Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Death of Hunt Influence the Outcome of SD/KC game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will the Death of Hunt Influence the Outcome of SD/KC game?

    We saw the Giants last year get inspired and absolutely destroy the Redskins when they lost Wellington. I don't think any team in NFL history wouldve beat them that day.

    Will KC pull off the same thing? They are underdogs, but it is also a division rival, and they have beat them before. Will they honor Hunt with a victory, or is SD's talent too much too overcome? It should be interesting as well if this unfortunate circumstance alters the spread of the game.

    NOTE: If this thread is inappropriate, or doesn't belong in the NFL discussion, I have no problem with it being locked.

    And keep the debating clean guys.

  • #2
    Re: Will the Death of Hunt Influence the Outcome of SD/KC ga

    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    We saw the Giants last year get inspired and absolutely destroy the Redskins when they lost Wellington. I don't think any team in NFL history wouldve beat them that day.

    Will KC pull off the same thing? They are underdogs, but it is also a division rival, and they have beat them before. Will they honor Hunt with a victory, or is SD's talent too much too overcome? It should be interesting as well if this unfortunate circumstance alters the spread of the game.

    NOTE: If this thread is inappropriate, or doesn't belong in the NFL discussion, I have no problem with it being locked.

    And keep the debating clean guys.
    As much as I feel bad for the passing of Lamar Hunt, If KC finishes 9-7 Pittsburgh could still make the playoffs.

    Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

    Comment


    • #3
      Both the Chiefs and Pittsburgh are not making the playoffs.

      Comment


      • #4
        I say they do get inspired for the SD game.If they don't they are truely heartless

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Splat420
          Both the Chiefs and Pittsburgh are not making the playoffs.
          If KC wins on Sunday, I think them and Jacksonville make it. I think Cinncy's gonna hit a cold streak soon.

          Comment


          • #6
            Last year it was Trent Green's dad. Conspiracy?


            clearly kidding.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Splat420
              Both the Chiefs and Pittsburgh are not making the playoffs.
              They could both make the playoffs... the Cheifs much easier than the Steelers.

              If Pittsburgh and KC finish 9-7 for the final spot we have the tie breaker.

              you never know.

              Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

              Comment


              • #8
                The Chiefs just plain suck on the road there next two games are on the road I would be shocked if they win out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Splat420
                  The Chiefs just plain suck on the road there next two games are on the road I would be shocked if they win out.
                  Who knows, maybe theyll get some good fortune. Maybe they'll play with more passion now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't buy the whole inspired thing. And I don't buy that the Giants could have beaten anyone that day last year. Giants played the likes of the Skins last year. That isn't like the Chargers of this year.

                    More likely the Giants killed the Redskins because of Antonio Pierce. He knew exactly what the Skins would do on defense and told the offensive coaches so they could adjust and it worked perfectly. On the first drive the skins like to run defenses that counter the top 5 plays the opposing teams like to use. Pierce knew this and just a simple switch of running a play to the weakside instead of the strongside like they always did, resutled in a huge gain on the first play from scrimmage.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jughead10
                      I don't buy the whole inspired thing. And I don't buy that the Giants could have beaten anyone that day last year. Giants played the likes of the Skins last year. That isn't like the Chargers of this year.

                      More likely the Giants killed the Redskins because of Antonio Pierce. He knew exactly what the Skins would do on defense and told the offensive coaches so they could adjust and it worked perfectly. On the first drive the skins like to run defenses that counter the top 5 plays the opposing teams like to use. Pierce knew this and just a simple switch of running a play to the weakside instead of the strongside like they always did, resutled in a huge gain on the first play from scrimmage.
                      I was at that game...there was no way in hell anyone was beating the Giants that day. It wasn't just outsmarting the Skins, they just pushed them around physically as well. It was like a college game almost. Brunell had no where to go, we got pressure on them every play, even with 4 guys. They were just really amped that game, you could feel it in the air.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        Originally posted by Jughead10
                        I don't buy the whole inspired thing. And I don't buy that the Giants could have beaten anyone that day last year. Giants played the likes of the Skins last year. That isn't like the Chargers of this year.

                        More likely the Giants killed the Redskins because of Antonio Pierce. He knew exactly what the Skins would do on defense and told the offensive coaches so they could adjust and it worked perfectly. On the first drive the skins like to run defenses that counter the top 5 plays the opposing teams like to use. Pierce knew this and just a simple switch of running a play to the weakside instead of the strongside like they always did, resutled in a huge gain on the first play from scrimmage.
                        I was at that game...there was no way in hell anyone was beating the Giants that day. It wasn't just outsmarting the Skins, they just pushed them around physically as well. It was like a college game almost. Brunell had no where to go, we got pressure on them every play, even with 4 guys. They were just really amped that game, you could feel it in the air.
                        And the Skins weren't very good. And still aren't. They aren't San Diego. I think Hunt's death has no effect on the game. San Diego will keep rolling on.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think the trash talking going on between the teams will have more of an effect on the game than Hunt's passing.

                          To get everyone up to speed......

                          “What sticks out in my mind is them calling us soft last game,” Tomlinson said. “Obviously as a player, when somebody calls you soft, you don’t like it too much.”

                          LT made these comments based on Hali's quote from a few weeks ago:

                          “After running the film we didn't think they were as physical as we faced (earlier this year),” Hali said. “The Steelers were physical. We played a physical game there. We were all banged up when we came out of there. Looking at the film, we know they (the Chargers) were a finesse team. We didn't think they were that physical a team, so we thought we could get after them.”

                          Then Shane Olivea decided to get in on the act....

                          "When we play them, he's about to get that (rear end) whipped,” right tackle Shane Olivea said. “When you play a team twice, you can't say something like that. Especially when you made a play or two, you ain't in no position. That's just a rookie running his mouth. But trust me, I'm going to shut that mouth"



                          What's worse....Shane Olivea talking trash, or a rookie?


                          Originally posted by BrownsTown

                          If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

                          2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jughead10
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                            Originally posted by Jughead10
                            I don't buy the whole inspired thing. And I don't buy that the Giants could have beaten anyone that day last year. Giants played the likes of the Skins last year. That isn't like the Chargers of this year.

                            More likely the Giants killed the Redskins because of Antonio Pierce. He knew exactly what the Skins would do on defense and told the offensive coaches so they could adjust and it worked perfectly. On the first drive the skins like to run defenses that counter the top 5 plays the opposing teams like to use. Pierce knew this and just a simple switch of running a play to the weakside instead of the strongside like they always did, resutled in a huge gain on the first play from scrimmage.
                            I was at that game...there was no way in hell anyone was beating the Giants that day. It wasn't just outsmarting the Skins, they just pushed them around physically as well. It was like a college game almost. Brunell had no where to go, we got pressure on them every play, even with 4 guys. They were just really amped that game, you could feel it in the air.
                            And the Skins weren't very good. And still aren't. They aren't San Diego. I think Hunt's death has no effect on the game. San Diego will keep rolling on.
                            I don't think KC will win, I was just posing the question. I do think it will be closer than I initially projected though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Olivea isn't that bad. I think a rookie running his mouth is worse.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information