X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
    this thread is sooooooooo overdone
    i agree with that list
    i dont. i think Samuel should be 5 at the very best.

Comment

no homer...but whats everyones take on bly? playing all the #2 wrs? going against number 2 wide outs should be lock down with champ playing all the #1's

Comment

Bly is a top 5 corner in the league for sure.

Top 5 out of #2 corners that it is.

Comment

Bly is not a top 5 corner, he's probably top 30, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
            i dont. i think Samuel should be 5 at the very best.
            um... ok... 4 and 5, big diff

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
              um... ok... 4 and 5, big diff
              when u consider the 2 players at 5 are a lot better..and i said at best

id rank samuel at 7-8

Comment

Champ Bailey
                Rashean Mathis
                Chris McAlister
                Asante Samuel
                Nate Clements (homer?)

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

1. Champ Bailey- head and shoulders above the rest, he does it all

2. Al Harris- He and Bailey are THE two shutdown corners in the league. He's not flashy like Bailey and doesn't create as many turn overs (which is why he gets no love) ask Roy Williams, "The best corner, in my opinion, is Al Harris from Green Bay.He's not going to get you those picks. But that's a shut-down corner. He's going to pressure you all game, he doesn't want no help up top, he's going to pressure you all game, he wants that No. 1 guy every week. It's a tough task getting by him because he's so long, he's so lanky, and so strong. You don't never hear nothing about him because he don't have the picks like these other guys because he don't play zone. He plays man-to-man, and you won't catch any balls against him."

3. Antoine Winfeild- Such a solid complete player. Any coach would love a player like him on their team.

4. Nnamdi Asomugha- Still hasn't reached his peak but he's a great all around corner

5/6/7. Rashean Mathis- Just plain good

5/6/7. Nate Clements- Also just plain good

5/6/7. Ken Lucas- Again, just plain good

up and comers that will be up there soon; Terrance Newman, Chris Gamble, Duanta Robinson, Marcus Trufant
                  Last edited by senormysterioso; 05-27-2007, 01:42 AM.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

1. Champ Bailey - The only shut down cornerback in the league
                    2. Rashean Mathis - Physical and strong at the point of attack, very good in both man and zone, sometimes can be outmuscled by more physical receivers, but thats more the exception than the rule.
                    3. Ken Lucas - Locks down one side of the field and loves to support the run, can at times struggle to fend off a block and at times plays too far off giving his man a bit too much cushion. In man to man, and tackling a ball carrier there's none better in the league at his position though the others in the top five would be equal.
                    4. Terrance Newman - I used to have a dislike for Newman, he had stiff hips for a corner and often wasn't sharp enough coming out of his breaks when covering a receiver man to man, this last season he seemed more fluid and seemed to try a lot harder to cover some one, he seemed, hungrier, if he keeps up that intensity he gets the vote.
                    5. Al Harris - Tenacious and aggressive but also very smart in the way he plays. Not necessarily a shut down guy because he struggles against the faster more elusive receivers like Steve Smith and Santana moss, but very, very, very good.

Honorable Mentions

Nnamdi Asomugha Very good young corner but not yet in the same class as the guys above him. He's playing in front of pass rush that ranked first in the league and with a good supporting cast of safeties and cornerbacks around him. very good player, but hasn't been playing great defense for a number of years, just one year.

DeAngelo Hall, wants to be the best player at his position and clearly thinks he is, but isn't. He needs to work on keeping his aggression in check as this has been his downfall in the past. Excellent measurable and a true student of the game. Needs more mental toughness and not to act like a punk on the field imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                      DeAngelo Hall, wants to be the best player at his position and clearly thinks he is, but isn't. He needs to work on keeping his aggression in check as this has been his downfall in the past. Excellent measurable and a true student of the game. Needs more mental toughness and not to act like a punk on the field imo.
                      Yeah. You would think that a guy who wants to be the best so much would not lose it so much on the field. Oh well. The guy is like 23/24. I dont blame him. Lets see him mature.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

i hate how people are saying: ask Roy Williams! he got shut down

CJ had 3 catches 37 yards against Colts..tell me Harper and David are 1 of the best

Al Harris got beat by Reche Caldwell. 3 catches 70 yards 1 TD

what about Roy's first game vs Lions? 7 catches 138 yards 1 TD...ask al Harris

Comment

1)Champ Bailey
                          2)Chris McAlister
                          3)Rashean Mathis
                          4)Asante Samuel
                          5)Terance Newman
                          6)Nnamdi Asomugha

Comment

1. Champ Bailey
                            2. Chris McCalister
                            3. DeAngelo Hall
                            4. Nnamdi Asomugha
                            5. Rasheen Mathis

Comment

This discussion=no fun without TNewFan

He actually IMed me begging for me to say that Newman deserved to be in the Pro Bowl over Ronde. That kid is legendary.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

In this thread, DeAngelo Hall has been mentioned about 50 times, but Pacman Jones has been mentioned only once.

Pacman takes a lot of flak for his off-field antics, and deservedly so.....the guy's an idiot.

But on the field, he shuts people down. After struggling in the season opener, I don't remember him allowing a single completion of more than 15 yards in 2006....and even those were few and far between.

Most teams didn't throw at him at all. Those that did paid dearly.

It's a shame that his talent is so badly overshadowed by his behavior, because he's truly one of the most amazing players in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information