No announcement yet.

Time for Al Davis to give up day to day operations of the

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a report of Steve Young attempting to buy stocks from the feachise but Dvias declined. Then about a month ago I read Davis was selling 40% of the Raiders stocks but there were no takers. What worries me is that Davis will make Art Shell "Head of Foobtall operations" if he doesn't sell the team, which will doom us for ever. Another option is naming Mike Lombardi the GM, and he fires Shell and goes for Petrino.

Comment

The only way Al will give up the Raiders is by dieing.I shudder to think who will replace him.As long as I lived its been Al Davis as the face of the Franchise.With him gone could all of the Raider traditions leave?If I had the choice of Al leaving ownership right now and the Raiders winning 10 straight superbowls but losing all the old Raider traditions or him leaving 10 years from now with losing seasons but keeping the traditions.I might take the 2nd choice.The traditions must stay no matter who controls the Raiders.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

For the good of the Raiders I would hope he'd step down. I thought he lost it after they, yet again, took another first round defensive back last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
          For the good of the Raiders I would hope he'd step down. I thought he lost it after they, yet again, took another first round defensive back last year.
          Which actually led to having the best pass defense in the league. So what's your point? :?

Comment

I can't imagine the raiders without Al Davis

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider
              There was a report of Steve Young attempting to buy stocks from the feachise but Dvias declined. Then about a month ago I read Davis was selling 40% of the Raiders stocks but there were no takers. What worries me is that Davis will make Art Shell "Head of Foobtall operations" if he doesn't sell the team, which will doom us for ever. Another option is naming Mike Lombardi the GM, and he fires Shell and goes for Petrino.
              Aren't the Packers the only team in the NFL with public stock?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                Aren't the Packers the only team in the NFL with public stock?
                Yea the Raiders arent a public franchise. He wants to sell 30% of the ownership but the buyer gets no control or say in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
                  The only way Al will give up the Raiders is by dieing.I shudder to think who will replace him.As long as I lived its been Al Davis as the face of the Franchise.With him gone could all of the Raider traditions leave?If I had the choice of Al leaving ownership right now and the Raiders winning 10 straight superbowls but losing all the old Raider traditions or him leaving 10 years from now with losing seasons but keeping the traditions.I might take the 2nd choice.The traditions must stay no matter who controls the Raiders.
                  OK. If mediocrity is your tradition, then go root for it. Being a Giants fan, I wanted George Young to retire gracefully when he started drafting on first round bust after another (after Rodney Hampton). The guy rambled incoheritantly on radio shows. He went from hero to embarrassment. Time change, I want my team to win.

Comment

Which actually led to having the best pass defense in the league. So what's your point? :?
                    Which has led to the Raiders success.... :roll: Building a team around fast defensive backs, for the first round of the past three out of four years was dumb, and a big reason why they are in a crapper at this point and time.

Comment

I totally agree Raiderfootball is based on Raider tradions.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Which has led to the Raiders success.... :roll: Building a team around fast defensive backs, for the first round of the past three out of four years was dumb, and a big reason why they are in a crapper at this point and time.
                        It's not the defense that is failing to us, rather the offense. Davis did a very good job in the draft, only player I see not having success is McQuistan. We were expecting Art Shell, Jackie Slater, and Irv Eatman to revamp our Linemen, but they installed a new and different system which is based on hitting your players and then dropping back, which clearly is not working. Then hiring Tom Walsh didn't help, his ignorance for knowledge of modern football hurt the Raiders.. badly. The draft is not what is killing the Raiders, it is Davis not willing to give power to his head coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft
                          OK. If mediocrity is your tradition, then go root for it. Being a Giants fan, I wanted George Young to retire gracefully when he started drafting on first round bust after another (after Rodney Hampton). The guy rambled incoheritantly on radio shows. He went from hero to embarrassment. Time change, I want my team to win.
                          if someone were to step in Al's place and have the traditions stay then hell yah i would take him or her anyday.
                          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I love how people keep saying all you draft is fast db's. Yea we did and look how they turned out. Only bad pick we've had lately was Gallery. We had a ton of steals like Kirk Morrison and Ron Curry. The other misconception is that the franchise is too old school. How many franchise ceo's are female?

Comment

Actually the only failures the Raiders have had at fast DBs as of this decade are Derrick Gibson and Phillip Buchannon.

Comment

Actually the only failures the Raiders have had at fast DBs as of this decade are Derrick Gibson and Phillip Buchannon.
                                And the Raiders still turned Buchanon into Kirk Morrison and Fabian Washington. Buchanon didn't even last with the Texans, getting his outright release in the offseason one year later.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information