RIP - Marquise Hill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
    heres a post i put on PatsFans..straight from my heart. I know it might not have a lot to do with people here but theres a lot of parts to the general fans

start:

like i said to the bronco fans when Darrent passed. im gonna preach right now and damn right im fking pissed.

WHY. I ask WHY..do we mistreat players? WHY..do we bash players who might have been a bust in your eyes. WHY?

Do you realize that most of the players are just happy to EVER make it into NFL. Football aint an easy game..pro football is 1 of the hardest things to play. It requires repetition..work, effort, drive. It hurts me when a player gets bashed saying he sucks..get him out of here. PEOPLE DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING UNTIL ITS GONE.

Im gonna be a man and admit that i have said some negative about Marquise not being able to get on the field. God will punish me for that one day. But i have always had the biggest respect for players..starters/bench or cuts. Im glad Marquise got his championship at LSU. Im glad for anyone who ever wins anything because let me tell you boys. Winning aint easy. Im glad he got a ring. Without him..we wouldnt have won the SB. We wouldnt be as good year in and year out. Without Marquise Hill and other players, we wouldnt be as good as we have been.

Why are Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Green as good as they are? You think they were just that talented? NO. How do they prepare each week. Its reptition on the practice field. Who did they go up against besides offense? Each other. Hill made the people better. Beisel made some of our players better. Anyone on the practice field is a major contributor because thats where it starts.

I know i may have screwed up on some of the things i put above(im in tears..its hard for me) but the point is. Appreciate every player..respect every player. One day..when they are gone, your gonna feel like an idiot for saying anything negative and hating. What these athletes have done to make it into NFL is something some of us will never get to witness because 1) We arent as talented. 2) We dont have the balls to put in the amount of work athletes put in and 3) Football aint for everyone. It aint easy

Marquise has never been in trouble. Hes been a model citizen..hes helped around the community here, and in Louisiana. This man is what parents try to raise their children to be. They want them to be succesfull in life. Marquise is successfull because he fulfilled his dreams of playing in NFL..winning 2 big championships. Parents try to raise their children to be respectful and stay out of trouble. This man..worked hard to get to where he is. I think we should all appreciate him as a CHARACTER first..and as a PLAYER second...because theres things far more important than football
    Great post, + rep

Comment

RIP Marquise

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions

Comment

I heard this news right after I got back from jetskeeing. Wow. Anyway, my prayers are with his family.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          I know i may have screwed up on some of the things i put above(im in tears..its hard for me) but the point is. Appreciate every player..respect every player. One day..when they are gone, your gonna feel like an idiot for saying anything negative and hating. What these athletes have done to make it into NFL is something some of us will never get to witness because 1) We arent as talented. 2) We dont have the balls to put in the amount of work athletes put in and 3) Football aint for everyone. It aint easy.
          Not when they're earning the money they're earning. I have every right to criticize them for not playing well. And I totally take offense to paragraph right there. Professional sports are not pressure. Risking your life, going into burning buildings, doing a triple bypass surgery...That is pressure. They get to do something they love to do for a living. If they fail no one dies, a burning doesn't burn down, a bank doesn't get robbed, and things like that. They just get an L in their win/loss column.

And I doubt a professional athlete can do what I do for a living either. I put in hard work every day, I train, I practice, and things like that and I only earn $9/hr. Athletes are not as talented as I am in the editing field.

I'm about sick and tired of people playing the sympathy card for these people. If you don't like the criticism, then don't play professional sports because when you are earning millions of dollars a year, we fans have every right to criticize you for not doing your job. Just like customers, bosses, and co-workers have every right to criticize those of us working in the real world if we don't do our jobs. They get to step on a stage in front of thousands of people to play the game they love. They get paid millions of dollars FOR PLAYING A GAME.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

The people critizing him for not wearing a lifevest, hope off his dick. I'm sure you haven't always put saftey first.

RIP

Comment

This has just been an absolute offseason for the NFL. All the off-the-field issues and all of the deaths, this has just been a very demoralizing offseason for me personally. My prayers go out to the Hill family.

You have to wonder, what does the girl he went jet skiing with think right now. Thinking that someone sacraficed their body to save yours. That has got to be tough.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

That's a shame. I remember watching him play for LSU and remember him getting drafted by the Pats. It's a terrible tragedy.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Goodell needs to be having a rough first year. A ton of things have happened and he has made good decisions like a true leader. Props to him for that.

May Hill rest in peace though, my prayers tonight shall go to his family, friends and all of those who have and still love him and his memory.

Comment

damn
                    he died a hero

RIP

Go Ravens!

Comment

http://www.comcast.net/sports/index....h=itn_patriots

Wow RIP. Everything was going great for the Pats this off-season, this is the worst thing that could have happened. Marquise was tabbed as a "bust" as a second round pick, but off the field all we have heard is great things about him. RIP, thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
                      Last edited by Don Vito; 05-28-2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

RIP Marquise.

And all of you saying he should have been wearing a life vest, I'm sure you have at least gone out on the water once without a life vest. The problem is, everybody always thinks they're going to be alright and nothing bad will happen on the water. Turns out, sometimes bad things happen.

BoneKrusher

Comment

That sucks, RIP Marquise.

Comment

....Now that my rant is done, RIP Marquise. As far as I could tell he was a good guy and it's sad to see good guys go like this.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

RIP

He died a hero.

stephenson86

Comment

A guy that went to my church died from a jetski accident last year at right about this time of the year also. Tried to jump a wave but must have mistimed it or something. Flew up into the air, came down and smacked against the jetski, lost consicousness and broke his back. Not sure whether he died from the impact or drowning. Only 24 years old, RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information