Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does size matter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    He does play against Jacksonville WR. Nuff said

    Comment


    • #17
      Of course size matters. Yes there are casses which the players heart makes up for the size, but if size didn't matter then why wasn't Troy Smith a 1st or 2nd round pick? Why wasn't Chris Leak drafted? Why was Calvin Johnson regarded as the best prospect this year, and why did all these undersized guys, fall so far in the draft. NFL teams know what they're doing.

      Comment


      • #18
        For lineman size is huge, the taller you are the longer your arms are, which allow for more reach. Also a fast and tall wr can be unstoppable in single coverage even if he lacks intangibles like route running which the smaller and slower players use to make up for their physical shortcomings.


        Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

        Comment


        • #19
          Height can always help in the draft. Just look at Calais Campbell. That kid is a massive 6'8. Although, it doesnt mean you still cant be successful in the NFL. DeMeco Ryans was listed as "too short" and look what he did last year. He probably fell to the 2nd round because of his height difference.

          Comment


          • #20
            there are hall of famers who are undersized, and there are giants who cant even get on the feild. but, in general, size matters incredibly. sure zack thomas has heart and a mind for MLB. but you dont think he would be even better in say...urlachers body?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
              Of course size matters. Yes there are casses which the players heart makes up for the size, but if size didn't matter then why wasn't Troy Smith a 1st or 2nd round pick? Why wasn't Chris Leak drafted? Why was Calvin Johnson regarded as the best prospect this year, and why did all these undersized guys, fall so far in the draft. NFL teams know what they're doing.
              Why was Garrett Wolfe a 3rd round pick?



              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                Why was Garrett Wolfe a 3rd round pick?
                he went to NIU...that had some to do with it...but the size was alot to

                Comment


                • #23
                  Pac Man's almost 5'10, which is why he's listed as that on many sites. He may be around 5'9 3/4 or something like that. He'll tell everyone that he's 5'10 though. Its likely an ego thing.

                  And Pac doesn't "routinely" play against 6'5 WR's, but the point was that the height doesn't make that much of a difference. Pac is very fast, and is such a good leaper that he can help handicap the taller receiver in his height advantage. Also, Jacksonville's WR's average around 6'4 or so. Andre Johnson is 6'3, which is a 5 inch difference.

                  I'll throw in Steve Smith for the "size doesn't matter" discussion.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                  [@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I about fell out of my chair after reading the title.


                    Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Hit ya that close to home, eh Sweetness? ;)
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                      [@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                        Hit ya that close to home, eh Sweetness? ;)
                        Yup, because I'm friggin huge!


                        Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I think size and measurables only go so far. When Chris Henry, 6'2, 230 lbs, 4.3 speed, and 3.3 ypc gets picked in the second round, it may be time to calm down on the size issue

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            I think size and measurables only go so far. When Chris Henry, 6'2, 230 lbs, 4.3 speed, and 3.3 ypc gets picked in the second round, it may be time to calm down on the size issue
                            Not when you have serious character issues. That tends to make a player fall. (Randy Moss, Warren Sapp, etc)


                            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                              I think size and measurables only go so far. When Chris Henry, 6'2, 230 lbs, 4.3 speed, and 3.3 ypc gets picked in the second round, it may be time to calm down on the size issue
                              hell be a top 5 RB eventually IMO

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Of course it matters. A lot, actually. Bringing up a handful of exceptions doesn't prove anything.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information