Best 2007 FA LB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 2007 FA LB?

With three top-flight LBs theorhetically available in free agency for 2007, which one would you choose for your team? We'll say you are able to make whichever of them work for your cap and that their team does not franchise them. Given the jump in cap, I'd be surprised if any of the three hit the market.
    The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Adalius Thomas. He is the best in basically every facet of the game.

Comment

As a pure OLB in a 4-3, I'd take Briggs.

Comment

Adalius Thomas for my Bengals because we need a LB that can get to the QB... I'll gladly take Briggs though for a 4-3 LB.

Comment

Briggs he is the best LB on Chicago and in the NFC

Comment

Thomas b/c versatility

Comment

I'd have to say Briggs

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79
                Briggs he is the best LB on Chicago and in the NFC
                :shock:

Comment

I'd want Thomas for his ability to pressure the QB. Overall though, Briggs is better, Thomas is just a better fit.

Comment

How do people think Briggs is better than Thomas? What exactly does he do better?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
                      How do people think Briggs is better than Thomas? What exactly does he do better?
                      I'm looking at is as who would I want more on my team, the Giants. I'm not sure where I would even play Thomas. Sure he does a little bit of everything, but a jack of all trades masters none. I know what I would do with Briggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
                        Originally posted by Moses
                        I'm looking at is as who would I want more on my team, the Giants. I'm not sure where I would even play Thomas. Sure he does a little bit of everything, but a jack of all trades masters none. I know what I would do with Briggs.
                        Thomas is better in every facet of the game though. I can't think of a single thing that Briggs does better than Thomas.

Comment

Briggs. He's 3 years younger then Thomas, and has played in the same altered Cover 2 Shell that the Jaguars run in which linebackers roam sideline to sideline and deal with receivers and the running game first, and make plays in the backfield second.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag
                            Briggs. He's 3 years younger then Thomas, and has played in the same altered Cover 2 Shell that the Jaguars run in which linebackers roam sideline to sideline and deal with receivers and the running game first, and make plays in the backfield second.
                            Exactly. Gaints as well run a lot of Cover 2 and I'm not sure where he would fit at 6'2" 270 lbs. We would never used him as a DE with Strahan, Osi, Kiwi, and Tuck. Briggs would be the better fit. Plug him in right at WLB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
                              Originally posted by JT Jag
                              Exactly. Gaints as well run a lot of Cover 2 and I'm not sure where he would fit at 6'2" 270 lbs. We would never used him as a DE with Strahan, Osi, Kiwi, and Tuck. Briggs would be the better fit. Plug him in right at WLB.
                              Thomas is a better athlete than Briggs even at 270 lbs. He is excellent in pass coverage.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information