Wide recievers wearing numbers in the teens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide recievers wearing numbers in the teens

Who was the first player to do this? The first player i remember was Keyshwan Johnson 19.I dont really care to much for it besides eleven. I think Fitsgerald and Williams rock those jerseys pretty well.

I like Holmes with 10. I wasn't big on the number at first but its kinda unique. Not many with number 10.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I would have to agree about Fitzgerald and Williams. I also think Edwards and Burress sport #17 well.

Comment

Almost all of the Saints WRs wear numbers in the teens now.

Marques Colston - 12
        Devery Henderson - 19
        Robert Meachem - 17
        Terrance Copper - 18
        Rhema McKnight - 15

(the only Wide Receivers on our roster that don't wear a number in the teens are Michael Lewis, David Patten, and Jamal Jones.)

Comment

Originally posted by J-Hype View Post
          Who was the first player to do this? The first player i remember was Keyshwan Johnson 19.I dont really care to much for it besides eleven. I think Fitsgerald and Williams rock those jerseys pretty well.
          Keyshawn is really the first player you can remember?

I'll throw Lance Alworth's 19 out there for homer purposes.

Comment

There is about a million fringe level players wearing in the teens.

Personally, I dislike it. If you are going to be so strick with everybody else's #'s then you ought to be the same with WR. It's one thing if you are an undrafted rookie. But if you are the #1 overall pick, I think the team can find a number for you in the 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
              There is about a million fringe level players wearing in the teens.

Personally, I dislike it. If you are going to be so strick with everybody else's #'s then you ought to be the same with WR. It's one thing if you are an undrafted rookie. But if you are the #1 overall pick, I think the team can find a number for you in the 80s.
              The players want those numbers, you think Fitzgerald and such just got a number in the teens and didn't want it?

Also receivers didn't have enough numbers in the 80s so they get to use the teens as well. All the other positions had a much wider range of numbers.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

with teams starting to carry 6 WR's and 3-4 TE's #'s in the 80's were starting ot not be aroudn once they added the IR guys and such... it was a needed thing and I like it.

Owner of ScarDraft
                Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

I think tight ends should be able to wear numbers in the teens as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                    I think tight ends should be able to wear numbers in the teens as well.
                    TEs can wear 80s or 40s.

Comment

i madea stupid thread about this when i first got here, im an idiot
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                        The players want those numbers, you think Fitzgerald and such just got a number in the teens and didn't want it?

Also receivers didn't have enough numbers in the 80s so they get to use the teens as well. All the other positions had a much wider range of numbers.
                        Yes I do understand this.

4 WRs and 3 TEs is only 7 numbers. Even if a team kept 5 WRs and 3 TEs (which would be almost impossible) that is still only 8. They managed to keep WRs in the 80s prior 96 with Keyshawn

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                          i madea stupid thread about this when i first got here, im an idiot
                          I know, lol. I thought this was your old thread before I seen who made it.

Comment

4 WRs and 3 TEs is only 7 numbers. Even if a team kept 5 WRs and 3 TEs (which would be almost impossible) that is still only 8. They managed to keep WRs in the 80s prior 96 with Keyshawn
                            Retired numbers.

Comment

What about retired numbers? And the fact that team have a lot more than 8 receivers in camp. It just didn't make since to have one position only have 10 while all the others have at least 19.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information