FanNation ranks the 32 starting QB's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
    LOL @ homerism. At this point, Eli is better than VY.
    He could be better than Vince if Coughlin wasn't his head coach. Just go watch what happened when the Titans played the Giants. Then come back and tell me who the better quarterback is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
      LOL @ Eli ahead of Vince and McNair
      51% completion %, 12 TDs to 13 INTs, and a whopping 66 QB rating. Oh yeah Vince is a god.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        51% completion %, 12 TDs to 13 INTs, and a whopping 66 QB rating. Oh yeah Vince is a god.
        Ooh. But he's a winner.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

as much as i hate eli vince isnt better than eli right now, but will be.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            Yeah because stats mean everything and if we are doing stats you are leaving out his rushing stats. 552 yards and 7 TDs. Both of which are rookie records for a quarterback. You think quarterback play is all about how good your QB rating is? There's a lot more factored into it.

Remind me again. Who won rookie of the year?

Comment

He could be better than Vince if Coughlin wasn't his head coach. Just go watch what happened when the Titans played the Giants. Then come back and tell me who the better quarterback is.
              Eli has his ups and downs. His game against the Saints last season was one of the worst I've ever seen a QB play. He single handedly made our D look dominant. AT THIS POINT, he's still a better QB than Vince Young.

Edit - Just checked up on Eli's game against the Saints, and DAMN. Take away the early long TD pass to Burress when Fred Thomas got burnt (shocker, I know), and he was 8 for 24 (33%) for 19 yards and an INT.
              Last edited by TPFKA#1SaintsFan; 05-18-2007, 09:50 PM.
              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

As of right now, I think Eli's better, and he would definitely be without Coughlin. I hate Coughlin so much, I could write an essay, but I'll spare you. Anyway, VY had an excellent rookie year, no doubt(which is why he won ROY) but his passing was inconsistent and I think teams will find a better way to slow down his runs(they have a year of him on tape) and if they can contain his legs, he'll need to prove he can pass better. Can he do it? I think so. He had some very good games throwing the ball this past season, he just needs to get a bit more consistent. With his legs, he won't need to throw like Peyton to be a great QB, but he will definitely need to throw better than he did. As for Eli, he is also very inconsistent. But his inconsistency is better than Vince's inconsistency, at this point. It's close, and I think unless Eli really comes around, and Coughlin gets axed, I fully expect VY to pass him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Yeah because stats mean everything and if we are doing stats you are leaving out his rushing stats. 552 yards and 7 TDs. Both of which are rookie records for a quarterback. You think quarterback play is all about how good your QB rating is? There's a lot more factored into it.

You're honestly going to revert to his "ROY" when talking about how good he is? Vince Young is so overrated at this point it's not even funny. The only reason he won rookie of the year was because he was a "winner", and he was an exciting player. QB rating doesn't mean anything, huh? That could be a valid arguement if it was around 70 or 80. But a 66 QB rating and he wins the rookie of the year. That's ridiculous.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Who got to the SuperBowl?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I'll try...

GREAT

1. Peyton Manning
                      2. Tom Brady
                      3. Carson Palmer
                      4. Drew Brees
                      5. Donovan McNabb

GOOD

6. Marc Bulger
                      7. Philip Rivers
                      8. Ben Roethlesberger
                      9. Matt Hasselbeck
                      10. Chad Pennington

AVERAGE

11. Jay Cutler
                      12. Tony Romo
                      13. Steve McNair
                      14. Vince Young
                      15. Matt Leinart
                      16. Trent Green
                      17. Eli Manning
                      18. Jeff Garcia
                      19. Brett Favre
                      20. Mike Vick
                      21. Byron Leftwich

POOR (or just too unexperienced)

22. Alex Smith
                      23. Jake Delhomme
                      24. J.P. Losman
                      25. Damon Huard
                      26. Rex Grossman

BAD (should be a backup QB)

27. Josh McCown
                      28. Jason Campbell
                      29. John Kitna
                      30. Matt Schaub
                      31. Tavaris Jackson
                      32. Charlie Frye

so what do you guys think? it's not perfect....but I think it's pretty decent.

Comment

To call J.P. Losman poor just means that you didn't see him play last year.

He progressed VERY nicely, and did so without jack at WR after Lee Evans.
                        The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Other than Losman(and I don't agree with Smith being under "poor", but agree with his placement, more or less, just wrong heading), it's not that bad of a list. Obviously any list is gonna have flaws, since nobody here can watch many games of all 32 QBs.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                            To call J.P. Losman poor just means that you didn't see him play last year.

He progressed VERY nicely, and did so without jack at WR after Lee Evans.
                            If you hadn't noticed, I included (or just too inexperienced) after POOR for that VERY reason. I can't justify putting him above the people ahead of him, because he's too young. The only exceptions were the big 3 drafted the same year: Vince, Leinart, and Cutler.

...well, and Romo, too, I suppose. But he, unlike JP, has the benefit of playing on a better team.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                              Other than Losman(and I don't agree with Smith being under "poor", but agree with his placement, more or less, just wrong heading), it's not that bad of a list. Obviously any list is gonna have flaws, since nobody here can watch many games of all 32 QBs.
                              Yeah, again, I like Alex Smith a lot and think he has great potential. He falls under the "too inexperienced" part of the POOR listing. Sorry that wasn't clear enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                                You're honestly going to revert to his "ROY" when talking about how good he is? Vince Young is so overrated at this point it's not even funny. The only reason he won rookie of the year was because he was a "winner", and he was an exciting player. QB rating doesn't mean anything, huh? That could be a valid arguement if it was around 70 or 80. But a 66 QB rating and he wins the rookie of the year. That's ridiculous.
                                So you don't think it's impressive that a guy who was supposed to take three years to start not only wins Rookie Of The Year but becomes the leader of his team? A rookie quarterback being the leader of his team is unheard of. You're completely leaving out the mental side of football. Without Vince Young the Titans would have won three games at best. He single-handedly brought that team from the gutter to the near playoffs. I'm not saying he's top five or top ten but he's top fifteen for sure and a better player than Eli Manning at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information