No announcement yet.

Top safetys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Reed without a doubt is the top safety in league and Troy Polamalu is a solid 2nd

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Top 5 FS

1. Reed
      2. Dawkins
      3. Rhodes
      4. Taylor
      5. Sanders

Top 5 SS
      1. Wilson
      2. Polamalu
      3. Jones
      4. Hope
      5. Williams/Brown

Top 5 OVERALL
      1. Reed
      2. Wilson
      3. Dawkins
      4. Rhodes
      5. Polamalu

go ahead and trash Roy but i think people underestimate his coverage sometimes. Hes still a presence..he gets picks..tackles. Brown when healthy is very good..i know hes not healthy enough but he played 12 games year before so if Sanders can be on people's lists..so can Mike Brown.

im not quiet sold on Landry being otp 5 yet..i have Whitner over him after the list

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        Ed Reed without a doubt is the top safety in league and Troy Polamalu is a solid 2nd
        Why is Polamalu better than Wilson?

BoneKrusher

Comment

Sean Taylor is only making lists based on his name and talent. His play last year was no where near 'top-5.'

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
            Sean Taylor is only making lists based on his name and talent. His play last year was no where near 'top-5.'
            neither was Sanders..or Polamalu..or Brown

2 of those were hurt..1 had injuries on and off and wasnt dominant last year

Comment

Sean Taylor sucks, Ed Reed is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                Sean Taylor sucks, Ed Reed is the best.
                Easily the best post of all-time.

Phrost sucks, Moses is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                  Easily the best post of all-time.

Phrost sucks, Moses is the best.
                  ahhahahaha

Since the consensus is reed at the top, the debate is for #2, and out of production i dont see how you can argue against Brian Dawkins..... THough he is getting old, he is still playing at a high lvl... sean taylor could easily become the best saftey if he got some discipline (i dont mean behavior, i mean on the field discipline.)

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                    neither was Sanders..or Polamalu..or Brown

2 of those were hurt..1 had injuries on and off and wasnt dominant last year
                    But of those 3, they've shown prior too injuries that they can be top 5.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Just want to know why everyone is ranking Taylor as one of the best? It isnt because hes basically a LB playing S is it? He gets alot of tackles, but also gave up the 2nd most amount of recieving TD's in the entire NFL last year behind the Saints CB. That tells me he is darn horrid in coverage, but tackling stats are clouding people preceptions of what type of player he really is. He needs to be switched to LB before the Redskins give up a passing TD every game on Taylors account.

When it comes to the actual safety position, and not tackles, even Sean Jones from the Browns is a better overall safety than Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                        Just want to know why everyone is ranking Taylor as one of the best? It isnt because hes basically a LB playing S is it? He gets alot of tackles, but also gave up the 2nd most amount of recieving TD's in the entire NFL last year behind the Saints CB. That tells me he is darn horrid in coverage, but tackling stats are clouding people preceptions of what type of player he really is. He needs to be switched to LB before the Redskins give up a passing TD every game on Taylors account.

When it comes to the actual safety position, and not tackles, even Sean Jones from the Browns is a better overall safety than Taylor.
                        I love how people all of a sudden assume Taylor is a terrible coverage safety because he gave up a lot of defensive TDs last season. Look at the defence he was on. Look at what the coaching staff asked him to do. He is easily one of the most talented cover safeties in the league. Did he make some mistakes last year? Yes, but saying he's a linebacker playing safety is just ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                          I love how people all of a sudden assume Taylor is a terrible coverage safety because he gave up a lot of defensive TDs last season. Look at the defence he was on. Look at what the coaching staff asked him to do. He is easily one of the most talented cover safeties in the league. Did he make some mistakes last year? Yes, but saying he's a linebacker playing safety is just ignorant.
                          All the exsperts say the same, just because you dont agree, doesnt mean it is "ignorant". The dude is absolutly HORRID in coverage, dont try to defend that part of his game.

Comment

All the exsperts say the same, just because you dont agree, doesnt mean it is "ignorant". The dude is absolutly HORRID in coverage, dont try to defend that part of his game.
                            Hahahaha...show me some "experts" that say Sean Taylor is horrid in coverage.

Video evidence of Taylor not terrible in coverage: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...16479616325959

That is a highlight video from his 2005 season. Look at him covering stars like Moss and Owens. He's better near the line of scrimmage, but that doesn't make him horrid in coverage. He can run with any receiver, is a viscious hitter across the middle, and can make plays on the ball.

Comment

Wow all of the so called "ESPN Experts", anyone who says he is awful in coverage shows a lack of football knowledge. He is no Ed Reed but at the same time is no Roy Williams.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

QUESTION

if Taylor is so bad in coverage but plays like an LB..then why are the Redskins putting him at FS..LaRon at SS closer to the line

Landry will be more in box while Taylor plays back. Now..did this board not go out and say Landry will be the best safety in a few years? Hes great in coverage? He is but if Taylor was as bad in coverage as u kids say..i dont see why Gregg Williams would give him coverage responsbility over Landry

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information