RB vs WR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splat420
    To me the most important position on D is by far a DT a great DT frees up the DE's which gives the QB less time to throw which means the CB's don't have to cover as long it all starts in the middle of the line on D.
    I completely disagree. You don't have to game plan around a DT. You have to gameplan around a dominant DE.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

Well the Chiefs have great DE in Jared Allen put he gets double teamed on every play because our DT's suck so bad If we had a great DT to free him up he would be just unreal. The Chiefs have not had a great D since the mid to late 90's when they had great DT's freeing up the DE's and LB's I would take a great DT over a great DE. To me you got a beast in the middle it just makes everyone around him and behind him that much better.

Comment

a good oline is important
        Michael Vick 2.0 = Part 2 - 2011 NFL Season

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
          To me the most important position on D is by far a DT a great DT frees up the DE's which gives the QB less time to throw which means the CB's don't have to cover as long it all starts in the middle of the line on D.
          I completely disagree. You don't have to game plan around a DT. You have to gameplan around a dominant DE.
          Tell that to teams that play the Jaguars.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag
            Niiice, yea the Jags have an awesome Dline.

Sig by BuckNaked
            Ravens
            Baltimore Orioles
            Maryland Terrapins

Comment

Originally posted by bmoreravens5289
              Originally posted by JT Jag
              Niiice, yea the Jags have an awesome Dline.
              "Ok, now how many players do we have to dedicate to double teaming Henderson and Stroud... an extra guard and a blocking running back? No, then we put Bobby McCray in one-on-one, and he's been eating that up... argh!"

Henderson could be described as a "4-3 Nose Tackle"--- He's 6'7 330+. His main job is to clog running lanes, but he gets pressure on the QB just as easially.

Stroud has slimmed down to 6'6 305. He's one-gap penetrator who holds up against the run excellently.

Together they give defensive co-ordinators nightmares, and indirectly are the reason the team gets at least 1/3rd of the sacks they have.

Comment

simple RB, look at Chargers, how many recievres they have that are an impact...

Comment

The RB position is easily more important. But, the person who plays it for you isn't. I would trade my top RB for a bona fide #1 WR without flinching. As others have said, RB's are the most bountiful of any other position in the league. And there are tons of them in college right now who could easily start for an NFL team. Can't say the same for WR's. Terry Glenn is infinitely more valuable to the Cowboys than Julius Jones is. But, the play of the RB position is more important to the overall success of the team. It's a misleading question.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information