No announcement yet.

Best 4-3 Dline in the NFL revisited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Eagles have to be considered next year when Kearse is healthy, Trent Cole is the best back-up DE statistically. He was even better than half the starting DE's in the league when he was a back-up. Darren Howard is a monster, if any of u watch the Philly games. Patterson is getting better. Walker is good Bunkley will be better. Seriously, in no homerness Philly has a top 3 d-line next year

Comment

Theyre not the best, but no seahawks option offends me

Sig by rainbeaukid2
      Originally posted by yodachu
      Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby
        It shouldn't

Comment

Da Bears when 100%

Comment

Why you your self a Hawks fan said they are not the best why put them on the poll?

Comment

I said the Falcons before the season, but obviously injuries have derailed that. I was reluctant to say Baltimore partlly because we didn't know how Pryce and Ngata would do, but I guess they're doing well enough, so I'd probly say them.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                It shouldn't
                We led the league in sacks last year with the same D-line we have this year (minus Russell Davis)

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                Originally posted by yodachu
                Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                  It shouldn't
                  We led the league in sacks last year with the same D-line we have this year (minus Russell Davis)
                  Same players but they haven't done even close to as well.

Comment

I think at this point you have to vote for the Ravens. The Bears have too many problems at this point. And to be honest, Tommie Harris sort of disappeared after around Week 5 or 6 this season.

The Ravens are built very well and have youth and expierence at the same time.

Whoever said that the Dolphins need to be at least mentioned, I totally agree with you.

Comment

Chargers LEAD NFL in sacks...DLINE is a reason for that..

Comment

I'll take a healthy Jacksonville Jaguars, since it's tough to consider Baltimore a 4-3 defense since they give so many different looks.

As far as the Chargers go, their OLB's account for 23 of their sacks. While they do have a great defensive line, none of them are sack artists. Their front three only account for 9.5 of that league leading sack total.

The Jaguars have the best two defensive tackles in the game, not to mention they make an average Nick Greisen, a Daryl Smith who hasn't played MIKE and a rookie Clint Ingram into a top front seven defense.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Jagsfreak123
                          When the Jags are healthy they are the best by far Stroud, Henderson, Hayward, Spicer
                          Now it'd be

RE - McCray (Will top double-digit sacks this year. Would be in Pro Bowl discussion if he had started from Week 2)
                          DT - Stroud
                          DT - Henderson
                          LE - Hayward

Players in the rotation:

Rob Meier (Classic DT/DE rotation player)
                          Paul Spicer (Has started for the team for a few years, and will help depth by subbing in during obvious run plays)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma
                            I'll take a healthy Jacksonville Jaguars, since it's tough to consider Baltimore a 4-3 defense since they give so many different looks.

As far as the Chargers go, their OLB's account for 23 of their sacks. While they do have a great defensive line, none of them are sack artists. Their front three only account for 9.5 of that league leading sack total.

The Jaguars have the best two defensive tackles in the game, not to mention they make an average Nick Greisen, a Daryl Smith who hasn't played MIKE and a rookie Clint Ingram into a top front seven defense.
                            MIKE is Daryl Smith's natural position.

Still, your points are good.

Comment

I feel as bigblue does. Balt #1, Jax #2.

Bobby McCray has actually turned into a very good rush end now that he's starting (not like he wasn't when he was a 3rd down guy). If Hayward can get back and healthy, the line could be pretty dang good with McCray, Stroud, Big John, and Hayward, along with quality guys in Paul Spicer and Rob Meier to get time.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

the ravens DLine is unbelievably versatile and their best Dlinmen may be one of the most underrated and underapreciated player in the leauge --> kelly gregg... he is so strong and so smart. He is always clogging up the middle and unlike other DT's who dont get tackles, he can suck up blocks and get tackles.... he is trully an elite DT

others on the DLine help compliment everyone else....
                                -Rookie Haloti Ngata is still learning but he is sucking up blocks extremely well... his tackle #'s are also getting better
                                -Terrell Suggs- a true pass rusher with great acceleration... he is a force at forcing fumbles
                                -Trevor Pryce- a great surprise as many saw him as past his prime... he has reached double digit sacks because of his combination of size, strength, and surprising acceleration

Go Ravens!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information