QB Roughing Penalty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Roughing Penalty

Any word on how the league is going to address it next season?

I'm watching the NFLN Replay of the saints game and the Aaron Smith "Roughing" Penalty on Drew Brees.

Are we moving to having the QB's wear flags? I just want to know if we should just upgrade the offense and forget about trying to build a pass rush. Because frankly, that really screwed up a lot of games last year.

I know the bengals would've been in the playoffs had it not been for the Joke of a QB Roughing Penalty against Justin Smith for Gradkowski.

And The call against Aaron Smith for being pushed in the back and pulling Brees' sock down. I mean, honestly.

Then I sit and wonder, where were those refs in the atlanta game when Ben was massacred with a late hit, helmet to helmet, and another guy leading with his helmet.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

I think all Packer fans remember the Cullen Jenkins "roughing" on Matt Hasselbeck on Monday Night Football

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I remeber that, it was bs. This was too: http://youtube.com/watch?v=d9KmXAmMTjw.

Comment

It's hard to say what they'll do. Obviously there were a lot of bad calls, but they do want to protect QBs. I think it'll end up being better than last year, but I would be surprised if there weren't still a good amount of phantom calls.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          I think all Packer fans remember the Cullen Jenkins "roughing" on Matt Hasselbeck on Monday Night Football
          I think there was 2 problems about it.

1) They were inconsistent. There was really gruesome hits that they let go, then there were plays (Like the 2 i mentioned) that were absolute jokes and were called. I believe Gradkowski still had the ball when he was tackled.

2) They were overprotective. I'm not to see anyone get hurt, but they need to let the guys play.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
            I remeber that, it was bs. This was too: http://youtube.com/watch?v=d9KmXAmMTjw.
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=QfS9KQsExgs ~ The gradkowski "Sack".

I wish I could find a picture of the Brees Roughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post

wow taht was bs

Comment

it wasn't the fact that he still had the ball it was the fact that he was driven into the ground(still ***)

i agree that the NFL needs to just let players play

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  it wasn't the fact that he still had the ball it was the fact that he was driven into the ground(still ***)

i agree that the NFL needs to just let players play

on sundays they should just wear skirts cuz every single thing they do is illegal
                  they should stop hittin in all begin with

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                    That was a terrible call.

But they are VERY inconsistent. I'm sure it's a problem for all QBs, but Hasselbeck was hit several times last season way late or rough and they didn't call it. They have just as many terrible non-calls as they do terrible calls. Hell, a few years ago a Ravens D-lineman was choking Hasselbeck, with 2 referees pulling him off and they didn't call anything.
                    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                      That was a terrible call.

But they are VERY inconsistent. I'm sure it's a problem for all QBs, but Hasselbeck was hit several times last season way late or rough and they didn't call it. They have just as many terrible non-calls as they do terrible calls. Hell, a few years ago a Ravens D-lineman was choking Hasselbeck, with 2 referees pulling him off and they didn't call anything.
                      I still point out that big hit in atlanta that put Ben out. 2 guys lead in with their helmets (1, helmet to helmet, 2 leading in with helmet) and the other guy dove low.. that was 50,000 the impact of that aaron smith roughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                        I still point out that big hit in atlanta that put Ben out. 2 guys lead in with their helmets (1, helmet to helmet, 2 leading in with helmet) and the other guy dove low.. that was 50,000 the impact of that aaron smith roughing.

ya i was mad they didnt call it
                        he was finally turnin the corner again and then bam hes out of the groove again

Comment

No
                          Fun
                          League

Fun=hitting the QB

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

they need to fix it. i still have the Tampa Bay game fresh in my mind

Originally posted by mythbusta
                            i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                            who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                              they need to fix it. i still have the Tampa Bay game fresh in my mind
                              I'm normally not one to agree with a conference rival, but that was a ******** call. I watched that game and was like.. this season is ruined for the bengals.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information