Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Who cares? Green is dead to me now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Bravo. It's a shame that no one really cares about these kind of stories.

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
        Not to sound mean, but it wasnt THAT great. Cool, he gave a person his money. Do you know how many people give to charity?
        True, but it's normally a high paid guy and some backup that doesn't have nearly as much money... it's not very often that a backup gives up his # and doesn't pocket the $$$.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Go to hell.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I remember, last training camp, when Whitner showed up in Buffalo, he wanted the number 20. Shaud Williams had only been in posecsion of that number for a season, but none the less, it still took an undisclosed, "6-figure" transition for Whitner to buy the number off him.

Funny thing is, Williams will probably be cut this year, and be out of the league, unless he can find a special teams spot somewhere. His biggest nfl pay-day will be selling a number, he only ever took because he said "it made him feel faster (as opposed to his old number 40)."

Nice gesture by Simmons, when he really could have cashed in.

Comment

Do any of my fellow Bears fans know what Moose gave Justin Gage for #87?

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

Probably a gaze that said, "C'mon really, I mean your Justin Gage".

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

I never understood paying for numbers. Sure, it's nice to have a number that has sentimental value or whatever but I would never pay for a number.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                    I never understood paying for numbers. Sure, it's nice to have a number that has sentimental value or whatever but I would never pay for a number.
                    If you win millions of dollars a year, I think paying about 100k wouldn't be much.

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                      If you win millions of dollars a year, I think paying about 100k wouldn't be much.
                      Obviously they can afford it but still, that's a lot of money for a number. I guess I just don't care enough about my number to pay for it.

Also, I think it's misrepresented how much athletes make. About 40% of these guys salaries are likely chewed up by taxes. Also, some of these guys will be living off this money the rest of their lives. Plus, they're likely paying for stuff for their family and friends. Throw in money spent on agents, accountants and stuff and more money goes down the drain. Buy a million dollar house, a few cars, and these guys might need to get a day job after they retire.

Comment

2 high class guys. Love to see that.

Comment

i really like that story... see there are good people playing pro football after all.. post 300(took longer than i thought to get)

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            Obviously they can afford it but still, that's a lot of money for a number. I guess I just don't care enough about my number to pay for it.

Also, I think it's misrepresented how much athletes make. About 40% of these guys salaries are likely chewed up by taxes. Also, some of these guys will be living off this money the rest of their lives. Plus, they're likely paying for stuff for their family and friends. Throw in money spent on agents, accountants and stuff and more money goes down the drain. Buy a million dollar house, a few cars, and these guys might need to get a day job after they retire.
                            Of course it is misrepresented. After they buy all of these expensive stuff they'll still need to maintain them, and often that can be as expensive as buying them. That is why if I was a college athlete with the possibilities of going pro, I'd stay for my senior year, which is generally the best idea.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information