Suprise Teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suprise Teams

What team do you feel could suprise everybody and make the playoffs this year? I expect most people to say teams like the 49ers, Cardinals, and Falcons, but I'm going to go a different route and say the Rams.

I liked the offseason additions of Brian Leonard, Randy McMichael, Dante Hall, Jonathan Wade, Adamn Carriker and Dustin Fry, and guys like Tye Hill and Claude Wroten will continue to develop and improve the defense. I also think the offense will improve and be more consistent, as I expect Steven Jackson to have a HUGE year on the ground, and in the passing game too. If Bulger can stay healthy, they have a shot at making the playoffs.

Rams, Giants, KC Chiefs

Comment

you realize that both the chiefs and giants made the playoffs last year, so how would it surprise you if they made it again this year???

as for the question....titans and for the big surprise the bucs
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by snobdmat View Post
        you realize that both the chiefs and giants made the playoffs last year, so how would it surprise you if they made it again this year???

as for the question....titans and for the big surprise the bucs
        In GRF's defense the Chiefs and Giants aren't expected to do much this comming season. In fact, alot of posters on here mentioned the two in the "With the 1st overall pick in the 2008 draft the ________" thread. I see your point also though.

Comment

Damn my team has been the Rams. Theif.

Edit: You just said they'd have a "shot to make the playoffs". Real bold there.

The Rams will win the NFC West. Book it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

ill go out on a limb and say the Bears and Cowboys could collapse for the NFC and in the AFC the Chargers could along with Baltimore

Chicago-I love the team but with little dependable runningback depth *behind Benson* and the possibility of a qb crisis this team can either be a prime contender or a complete flop. Another attribute that is in flux is the d-coordinator, will playing a more pure cover-2 help or hurt?

Cowboys-Similar to Bears, big qb questions with an aging receiving corps (bears are younger). Defense looks solid but time will tell, and most importantly offensive line questions.

Chargers-I dont see LT repeating what he did last year. Thats really my only reason, a good defense, and a promising qb lead the team, but i just highly doubt LT repeats his incredible year.

Baltimore-aging in many positions it might just catch up with them. Ray Lewis and co will miss Adalius Thomas more than they think.

As for promising.

Lions- Every friggin year i say they are promising, and like every other year I believe it. The only difference is that I believe in Rod Marinelli and Martz.

Cleveland- In the powerful AFC i see no jump start risers, but Cleveland is on the right track to become great. I like Quinn and their O-line. Good skill players besides runningback. A couple more pieces and I see this team becoming another great AFC team.
            Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
            Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Texans will surprise by going 0-16. ;)

Comment

Rams have been my West winner.

Comment

If you think the loss of Rivera will be a big blow you aren't paying much attention to the Bears. He was the D coordinator in name only last year. That's not to say there aren't other reasons they could slip, but that isn't one of them.

Also, we had a QB crisis and won 13 games so I don't think that will be what brings us down. My two biggest concerns are RB depth as you mentioned and the potential loss of Briggs, who I view as more valuable than most.

Comment

No GB predictions so far? Fine I'll do it just to get things going a bit.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

cards are always picked as the surprise team, maybe this year since no one is really saying it we will actually do it

Comment

I have had the browns as a underdog team since the end of last year...after FA and the Draft this doesn't look as much of an underdog. But I only put them at making it above .500 anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          No GB predictions so far? Fine I'll do it just to get things going a bit.
                          It all hinges on young players and how they develop. If a few of the young kids turn into the players they are capable of, Green Bay should make the playoffs.
                          If they don't, the Packers will be on the outside looking in again.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            It all hinges on young players and how they develop. If a few of the young kids turn into the players they are capable of, Green Bay should make the playoffs.
                            If they don't, the Packers will be on the outside looking in again.
                            Should implies that there is a much greater than 50% chance of making the playoffs.

The Colts should make the playoffs. The Packers could. It's an issue of semantics but an important one IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              If you think the loss of Rivera will be a big blow you aren't paying much attention to the Bears. He was the D coordinator in name only last year. That's not to say there aren't other reasons they could slip, but that isn't one of them.

Also, we had a QB crisis and won 13 games so I don't think that will be what brings us down. My two biggest concerns are RB depth as you mentioned and the potential loss of Briggs, who I view as more valuable than most.
                              im just worried that Babich will make us play Cover 2 100% of the time. And notice i said potentially. Who knows with Grossman, and the rb depth has no starter capable guys besides Benson whos shown that he cant seem to stay healthy.

the Briggs situation bothers me only for locker room purposes, frankly i think hes a good player that has his stats inflated by the scheme and playing next to Urlacher. Not to say he isnt good, but I dont believe hes the be all end all.
                              Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                              Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information