Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Al Davis to give up day to day operations of the

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Time for Al Davis to give up day to day operations of the

    Raiders?

    Since John Gruden left and the Super Bowl year after that, the Raiders have had one of the worst record in the NFL.

    The Raiders have consistantl drafted busts despite picking high. They still try to get by with an offensive philosophy stuck in the 60's and 70's. Taking other team head cases are now head cases for the Raiders.

    Time for Al to see someone else run the team.

  • nobodyinparticular
    replied
    Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
    Actually the only failures the Raiders have had at fast DBs as of this decade are Derrick Gibson and Phillip Buchannon.
    And the Raiders still turned Buchanon into Kirk Morrison and Fabian Washington. Buchanon didn't even last with the Texans, getting his outright release in the offseason one year later.

    Leave a comment:


  • doingthisinsteadofwork
    replied
    Actually the only failures the Raiders have had at fast DBs as of this decade are Derrick Gibson and Phillip Buchannon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Windy
    replied
    I love how people keep saying all you draft is fast db's. Yea we did and look how they turned out. Only bad pick we've had lately was Gallery. We had a ton of steals like Kirk Morrison and Ron Curry. The other misconception is that the franchise is too old school. How many franchise ceo's are female?

    Leave a comment:


  • doingthisinsteadofwork
    replied
    Originally posted by eacantdraft
    Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
    The only way Al will give up the Raiders is by dieing.I shudder to think who will replace him.As long as I lived its been Al Davis as the face of the Franchise.With him gone could all of the Raider traditions leave?If I had the choice of Al leaving ownership right now and the Raiders winning 10 straight superbowls but losing all the old Raider traditions or him leaving 10 years from now with losing seasons but keeping the traditions.I might take the 2nd choice.The traditions must stay no matter who controls the Raiders.
    OK. If mediocrity is your tradition, then go root for it. Being a Giants fan, I wanted George Young to retire gracefully when he started drafting on first round bust after another (after Rodney Hampton). The guy rambled incoheritantly on radio shows. He went from hero to embarrassment. Time change, I want my team to win.
    if someone were to step in Al's place and have the traditions stay then hell yah i would take him or her anyday.

    Leave a comment:


  • Xonraider
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiver
    Originally posted by Xonraider
    Originally posted by Shiver
    For the good of the Raiders I would hope he'd step down. I thought he lost it after they, yet again, took another first round defensive back last year.
    Which actually led to having the best pass defense in the league. So what's your point? :?
    Which has led to the Raiders success.... :roll: Building a team around fast defensive backs, for the first round of the past three out of four years was dumb, and a big reason why they are in a crapper at this point and time.
    It's not the defense that is failing to us, rather the offense. Davis did a very good job in the draft, only player I see not having success is McQuistan. We were expecting Art Shell, Jackie Slater, and Irv Eatman to revamp our Linemen, but they installed a new and different system which is based on hitting your players and then dropping back, which clearly is not working. Then hiring Tom Walsh didn't help, his ignorance for knowledge of modern football hurt the Raiders.. badly. The draft is not what is killing the Raiders, it is Davis not willing to give power to his head coaches.

    Leave a comment:


  • portermvp84
    replied
    Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
    The only way Al will give up the Raiders is by dieing.I shudder to think who will replace him.As long as I lived its been Al Davis as the face of the Franchise.With him gone could all of the Raider traditions leave?If I had the choice of Al leaving ownership right now and the Raiders winning 10 straight superbowls but losing all the old Raider traditions or him leaving 10 years from now with losing seasons but keeping the traditions.I might take the 2nd choice.The traditions must stay no matter who controls the Raiders.
    I totally agree Raiderfootball is based on Raider tradions.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Xonraider
    Originally posted by Shiver
    For the good of the Raiders I would hope he'd step down. I thought he lost it after they, yet again, took another first round defensive back last year.
    Which actually led to having the best pass defense in the league. So what's your point? :?
    Which has led to the Raiders success.... :roll: Building a team around fast defensive backs, for the first round of the past three out of four years was dumb, and a big reason why they are in a crapper at this point and time.

    Leave a comment:


  • eacantdraft
    replied
    Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
    The only way Al will give up the Raiders is by dieing.I shudder to think who will replace him.As long as I lived its been Al Davis as the face of the Franchise.With him gone could all of the Raider traditions leave?If I had the choice of Al leaving ownership right now and the Raiders winning 10 straight superbowls but losing all the old Raider traditions or him leaving 10 years from now with losing seasons but keeping the traditions.I might take the 2nd choice.The traditions must stay no matter who controls the Raiders.
    OK. If mediocrity is your tradition, then go root for it. Being a Giants fan, I wanted George Young to retire gracefully when he started drafting on first round bust after another (after Rodney Hampton). The guy rambled incoheritantly on radio shows. He went from hero to embarrassment. Time change, I want my team to win.

    Leave a comment:


  • Windy
    replied
    Originally posted by yourfavestoner
    Originally posted by Xonraider
    There was a report of Steve Young attempting to buy stocks from the feachise but Dvias declined. Then about a month ago I read Davis was selling 40% of the Raiders stocks but there were no takers. What worries me is that Davis will make Art Shell "Head of Foobtall operations" if he doesn't sell the team, which will doom us for ever. Another option is naming Mike Lombardi the GM, and he fires Shell and goes for Petrino.
    Aren't the Packers the only team in the NFL with public stock?
    Yea the Raiders arent a public franchise. He wants to sell 30% of the ownership but the buyer gets no control or say in the team.

    Leave a comment:


  • yourfavestoner
    replied
    Originally posted by Xonraider
    There was a report of Steve Young attempting to buy stocks from the feachise but Dvias declined. Then about a month ago I read Davis was selling 40% of the Raiders stocks but there were no takers. What worries me is that Davis will make Art Shell "Head of Foobtall operations" if he doesn't sell the team, which will doom us for ever. Another option is naming Mike Lombardi the GM, and he fires Shell and goes for Petrino.
    Aren't the Packers the only team in the NFL with public stock?

    Leave a comment:


  • 4pAc
    replied
    I can't imagine the raiders without Al Davis

    Leave a comment:


  • Xonraider
    replied
    Originally posted by Shiver
    For the good of the Raiders I would hope he'd step down. I thought he lost it after they, yet again, took another first round defensive back last year.
    Which actually led to having the best pass defense in the league. So what's your point? :?

    Leave a comment:


  • Shiver
    replied
    For the good of the Raiders I would hope he'd step down. I thought he lost it after they, yet again, took another first round defensive back last year.

    Leave a comment:


  • doingthisinsteadofwork
    replied
    The only way Al will give up the Raiders is by dieing.I shudder to think who will replace him.As long as I lived its been Al Davis as the face of the Franchise.With him gone could all of the Raider traditions leave?If I had the choice of Al leaving ownership right now and the Raiders winning 10 straight superbowls but losing all the old Raider traditions or him leaving 10 years from now with losing seasons but keeping the traditions.I might take the 2nd choice.The traditions must stay no matter who controls the Raiders.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information