Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unfair Advantage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    They said the listened so they knew the pass protections and such. Like whatever Brady calls at the line Miami knows. In no way is this cheating, if it were the Dolphins would get in trouble, it is just a good job by Saban.

    That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

    Comment


    • #17
      I believe what the Dolphins studied were Brady's actual protection assignments that he calls out after surveying the defense.
      aka KGB Chicken

      Comment


      • #18
        i voted yes... but i meant no...


        Sig by me... Hold the applause.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Moses
          Originally posted by TitleTown088
          Originally posted by Moses
          How exactly does this work? I don't see how you could anticipate snap count based on voice inflection.
          probabably patterns in the fluctuations of his voice during snap counts or somthing to that extent.
          So they train the players to listen to his voice during snap counts and try to predict when he's going to snap it? Sounds useless to me.
          Sure there are different snap counts but they were probably in addition to studying protection assignments was any unintentional tendencies that Brady may have while hiking the ball to see if they could use it to their advantage.

          Comment


          • #20
            I dont get why Salisbury keeps arguing that it's cheating on sports center. He even compared it to steroid use and isnt making any sense. Sometimes I wonder why some of these guys still have jobs.

            Comment


            • #21
              This isnt cheating at all. If it really happend and its the reason why the dolphins won then its New Englands fault for not mixing up thier audibles. Dont all teams use fake audibles on every other play anyway? I know my highschool team did and I just assumed everybody did.

              Comment


              • #22
                someone quote me where in the rule book it says that this (or anything similar) is against the rules. until then, there's absolutely no way you can make the argument that it is.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Good for them. Hopefully this will teach coaches to change up their pass protection calls...before each game. If they don't already do that.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Moses
                    Originally posted by TitleTown088
                    Originally posted by Moses
                    How exactly does this work? I don't see how you could anticipate snap count based on voice inflection.
                    probabably patterns in the fluctuations of his voice during snap counts or somthing to that extent.
                    So they train the players to listen to his voice during snap counts and try to predict when he's going to snap it? Sounds useless to me.
                    More like line slides, or blocking schemes. Maybe Brady calls ''x'' player is blitzing, so tackle or guard pick him up. The player infront of him will know he's blitzing

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      the patriots just got their butt kicked... end of story.... sure maybe this voice thingy helped the miami D, but their D was man handling so badly that i dont think some voice thing would have made that much of a difference


                      Go Ravens!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by GB12
                        I dont get why Salisbury keeps arguing that it's cheating on sports center. He even compared it to steroid use and isnt making any sense. Sometimes I wonder why some of these guys still have jobs.
                        Because

                        1. He's an idiot.

                        2. He was a former quarterback and doesn't like the idea of the defense knowing what he's saying.

                        3. He's an idiot.

                        by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by The Unseen
                          Originally posted by GB12
                          I dont get why Salisbury keeps arguing that it's cheating on sports center. He even compared it to steroid use and isnt making any sense. Sometimes I wonder why some of these guys still have jobs.
                          Because

                          1. He's an idiot.

                          2. He was a former quarterback and doesn't like the idea of the defense knowing what he's saying.

                          3. He's an idiot.
                          You might want to mention that he's an idiot. Salisbury is always against anything that works against quarterbacks and will always back up Manning and Brady.

                          Magical sig by OSUGiants

                          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


                          Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

                          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by jkpigskin
                            the patriots just got their butt kicked... end of story.... sure maybe this voice thingy helped the miami D, but their D was man handling so badly that i dont think some voice thing would have made that much of a difference
                            The Pats got dominated at the line of scrimmage all game, it seemed to me like the film had some impact with how effective Miami was upfront.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              People have been trying to do this to Peyton Manning for years, but because he owns them with the fake audibles, no one says anything
                              Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

                              He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                it's not an unfair advantage if everyone can do it. good work by the fins.

                                Sig thanks to mockalicious

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information