Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Death of Hunt Influence the Outcome of SD/KC game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the Chiefs will make the playoffs...

but I believe they will come out fired up Sunday Night and end up with an emotional win.

Comment

i think a similar situation happened with SF a while back, when some owner died mid-game, in like the 50s or 60s? They were down and came back i think, against chi.

Anyways i expect the chiefs to play with fire. Theyre gona be inspired. I think kc will play far beyond their talent and win this game. I dont see san diego winning.

PS is the game in kansas city or san diego? If its in kansas i think theres a 0 percent chance san diego walks out with a win.

Comment

It's in San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49
          It's in San Diego
          enough said, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by eazyb81

What's worse....Shane Olivea talking trash, or a rookie?

Uh...a rookie. Olivea is a good tackle. Better than Roaf? No. Welbourn? Maybe. But better than what's left of Kyle Turley, or whoever the hell is playing tackle for the Chiefs right now? Definitely.

This game's in our house, and we get a bye locked up if we win and Indy loses.

No matter what happens though, it's nice to know Chiefs fans will have many years of watching herm put together a championship team with Will Shields, Trent Green, Gonzo, Kennison, Ty Law, Patrick Surtain, Sammy Knight, and the rest of the youthful and exuberant players over there.

Seriously, is it me or is every impact player of KC about to retire? LJ notwithstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen
              Originally posted by eazyb81

What's worse....Shane Olivea talking trash, or a rookie?

Uh...a rookie. Olivea is a good tackle. Better than Roaf? No. Welbourn? Maybe. But better than what's left of Kyle Turley, or whoever the hell is playing tackle for the Chiefs right now? Definitely.

This game's in our house, and we get a bye locked up if we win and Indy loses.

No matter what happens though, it's nice to know Chiefs fans will have many years of watching herm put together a championship team with Will Shields, Trent Green, Gonzo, Kennison, Ty Law, Patrick Surtain, Sammy Knight, and the rest of the youthful and exuberant players over there.

Seriously, is it me or is every impact player of KC about to retire? LJ notwithstanding.
              Good dig there.....wait, you lost to KC already this season, so you really have no room to talk smack at this point.

And honestly, Shane Olivea isn't that good. Is he better than KC's tackles? Probably, but that's not saying much. Olivea is what, a top 20 tackle? Top 30?

This whole situation is hilarious in that the SD players have to use this to pump themselves up for the game. Hali didn't really say anything insulting, and he certainly didn't say they were soft.

This is sooooo overhyped. This is quintessential Marty locker room psychology. He did that nearly every game. Find some quote that sort of sounds like something really insulting and pin it up and get everyone all fired up.

We know Merriman will be using this to get him ready for the game, now that he doesn't have Deca pumping through his veins.

Originally posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I think KC will give SD their best shot. It really depends on the Chargers. I think they've been looking forward to this one since the Cheifs won in KC, and the Chargers felt they didn't play their best game (bad turnovers in the first quarter, critical penalty on the last possession)

It will definitely be an emotional game for both teams (Schottenheimer was still very close to Lamar Hunt). I hope the Chargers wear the powder blues as a tribute to the old AFL days.
                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

A Herm Edwards team finishing strong in December? Yeah... :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken
                    I think KC will give SD their best shot. It really depends on the Chargers. I think they've been looking forward to this one since the Cheifs won in KC, and the Chargers felt they didn't play their best game (bad turnovers in the first quarter, critical penalty on the last possession)

It will definitely be an emotional game for both teams (Schottenheimer was still very close to Lamar Hunt). I hope the Chargers wear the powder blues as a tribute to the old AFL days.
                    itd be cool if the Chiefs wore the old Dallas jerseys.
                    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I think the Chiefs will be inspired by Hunt's death if they aren't they don't have a pulse, and beat the Chargers. I'm not saying that's the sole reason they'll beat SD but I think it will have a tangible effect on the Chiefs. I think there are some things in life like this that can't be explained with logic or reason but I believe in it anyway.

Comment

You seriously couldn't put this post in the Lamar Hunt thread? :roll:

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

If the game was in KC, then yes I would have picked the Chiefs. But the game being in San Diego will mean that the Chiefs won't have the extra edge IMO
                          Originally posted by Paul
                          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information