Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Al Harris deserve a Pro-Bowl bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    He deserves it.

    My pro bowl votes

    Terence Newman
    Al Harris
    Walt Harris

    Comment


    • #32
      he's been good this year besides a few blown coverages but if he didn't make it in past years i don't see why he would this year. he'll be an alternate.

      Sig thanks to mockalicious

      Comment


      • #33
        Week 6: Chris Chambers, 2 catches for 29 yards.
        Week 7: Anquan Boldin, 4 catches for 47 yards.
        Week 8: Lee Evans, 2 catches for 58 yards and one TD
        Week 9: Travis Taylor, 3 catches for 28 yards.
        Week 10: Troy Brown, 4 catches for 26 yards.
        Week 11: Darrell Jackson, 2 catches for 20 yards with one TD
        Week 12: Lavernious Coles, 3 catches for 28 yards.
        Week 13: Antonio Bryant, 1 catch for 39 yards.
        Week 14: Roy Williams, 1 catch for 11 yards.

        Each reciever was more than likely covered by Harris one on one for the majority of the game. And it's not like those receivers are back up recievers either.

        Hitman D

        "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          Originally posted by someone447
          I don't think Harris deserves it, he played SO bad the first couple of games that I think it takes him out of consideration. I haven't seen many games since week 4, but the ones I did, he played quite well. It IS the safeties and lbers that have been giving up the big plays. The Packers don't always play man coverage. No team ALWAYS plays man coverage. When they do, the top 2 recievers don't do a whole lot. But then the TE or the number 3 reciever just dominates Dendy and Poppinga.(How many non packer fans have even ever heard of those guys? Hell, how many packer fans have heard of them until the starting getting bent over in the passing game this year?) Then as soon as Woodson or Harris release the receiver to the safeties, well, that is the problem. Collins will occasionally make a play, and Manual, I don't know what the *********** he does when a receiver comes in his general direction. He acts like he should be playing for St. Mary's School for the Blind and Deaf. Hell, there have been times when I am sure that I could cover better than he could. At least I am able to follow my responsibility. He always tends to double the short guy with the corner who released the outside man on a fade, and leave the guy going deep to be covered by air.

          Guess what Big Blue, Roy Williams and Chad Johnson both have said he is one of the best corners in the league. I will say that I believe he is underrated here, but a lot of that is because there are so many people who overrate and act like he is the best corner of all time. So it kind of turns people off. There is a new Al Harris thread as often as there is a new Mike Vick thread. Both of whom are underrated by the majority of posters on this site, and overrated, by many of the others.
          I can live with that. Its just tiring hearing about Harris so much.
          Nothing was worse than this past offseason. The Packers fans were out of control. If you listened to talk about how good, yet underrated, every single one of their players was, you'd think they had enough talent to win the Superbowl, but just got bit by the injury bug.

          Comment


          • #35
            I think he's a very good shutdown corner but not so much the play maker that woodson is. We got the best of both worlds in the corners, latley they have gotten better and better. Harris is better at shuting down than Woodson, 1 of them should go I think

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by 70challenger457
              I think he's a very good shutdown corner but not so much the play maker that woodson is. We got the best of both worlds in the corners, latley they have gotten better and better. Harris is better at shuting down than Woodson, 1 of them should go I think
              There is only one shutdown corner in the NFL, and it is sure as hell not Al Harris.

              Comment


              • #37
                I don't think Al Harris should even be considered for the pro bowl. His sub par play for most of the year has really dissapointed. I remember before the start of last season I was trying to make an argument for him to be a top 10 corner with the way he played last year.

                Although Harris has played well in the last 4-5 games, that doesn't make up for his performances the week's prior to that. I have seen most of the Packers game this year Harris has been shaky in coverage through most of the games. Alot of those blown coverages that GB has become famous for this year have occured on his side.

                To me he was always a better coverage guy in shorter yardage than longer yardage. This year he hasn't looked to great on the short coverage and has allowed way too many balls to be completed in fron of him. Last year he would have knocked down a bunch of those.

                The Packers CB who need's to go to the Pro Bowl is Charles Woodson. Who, like Harris, got off to a slow start but broke out of it and started playing the way he is capable by about the 4th week. He is showing shades of his olds self and for the first time in a long time he will probably go through the whole season without missing a game. Woodson has been great in all aspects of coverage for most of the year. He also has a bunch of INT's to add to that.

                Comment


                • #38
                  **Attention**

                  There shall be no more threads where the main topic is Al Harris. Non Packer fans are sick of it(I am too), and if anything it just pushes them away more.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    Originally posted by someone447
                    I don't think Harris deserves it, he played SO bad the first couple of games that I think it takes him out of consideration. I haven't seen many games since week 4, but the ones I did, he played quite well. It IS the safeties and lbers that have been giving up the big plays. The Packers don't always play man coverage. No team ALWAYS plays man coverage. When they do, the top 2 recievers don't do a whole lot. But then the TE or the number 3 reciever just dominates Dendy and Poppinga.(How many non packer fans have even ever heard of those guys? Hell, how many packer fans have heard of them until the starting getting bent over in the passing game this year?) Then as soon as Woodson or Harris release the receiver to the safeties, well, that is the problem. Collins will occasionally make a play, and Manual, I don't know what the *********** he does when a receiver comes in his general direction. He acts like he should be playing for St. Mary's School for the Blind and Deaf. Hell, there have been times when I am sure that I could cover better than he could. At least I am able to follow my responsibility. He always tends to double the short guy with the corner who released the outside man on a fade, and leave the guy going deep to be covered by air.

                    Guess what Big Blue, Roy Williams and Chad Johnson both have said he is one of the best corners in the league. I will say that I believe he is underrated here, but a lot of that is because there are so many people who overrate and act like he is the best corner of all time. So it kind of turns people off. There is a new Al Harris thread as often as there is a new Mike Vick thread. Both of whom are underrated by the majority of posters on this site, and overrated, by many of the others.
                    I can live with that. Its just tiring hearing about Harris so much.
                    Nothing was worse than this past offseason. The Packers fans were out of control. If you listened to talk about how good, yet underrated, every single one of their players was, you'd think they had enough talent to win the Superbowl, but just got bit by the injury bug.
                    who besides Harris was said to be really good yet underrated?

                    Sig thanks to mockalicious

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by GB12
                      as
                      ifwhatevergetthepictureduh

                      by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by jackalope
                        Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        Originally posted by someone447
                        I don't think Harris deserves it, he played SO bad the first couple of games that I think it takes him out of consideration. I haven't seen many games since week 4, but the ones I did, he played quite well. It IS the safeties and lbers that have been giving up the big plays. The Packers don't always play man coverage. No team ALWAYS plays man coverage. When they do, the top 2 recievers don't do a whole lot. But then the TE or the number 3 reciever just dominates Dendy and Poppinga.(How many non packer fans have even ever heard of those guys? Hell, how many packer fans have heard of them until the starting getting bent over in the passing game this year?) Then as soon as Woodson or Harris release the receiver to the safeties, well, that is the problem. Collins will occasionally make a play, and Manual, I don't know what the *********** he does when a receiver comes in his general direction. He acts like he should be playing for St. Mary's School for the Blind and Deaf. Hell, there have been times when I am sure that I could cover better than he could. At least I am able to follow my responsibility. He always tends to double the short guy with the corner who released the outside man on a fade, and leave the guy going deep to be covered by air.

                        Guess what Big Blue, Roy Williams and Chad Johnson both have said he is one of the best corners in the league. I will say that I believe he is underrated here, but a lot of that is because there are so many people who overrate and act like he is the best corner of all time. So it kind of turns people off. There is a new Al Harris thread as often as there is a new Mike Vick thread. Both of whom are underrated by the majority of posters on this site, and overrated, by many of the others.
                        I can live with that. Its just tiring hearing about Harris so much.
                        Nothing was worse than this past offseason. The Packers fans were out of control. If you listened to talk about how good, yet underrated, every single one of their players was, you'd think they had enough talent to win the Superbowl, but just got bit by the injury bug.
                        who besides Harris was said to be really good yet underrated?
                        brett favre, on a fairly regular basis. nearly every single player on the active roster was brought up at some point as being much better than anyone outside of green bay thought.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          Originally posted by jackalope
                          Originally posted by yourfavestoner
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          Originally posted by someone447
                          I don't think Harris deserves it, he played SO bad the first couple of games that I think it takes him out of consideration. I haven't seen many games since week 4, but the ones I did, he played quite well. It IS the safeties and lbers that have been giving up the big plays. The Packers don't always play man coverage. No team ALWAYS plays man coverage. When they do, the top 2 recievers don't do a whole lot. But then the TE or the number 3 reciever just dominates Dendy and Poppinga.(How many non packer fans have even ever heard of those guys? Hell, how many packer fans have heard of them until the starting getting bent over in the passing game this year?) Then as soon as Woodson or Harris release the receiver to the safeties, well, that is the problem. Collins will occasionally make a play, and Manual, I don't know what the *********** he does when a receiver comes in his general direction. He acts like he should be playing for St. Mary's School for the Blind and Deaf. Hell, there have been times when I am sure that I could cover better than he could. At least I am able to follow my responsibility. He always tends to double the short guy with the corner who released the outside man on a fade, and leave the guy going deep to be covered by air.

                          Guess what Big Blue, Roy Williams and Chad Johnson both have said he is one of the best corners in the league. I will say that I believe he is underrated here, but a lot of that is because there are so many people who overrate and act like he is the best corner of all time. So it kind of turns people off. There is a new Al Harris thread as often as there is a new Mike Vick thread. Both of whom are underrated by the majority of posters on this site, and overrated, by many of the others.
                          I can live with that. Its just tiring hearing about Harris so much.
                          Nothing was worse than this past offseason. The Packers fans were out of control. If you listened to talk about how good, yet underrated, every single one of their players was, you'd think they had enough talent to win the Superbowl, but just got bit by the injury bug.
                          who besides Harris was said to be really good yet underrated?
                          brett favre, on a fairly regular basis. nearly every single player on the active roster was brought up at some point as being much better than anyone outside of green bay thought.
                          I cannot remember when anyone essentially said Brett favre was underrated. Maybe some people said look what he had to work with in 2005 or somthing to that extent, but it's not as out of control as many of you think. Was brett favre underrated by some of the people on here? perhaps, because some people on here acted like he was on the level of brad johnson or somtihng. Some players you might hear packer fans say were underrated were driver or kampman, but those claims have some truth behind them. Who else did packers fans say were underrated yourfavestoner? because i sure don't remember any more.

                          What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

                          2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by TitleTown088
                            I cannot remember when anyone essentially said Brett favre was underrated. Maybe some people said look what he had to work with in 2005 or somthing to that extent, but it's not as out of control as many of you think. Was brett favre underrated by some of the people on here? perhaps, because some people on here acted like he was on the level of brad johnson or somtihng. Some players you might hear packer fans say were underrated were driver or kampman, but those claims have some truth behind them. Who else did packers fans say were underrated yourfavestoner? because i sure don't remember any more.
                            :roll:

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Just stop now, there is no winning.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                al harris = poor man chris deloatch.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information