Best 4-3 Dline in the NFL revisited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 4-3 Dline in the NFL revisited

I said during training camp that I felt that the Baltimore dline was the best in the league. I felt that their thickness against the run coupled with their great pass rush, versatily, and zone blitzing ability of their DEs makes them the best.

Other popular choices included of course the Panthers, Falcons, Jaguars, and Bears. I felt that the Jags had the 2nd best dline, with potential to be the best depending on what Hayward did this year.

I still feel that the Jags have the 2nd best dline, even though Hayward went down, and still believe that Baltimore has the best.

Has anyone changed their views on the best dline since TC? Let's see who wins it now that we've seen basically an entire season of tape.

okay and Patriots dont get mentioned? Seymour-Wilork-Warren?

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6
      okay and Patriots dont get mentioned? Seymour-Wilork-Warren?
      We've gone over this before, 3-4 teams don't count. If anything, they deserve a separate thread, theres no way a 3 downlinemen front can be more dominant than 4 downlinemen. Its just impossible.

Comment

I think that Ravens have the most versatile, but I am not sure about the best, I had Panthers as the #1 in pre-season but I am undecided now.

Comment

IIRC, before the season I said the Panthers. While they have played quite well, Baltimore and Jacksonville have surpassed them in my opinon. I'll say Jacksonville but you really can't go wrong with either one.

Comment

Just starting four, or are we considering depth here.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear
              hmm...good question. I guess starting 4, since depth would only complicate the discussion.

Comment

I assume starters only.

Comment

Vikings anyone?
                  | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

When healthy I thought the Falcons line was playing pretty well. Im not sure if I should hold injury histories of players like John Abraham and Kris Jenkins against them since ability doesnt mean anything if youre not on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan
                      Vikings anyone?

pav??

Comment

When healthy I thought the Falcons line was playing pretty well. Im not sure if I should hold injury histories of players like John Abraham and Kris Jenkins against them since ability doesnt mean anything if youre not on the field.
                        I don't know, a healthy John Abraham is just as big of a question mark as a healthy Lavar Arrington. I don't know if we can classify their dline as the best.

Also, the panthers dline has been healthy all year and really hasn't stood out over the Jags or Ravens or Bears dline, im actually quite surprised that the Panthers are still winning this poll.

I guess alot of people still have manwood for Peppers.

Comment

Vikings anyone?
                          They have great tackles but they're ends aren't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991
                            Vikings anyone?

pav??
                            He's got a point though. That Vikings line is hella underrated. I'd put them over the Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991
                              Vikings anyone?

pav??
                              Draftguru152

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information