Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pack_Attack_4
    AL shuts anyones 1st WR down .
    You are undoubtedly the biggest homer I have ever seen in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston
      Week 6: Chris Chambers, 2 catches for 29 yards.
      Week 7: Anquan Boldin, 4 catches for 47 yards.
      Week 8: Lee Evans, 2 catches for 58 yards and one TD
      Week 9: Travis Taylor, 3 catches for 28 yards.
      Week 10: Troy Brown, 4 catches for 26 yards.
      Week 11: Darrell Jackson, 2 catches for 20 yards with one TD
      Week 12: Lavernious Coles, 3 catches for 28 yards.
      Week 13: Antonio Bryant, 1 catch for 39 yards.
      Week 14: Roy Williams, 1 catch for 11 yards.

Each reciever was more than likely covered by Harris one on one for the majority of the game. And it's not like those receivers are back up recievers either.
      :roll:

you missed a few. and it IS like troy brown is a back-up receiver for 31 nfl teams. the case could be made that travis taylor is, at best, a #4 receiver. but yeah, creative stat-keeping is always a good way to make someone look better.

week 1 - muhsin muhammad - 6/102
      week 2 - joe horn - 5/88
      week 3 - roy williams - 7/138/1
      week 4 - reggie brown - 3/63
      week 5 - torry holt - 3/40/1

Comment

from the jsonline:
        http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=543632

Harris has been pushing his teammate, cornerback Charles Woodson for the Pro Bowl, and with six interceptions it was thought he might have a chance. But Harris was also hoping it was his turn after allowing just 1½ touchdowns despite continually matching up with the opposition's top receiver.

He allowed 2 TDs all of last year, and 1.5 this year through 14 games. That's 30 games and 3.5 TDs given up. That's 1 TD every 8.5 games played. So, even though the Packers have given up 24 passing TDs (per nfl.com), Harris has been responsible for 1.5 TDs given up for the whole year.

In this discussion, anti-Harris players have forgotten about spread formations of 3 or 4 or 5 WRs in which UDFA Patrick Dendy was on the field as the third CB, or that Ahmad Carroll was getting burned so badly through the first four games that he was cut and the Packers took a $1.7 million hit to get rid of him, or that LB Poppinga was exposed early and often in pass coverage. Toss in a 6th round rookie, SS Culver, as the nickel back and another UDFA FS Bush and the holes in the Packers pass coverage are easy to find. Just understand it is not the starting CBs that are the problem.

Oh, and that's from a news source and the NFL website, not from a fan "parroting another fan".
        The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          Week 6: Chris Chambers, 2 catches for 29 yards.
          Week 7: Anquan Boldin, 4 catches for 47 yards.
          Week 8: Lee Evans, 2 catches for 58 yards and one TD
          Week 9: Travis Taylor, 3 catches for 28 yards.
          Week 10: Troy Brown, 4 catches for 26 yards.
          Week 11: Darrell Jackson, 2 catches for 20 yards with one TD
          Week 12: Lavernious Coles, 3 catches for 28 yards.
          Week 13: Antonio Bryant, 1 catch for 39 yards.
          Week 14: Roy Williams, 1 catch for 11 yards.

Each reciever was more than likely covered by Harris one on one for the majority of the game. And it's not like those receivers are back up recievers either.
          :roll:

you missed a few. and it IS like troy brown is a back-up receiver for 31 nfl teams. the case could be made that travis taylor is, at best, a #4 receiver. but yeah, creative stat-keeping is always a good way to make someone look better.

week 1 - muhsin muhammad - 6/102
          week 2 - joe horn - 5/88
          week 3 - roy williams - 7/138/1
          week 4 - reggie brown - 3/63
          week 5 - torry holt - 3/40/1
          What about the other recievers? No comment? Yes, he had two bad games all year, according to stats, unless you want to find stats that prove otherwise. Because his peers are mediocre means he's in any way associated?

Yes, the pass defense sucked this year, so to the average eye that would mean that Harris hasn't been very good either. If you look at the stats over each game, i'd bet you that the tight end, or number 3 reciever, was the most productive reciever in each one of those games. You haven't really presented any arguement as to why he shouldn't be considered very good, other than packer fans are homers, and he's gotten beat all the time this year.

I really don't see why it is so hard to see that Harris had a very good season.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
            Alright, name 10 NFL CBs who played better this season. The point is that Al Harris is one of the best cornerbacks in the league and played like it this year.
            not in order, just numbering to keep track

1. Champ Baily
            2. Rashean Mathis
            3. Chris McAlister
            4. Asante Samuel
            5. N. Asomuga(i cant spell )
            6. Terrance Newman
            7. Anthony Henry
            8. Lito Sheppard
            9. Ronde Barber
            10. his teammate Charles Woodson

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin
              Alright, name 10 NFL CBs who played better this season. The point is that Al Harris is one of the best cornerbacks in the league and played like it this year.

1. Champ Baily
              2. Rashean Mathis
              3. Chris McAlister
              4. Asante Samuel
              6. Terrance Newman
              7. Anthony Henry
              8. Lito Sheppard
              9. Ronde Barber
              A lot of those are debatable. I definitely disagree with Barber, Woodson, and Henry. Even if all 10 of those cornerbacks are better (which they aren't), Harris is still elite.

Comment

1. Champ Baily
                2. Rashean Mathis
                3. Chris McAlister
                4. Asante Samuel
                6. Terrance Newman
                7. Anthony Henry
                8. Lito Sheppard
                9. Ronde Barber
                A lot of those are debatable. I definitely disagree with Barber, Woodson, and Henry. Even if all 10 of those cornerbacks are better (which they aren't), Harris is still elite.
                i wouldnt say elite, but very solid....... elite status is where only a few go....... there could be only 1 elite corner in the league while there are a bunch of solid ones............ i agree that many are debatable

Go Ravens!

Comment

1. Champ Baily
                  2. Rashean Mathis
                  3. Chris McAlister
                  4. Asante Samuel
                  6. Terrance Newman
                  7. Anthony Henry
                  8. Lito Sheppard
                  9. Ronde Barber
                  i wouldnt say elite, but very solid....... elite status is where only a few go....... there could be only 1 elite corner in the league while there are a bunch of solid ones............ i agree that many are debatable
                  Other than Bailey, Harris is in the same category as all of those cornerbacks anyway. We could argue all day about who is better but they are all at a very similar talent level. Bailey is the best, the others are elite.

Comment

What about the other recievers? No comment? Yes, he had two bad games all year, according to stats, unless you want to find stats that prove otherwise.
                    why would i comment? i was the one who brought in those stats first. i already commented on them several times. i HIGHLY doubt he's been matched up with the opposing team's #1 receiver, especially since he's apparently (according to at least 3/4 of the packers fans) only responsible for getting beat like, once, and that really, he never apparently has deep responsibility.

Because his peers are mediocre means he's in any way associated?
                    what? either you completely misapplied an argument i made, or you're extremely confused about something.

Yes, the pass defense sucked this year, so to the average eye that would mean that Harris hasn't been very good either. If you look at the stats over each game, i'd bet you that the tight end, or number 3 reciever, was the most productive reciever in each one of those games.
                    that's demonstratably not true. the ONLY game i remember the TE being the leading receiver for was the new england game, but then, ben watson was clearly their best receiver. it's too bad al harris (from the last time i brought up the stats) wasn't capable of covering him and was wasted on either troy brown or reche caldwell. *shrug*

You haven't really presented any arguement as to why he shouldn't be considered very good, other than packer fans are homers, and he's gotten beat all the time this year.
                    neither of which have been my argument. he's been beat a few times this year. to blame every single one on the safeties, as people tried to do earlier, is just ridiculous. i pointed that out. i've asked for printed articles or video on youtube of him covering ANYONE at least 20 times now and none of you have responded. which is funny after i was accused of skipping over providing certain information.

I really don't see why it is so hard to see that Harris had a very good season.
                    because no one but packer fans has said it. if every broncos fan said gerard warren was the best DT in the history of the game, do you think that would be very credible? then why in god's name should i take 6 packer fans at their word, when they consistently refuse to quote ANYONE who agrees with them in the press?

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information