Unfair Advantage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair Advantage?

Before the Patriots Dolphins game, the Dolphins got game film on Brady with audio so they could study voice inflection and work on anticipating snap count. Other teams haven't been doing it this season, and some consider it cheating. Is it an unfair advantage?

Personally I don't think it is kudos to the Dolphins for thinking to do that, it was obviously effective.

If its available for other teams to get access to then its definetely allowed and should not be critisized.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I don't thinks it illegal, but theres something definitely shady about it. I just picture Saban in a back alley slipping a guy ,in a hat and trench coat, some dolphins tickets for the tapes.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
        I don't thinks it illegal, but theres something definitely shady about it. I just picture Saban in a back alley slipping a guy ,in a hat and trench coat, some dolphins tickets for the tapes.
        Sabans definitely got a game film dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
          "You got the stuff."

Comment

I don't think its cheating any more than watching film is.

All the people that say it is cheating should really be asking themselves why they didn't think of it.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Well it may not be illegal, but the manner in which the information was obtained was... Elian gonzales was brought out of hiding in cuba to secretly record the audio of brady.
              After returning to miami a parade was held and he decided to stay in America for good.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

NFL is a business so coachs and players careers depend on the way they do there job. As a coach you do all you can to get the advantage over your opponent so getting tape of the other team and study there habit is just part of the game. Its definatly not cheating, if there was a way to see all the cards from the other team anybody would do it , in a legal way. Why do you think teams sign players who have been cut from rival division teams?? to get a upper hand on them is it fair? absolutely its way things work.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088
                  Well it may not be illegal, but the manner in which the information was obtained was... Elian gonzales was brought out of hiding in cuba to secretly record the audio of brady.
                  After returning to miami a parade was held and he decided to stay in America for good.
                  And the plot thickens.

Comment

Why would it be considered cheating? If that's considered cheating, than scouting, game film, etc. should all be considered "cheating." It's not like previous games are classified or anything. :roll:

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

How exactly does this work? I don't see how you could anticipate snap count based on voice inflection.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
                        How exactly does this work? I don't see how you could anticipate snap count based on voice inflection.
                        probabably patterns in the fluctuations of his voice during snap counts or somthing to that extent.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

Comment

I really dont see how someone can do this, every play is a random snap count. Unless the team is stupid.

Comment

probabably patterns in the fluctuations of his voice during snap counts or somthing to that extent.
                            So they train the players to listen to his voice during snap counts and try to predict when he's going to snap it? Sounds useless to me.

Comment

So they train the players to listen to his voice during snap counts and try to predict when he's going to snap it? Sounds useless to me.
                              it's the best explaination i can come up with. :|

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information