RIP - Marquise Hill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
    When I die, I hope it's during a heroic act.
    I wonder if this hero story is true, or just sensationalism. The Pat Tillman and Jessica Lynch stories were blown out of proportion for that reason. Fool me once...

Comment

RIP my thoughts and prays to his family friends and teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
        Not when they're earning the money they're earning. I have every right to criticize them for not playing well. And I totally take offense to paragraph right there. Professional sports are not pressure. Risking your life, going into burning buildings, doing a triple bypass surgery...That is pressure. They get to do something they love to do for a living. If they fail no one dies, a burning doesn't burn down, a bank doesn't get robbed, and things like that. They just get an L in their win/loss column.

And I doubt a professional athlete can do what I do for a living either. I put in hard work every day, I train, I practice, and things like that and I only earn $9/hr. Athletes are not as talented as I am in the editing field.

I'm about sick and tired of people playing the sympathy card for these people. If you don't like the criticism, then don't play professional sports because when you are earning millions of dollars a year, we fans have every right to criticize you for not doing your job. Just like customers, bosses, and co-workers have every right to criticize those of us working in the real world if we don't do our jobs. They get to step on a stage in front of thousands of people to play the game they love. They get paid millions of dollars FOR PLAYING A GAME.

Really, they do what they love for 16-19 days per year. The rest of the time, they are doing things they most likely do not love, such as running their butts off, lifting their butts off, being in meetings that last several hours and memorizing 500-page playbooks. Sure, they get paid a lot. But if 50,000 people were wiling to pay $100 a piece and then buy $6 beer to see a surgery or a fire being put out, firefighters and surgeons would get that money. Let's not forget, every time they step out on the field, they're putting their body on the line. We've all seen what can happen to football players on the field and how that can really affect their life. Those same hazards are not present in being a cashier, or an editor, or almost anything. Only things like soldier, police officer and firefighter have more of a risk(off the top of my head. there could be more). Also, any player in the NFL is better at what they do than 98% of the world. The top 2% of other professions get paid similar to football players. Can anyone here really say theyre in the top 2 percentile for what they do? Probably not.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
          Really, they do what they love for 16-19 days per year. The rest of the time, they are doing things they most likely do not love, such as running their butts off, lifting their butts off, being in meetings that last several hours and memorizing 500-page playbooks. Sure, they get paid a lot. But if 50,000 people were wiling to pay $100 a piece and then buy $6 beer to see a surgery or a fire being put out, firefighters and surgeons would get that money. Let's not forget, every time they step out on the field, they're putting their body on the line. We've all seen what can happen to football players on the field and how that can really affect their life. Those same hazards are not present in being a cashier, or an editor, or almost anything. Only things like soldier, police officer and firefighter have more of a risk(off the top of my head. there could be more). Also, any player in the NFL is better at what they do than 98% of the world. The top 2% of other professions get paid similar to football players. Can anyone here really say theyre in the top 2 percentile for what they do? Probably not.
          Couldnt have said it better myself. I cant stand these douche bags that dont feel sympathy for a man that died or saying that he deserved it. That's a pathetic excuse for a human being if you ask me.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

i wonder if a little life vest would really make a difference for a 300lb dude. When i wear one, it doesnt help me THAT much, but i dont have to kick a lot, and im 290lbs

RIP

Comment

RIP Gentile Giant

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...25770&pcid=111

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                i wonder if a little life vest would really make a difference for a 300lb dude. When i wear one, it doesnt help me THAT much, but i dont have to kick a lot, and im 290lbs

RIP
                There are life vests available for all different weights. If you're 300 lbs. wearing a life jacket for a 100 lb. kid, it probably won't help much. If you get the right life jacket, it could save your life.

Comment

I can't believe all these people saying "he should have worn a life vest" or "he broke so many laws"... only homosexuals live be the rules and wear life vests... real men take risks, and that's what he did.

I think that he wanted to die there rather than be rescued, cause he was a real man. It's a great loss, and the only positive thing I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a patriots fan.

Comment

Originally posted by tom View Post
                    I can't believe all these people saying "he should have worn a life vest" or "he broke so many laws"... only homosexuals live be the rules and wear life vests... real men take risks, and that's what he did.

I think that he wanted to die there rather than be rescued, cause he was a real man. It's a great loss, and the only positive thing I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a patriots fan.
                    Wow...

That is one of the dumbest collection of thoughts I've ever read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
                      Wow...

Could not agree more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                        Could not agree more.
                        Finally, someone said something more stupid than me..

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post

RIP
                          A lifejacket wouldn't have made a bit of difference in those waters. He was in a bad area of Lake Ponchatrain where ships go in and out of, thus swirling waters and undertoes. Word is an undertoe took him under and even with a lifejacket, he wouldn't have survived after being pulled under.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
                            Wow...

That's cool dude... you can call me whatever you like, but at least I'm not a homosexual...

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information