey and Walter Young. I just see that Rivers had 1 good season.
      Two games? wow, talk about rough luck. Rivers had plenty of games where his best WR was Malcom Floyd, aside from LT and Gates yes, but its not like he's swimming in receiving talent.

Can I ask anyone a question and get an unbiased answer?
      I'm giving you an unbiased answer. You don't think your being biased yourself?

If Ben was such a "Game Manager" and Rode His skilled team/Defense to the superbowl, Wouldn't Rivers be in the same boat? I mean, he has the best 3-4 DL in the game, The best Passrusher in the league, 2 solid MLB's, Shaun Phillips isn't anything to sneeze at either. Add that to the best TE and RB in the league. How did Rivers honestly accomplish anything more than Ben has... In his first two seasons. Ben was sacked 46 times, Phillip 27. Obviously Phillips OL was better.
      No doubt Rivers had great talent around him. He's a part of that though. Watch the Cincinnati game, he's the reason for that comeback. Same with the end of the Seattle game, the @ Denver game, etc....Those are, for the most part, all him, not LT or Gates, or the defense.

I could throw this out. He does have a better winning % when throwing over 30 Passes. But he hasn't done it a lot. 9/16 games last season Rivers had thrown under 30 times, Thats always a negative under Ben, Rivers, in that situation is just a glorified game manager who is just lucky enough to have the best RB/TE and Defense in the NFL.
      I wasn't really sure what this was referring too? So I'll just concede it I guess, if its something I'm supposed to concede. I don't know when SD aquired the best defense in the NFL though...

Edit: Think I just got it after reading it again, Rivers is not just a game manager. Game managers have no real effect on how the game turns out. Rivers led some of the biggest comebacks in the NFL this year as a QB, that being a game-changer. The amount of times he throws really has no bearing on what he did when he threw it.

If you go by QB Rating.. Ben's first two seasons were both "Better" than Rivers Single season. Rivers had a 92.1%, Ben had a 98.1 and a 98.6% his first two seasons respectively.
      Which is why you dont go by QB rating, it proves nothing.

True, But none of them have had continuity. It's a "What have you done for me lately" type ranking. Ben had 2 great seasons, Phillip/Losman each had 1, there's no way that it's fair to judge it. Ben's Rookie and Sophmore season he outplayed both Rivers and Losmans "1 good season". I think Ben will prove to people he's better than they act, but frankly, I don't think he'll get the credit he'll deserve then either. If Ben throws 3800 yards, 30 passign attempts a game, with a QB rating of over 100, and a Completion % over 70, People will say it's because his supporting cast. He's just not going to get a fair shake in these rankings, and that bugs the hell out of me.

He's getting a fair shake, and I don't think you can say his two good seasons outplayed their seasons. It's supposed to be a what have you done lately thing, its a what have you done lately league.
      Last edited by JK17; 06-01-2007, 10:40 AM.

• Honest, I think Phillip Rivers is the face of the Chargers AND the NFL in 5 years.

I think the guys going to be an amazing QB. Loved him at NC State.

Debug Information