No announcement yet.

Top safetys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty good list except i would put Wilson ahead of Sanders easily imo. he makes plays..he plays run, hits hard and hes stayed healthy. hes a good blitzer aswell

and the only other issue i have is Madieu Williams on the list. Roy Williams isnt as bad in coverage as people make him out to be and hes a force against run..he deserves top 10 at least

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
      pretty good list except i would put Wilson ahead of Sanders easily imo. he makes plays..he plays run, hits hard and hes stayed healthy. hes a good blitzer aswell

and the only other issue i have is Madieu Williams on the list. Roy Williams isnt as bad in coverage as people make him out to be and hes a force against run..he deserves top 10 at least
      no on roy. i personally think he is every bit as bad as people make him out to be.

Comment

I wouldn't say ST is overrated around here, almost every poster calls him crap, and not a top 20 safety in the league and that he should move to LB or DE.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
          All the exsperts say the same, just because you dont agree, doesnt mean it is "ignorant". The dude is absolutly HORRID in coverage, dont try to defend that part of his game.
          When you play on a defense that has the least sacks in NFL history then your secondary is going to get smoked... Take that mixed with having to cover for Adam Archuletta and having Mike Rumph and Kenney Wright as the CB's on your side, you are going to get burned.

Once Shawn Springs came back and they signed Troy Vincent Taylors play picked up immensely. You put any safety, even Ed Reed in that situation and they would have a down year. Put Taylor in Reeds position on that D and he would probably be just as good or maybe better than Reed. Looking at stats and making an assessment is ok but they don't always tell the entire truth about a story.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
            no on roy. i personally think he is every bit as bad as people make him out to be.
            Putting a guy like Madieu Williams, Sean Jones and even Dwan Landry ahead of him is still questionable.

The only thing in which Madieu is better than Roy is coverage. Roy is way better in all other aspects of the game. Sean Jones started ONE season. Why can't he be a one year wonder? Roy Williams in his rookie season was amazing, and not a bad cover guy too. The same for Dawan Landry, who was a rookie and played in a defense filled with talent. When Roy played alongside Woodson he was way better in coverage because he wasn't asked to cover so much field.
            Roy Williams started the season very good this past year and finish it worse when, because of poor poor play by the FS he was forced to play cover 2 and far from the line.
            Even if Roy isn't a great cover guy, he's a 6 years veteran, an all-pro player, who has been a playmaker for all of his career and came with some big plays to help his team in critical situation.
            When Sean Jones or Dawan Landry or Madieu Williams will show their game-changing abilities season after season they could be on the same level of Roy Williams. Right now, no.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
              FS:
              Ed Reed
              Brian Dawkins
              Bob Sanders
              Sean Taylor
              Kherry Rhodes

SS
              Troy Polamalu
              Adrian Wilson(very very close)
              Chris Hope
              Dawan Landry
              Sean Jones
              I'm surprised you have Landry so high. I always thought Kherry Rhodes was a SS and probably would have put him there instead. I have a hunch Mike Brown of the Bears will return to greatness if he gets back to FS where he won't be hurt as much. Rhodes is a S on nfl.com. Strange, he plays a lot like Adrian Wilson. Nick Collins almost got my vote for FS, but Williams edged him out. I was surprised at the lack of great FS'. Seems like SS has much more depth. Both the Bullocks brothers should be good soon. Michael Huff and Donte Whitner will soon be prominent safeties. Landry is surrounded by a lot of talent, that's why I put the other guys over him. (Chris Hope and Sean Jones aren't exactly on star studded Ds)

FS
              Ed Reed
              Brian Dawkins
              Sean Taylor
              Bob Sanders
              Madieu Williams

SS
              Adrian Wilson
              Troy Polamalu
              Kherry Rhodes
              Chris Hope
              Sean Jones

Comment

why is Madieu all of a sudden part of a top 5-10 list? he was part of the 2nd worst pass defense and they even considered moving him to CB this year and dont thats because James-O'Neal sucked because safety was a huge need for them last 2 seasons.

i watched my boy Maroney stiff arm him and get past him quiet a few times week 4

Comment

Ed Reed
                  Adrian Wilson
                  Sean Taylor
                  Brian Dawkins
                  Troy Polamalu

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                    why is Madieu all of a sudden part of a top 5-10 list? he was part of the 2nd worst pass defense and they even considered moving him to CB this year and dont thats because James-O'Neal sucked because safety was a huge need for them last 2 seasons.

i watched my boy Maroney stiff arm him and get past him quiet a few times week 4
                    Exactly. They seem to like him but don't like Roy...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                      I wouldn't say ST is overrated around here, almost every poster calls him crap, and not a top 20 safety in the league and that he should move to LB or DE.
                      What board have you been reading? I've never seen anyone suggest anything of that nature. In fact, most people usually have him in their Top 5 safeties.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                        What board have you been reading? I've never seen anyone suggest anything of that nature. In fact, most people usually have him in their Top 5 safeties.
                        I rarely see any mention of ST without trash about him sucking afterwards. There was a ST+Landry thread before the draft and some of the stuff in there made my head hurt.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

Everyone bashes the Redskins front 7, except when talking about Sean Taylor.

Comment

I still have the memory of Sean Jones leveling Robert Gallery. That took balls and guts. I've never seen someone be as physical as that on some 6'7'' Tarzan linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by portis_clinton View Post
                              Everyone bashes the Redskins front 7, except when talking about Sean Taylor.
                              Yeah, Taylor had very little help on D last year, so you can't really blaming for looking bad at times. You can't expect one guy to do the job 11 guys are supposed to.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                                I still have the memory of Sean Jones leveling Robert Gallery. That took balls and guts. I've never seen someone be as physical as that on some 6'7'' Tarzan linemen.
                                you call Gallery a tarzan? ahahahaha. Hes soft. He sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information