No announcement yet.

Top DE Units in NFC -- Sporting News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the cards in the 4-3 have Berry & Chike at DE(when healthy is a good group)

in the 3-4 we have Dockett & Branch

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      Burgess not being called a top 5 AFC defensive end is a crime. He has outsacked all five of those players the last two years.
      theres more to DEs than sacks(Seymour + Pryce)

Seymour is a DT playing DE in a 3-4..i'll let Burgess outsack him any day of the week but Seymour is more dominant and better all around

Comment

Cowboys are a bit high. The Vikings need to bench Udeze and have Scott start with James/Edwards and they could have one of the better DE units in the NFC.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          theres more to DEs than sacks(Seymour + Pryce)

Seymour is a DT playing DE in a 3-4..i'll let Burgess outsack him any day of the week but Seymour is more dominant and better all around
          Very true. However, Jason Taylor is hardly a defensive end these days and either way hasn't rushed the QB like Burgess. I'll give him a flyer due to the amazing year he had last season. However, Schobel has no business being ranked over Burgess. None.

My point is that Burgess has the most sacks of any player in the entire NFL the past two years, and he didn't crack a top 5 defensive end list. That is criminal.

Comment

I like the Cowboys description. We have tons of potential but have yet to realize it.

Comment

If healthy.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=8870

thats how I feel about if healthy.

If Len Bias was alive still, he would be in the Hall of Fame and the Celtics would have won at least one ring in the early 90's with Len Bias, Reggie Lewis, Robert Parish, Kevin Gamble, Xavier McDaniel, Alaa Abdelnaby, Kevin McHale, Rick Fox, Sherman Douglas and Dee Brown.
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

NFC South Represent

Comment

I'm suprised that they have us #2 in DT (another link) but 6th in DE. Personally I think we're better at DE. Whatevs though.

Bucs above us is stupid though. Simeon Rice is incredibly washed up. Usually I like Sporting News but that's just bad.
                  Last edited by bearsfan_51; 05-19-2007, 05:55 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Here are the DT rankings. I think these are a little better personally.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=205736

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=205133

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Can't complain too much about the Packer's spot but I'd rank us higher, personally.

Kampman was a top 3 DE last year, Jenkins brings an all-around strong game and KJB has to be up there for the best situational DE in the NFL. Plus with an incredibly strong middle of the line they're open for more plays and we don't have the injury concerns/lack of experience of some of the guys ahead of us.

I'd probably go..
                      1. Bears
                      2. Saints
                      3. Pack
                      4. Bucs
                      5. Giants

I think the rankings rely too much on star power ala Julius Peppers and Michael Strahan. Peppers rocks but they have nothing on the other side or behind him and Strahan/Osi were bad last year.
                      Last edited by Sportsfan486; 05-19-2007, 06:45 PM.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                        Is Dockett moving to DE? Haven't heard anything about that. And what about Okeafor and Berry?

Those are some pretty whack rankings.
                        Are the Cards switching to the 3-4?

Comment

Not sure about the Raiders being below the Broncos. Sure Brayton didn't get any sacks, but he did a great job in contain on the right end. So he's not absolute trash at defensive end. On the other end, obviously, the Raiders have Burgess who has been mentioned.

The Broncos, however, have no one of any kind of solid caliber whatsoever. At least who has done anything in the league. I'm not saying you should completely take the rookies out of the equation, but it seems they are weighting the effect the Broncos' rookies will have a little too steeply.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                            Can't complain too much about the Packer's spot but I'd rank us higher, personally.

Kampman was a top 3 DE last year, Jenkins brings an all-around strong game and KJB has to be up there for the best situational DE in the NFL. Plus with an incredibly strong middle of the line they're open for more plays and we don't have the injury concerns/lack of experience of some of the guys ahead of us.

I'd probably go..
                            1. Bears
                            2. Saints
                            3. Pack
                            4. Bucs
                            5. Giants

I think the rankings rely too much on star power ala Julius Peppers and Michael Strahan. Peppers rocks but they have nothing on the other side or behind him and Strahan/Osi were bad last year.
                            Eh, Jenkins is a bit unproven yet. I think we were placed fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              Here are the DT rankings. I think these are a little better personally.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=205736

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=205133
                              wilfork should be ahead of Hampton...Hampton should be #5 :\

Comment

i think suggs deserves more respect. Hes a freak :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information