Does Al Harris deserve a Pro-Bowl bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Al Harris deserve a Pro-Bowl bid

He is the packers best DB, even though woodson (who also might make the probowl) has more picks (Tied for 1st in NFL with 6) but Harris has constanlty shut down the #1 receiver of opponents (today, held Roy Wiliams to one catch for 11 yards and out fought him for a interception).
    Teams don't pass against Harris or Woodson and we are poor against the pass because of our nickelback, LB and safeties not Harris or Woodson

No. From what I've heard and seen he hasn't been that great this season.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I am going to be a homer and say yes

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal

Comment

http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=31018 could have gone in there.

Anyways in reply to sweetness, he started out slow and looked like he lost it big time. after the first couple weeks he has been great though and is probably having one of his best seasons.

Should he go - maybe
        Will he go - No, probably an alternate again.

Comment

Considering that the Packers secondary is dogshit this year, and from what every Packers fan has said Charles Woodson has had a better year, I'm going to use my brain here and say no. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, if you're part of a miserable unit, you share the blame.

And again, this goes back to the argument that njx had that nobody could answer. A lot of the passing yards are going to wide recievers, if it's not the cornerbacks fault, who the hell is supposed to be covering these guys? You can't blame it all on the safties.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Considering that the Packers secondary is dogshit this year, and from what every Packers fan has said Charles Woodson has had a better year, I'm going to use my brain here and say no. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, if you're part of a miserable unit, you share the blame.

And again, this goes back to the argument that njx had that nobody could answer. A lot of the passing yards are going to wide recievers, if it's not the cornerbacks fault, who the hell is supposed to be covering these guys? You can't blame it all on the safties.
            Didn't Denver have one of the worst Pass Ds last season? Doesn't seem to hurt Bailey's rep though.

Comment

Originally posted by sodar21

Didn't Denver have one of the worst Pass Ds last season? Doesn't seem to hurt Bailey's rep though.
              Teams don't even try to throw on Bailey. You can't say that for Harris.

Comment

Since I never miss a packer game I can tell you for a fact that Harris completly shuts out the #1 receiver. It was the same story last year.
                Tell me the last receiver that got more then 50 yards on him this year. I can't think of any.

The packers snub out the #1 but opponents take shots against our nickelback, Lb or safety. The fact that the packers give up a lot of passing yards doesn't reflect his play. He doesn't get the stats of pass breakups or Int because QB's don't look his way that often. He is a top bump and run, man-to-man cover guy.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerMang
                  Since I never miss a packer game I can tell you for a fact that Harris completly shuts out the #1 receiver. It was the same story last year.
                  Tell me the last receiver that got more then 50 yards on him this year. I can't think of any.

The packers snub out the #1 but opponents take shots against our nickelback, Lb or safety. The fact that the packers give up a lot of passing yards doesn't reflect his play. He doesn't get the stats of pass breakups or Int because QB's don't look his way that often. He is a top bump and run, man-to-man cover guy.
                  Al Harris covered Moose week 1. Here's his stat-line.

M. Muhammad- 6 catches-102 yards.

That took me about 4 seconds.

Comment

Bernard Berrian and Moose toasted you guys in the first game, that's at least one dude. :?

Moose had 102 and Berrian had 50, well ok 49 but one yard.

Roy Williams had 138 against you guys in Week 3, should I go on or just stop while I'm ahead?

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

That was obviously because of the safeties and nickelback

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53

That was obviously because of the safeties and nickelback
                        Yup. :roll:

Comment

Roy Williams slipped and fell to the ground on that INT, Harris hardly fought him for it. Harris' performance today had more to do with the poor offensive line of the Lions and the pass rush of the Packers. Any time a defense gets 6 sacks and is in the QB's face the whole game, the CB is going to look better. Now I'm not saying Harris had a bad game, but that pass rush combined with awful play by the Lions OL help him out.

Comment

Here you go PackerMang:

Week One: Moose 102 yards

Week Two: Joe Horn 88 yards

Week Three: Roy Williams 138 yards

Week Four: Reggie Brown 63 yards

Week Nine: Lee Evans 58 yards

I'll stop there.

Comment

bleeehhh

Considering there is a good chance either him or Deangelo Hall get into the ProBowl I will pick my poison with Harris.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information