Suggs v. Ware v. Merrimann

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Tell that to the Patriots. In the last game Merriman played, they stopped him cold and did his primadonna prance on his home field afterwards.
    Speaking of which, I was wondering if it was legal to choke a pass rusher or grab them by the neck in the NFL? It's apparently one of the rules I'm not clear on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
      Tell that to the Patriots. In the last game Merriman played, they stopped him cold and did his primadonna prance on his home field afterwards.
      Wasn't he playing hurt most of that game?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Speaking of which, I was wondering if it was legal to choke a pass rusher or grab them by the neck in the NFL? It's apparently one of the rules I'm not clear on.
        was it allowed? yes. some of the best are those who know how to not get caught

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by niel89 View Post
          was it allowed? yes. some of the best are those who know how to not get caught
          Yeah, I'm not going to complain and whine that we didn't get holding calls, but considering the circumstances I don't think that is the best game to judge him on....

He was held a lot more then players usually are, still had a sack (although a relatively insignificant one), but was constantly grabbed around the neck.

It's not really fair to judge him on that one game, especially considering he was being mugged all game.

Comment

• holding? HOLDING? if anyone held the whole game it was your OL. our LBs got held as did Warren, Wilfork and Seymour

there was maybe 1 case where Light blatantly held. other than that..it was just an ordinary game except you've never seen Merriman shut down like that. he also got pancaked a twice on both sides :)

Comment

• Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
              holding? HOLDING? if anyone held the whole game it was your OL. our LBs got held as did Warren, Wilfork and Seymour

there was maybe 1 case where Light blatantly held. other than that..it was just an ordinary game except you've never seen Merriman shut down like that. he also got pancaked a twice on both sides :)
              He was playing with an achilles injury, and yeah he was getting pretty consistently held. It's there on film.

and he does need to work on his technique; the guy dominates on his athleticism, but if he actually refined his pass rushing a little he'd be completely unstoppable.

Comment

• Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                holding? HOLDING? if anyone held the whole game it was your OL. our LBs got held as did Warren, Wilfork and Seymour

I'm not saying we didn't hold, every O-Line does, it just seemed the Pats got away with a couple more obvious calls then the Chargers did....

Its time to move on though, I'm not gonna make an excuse for the guy, but c'mon no one should be judged off of one game.

Comment

• I think Merrimen is the best, but I also think that Terrell Suggs is underrated. It's easy to get looked over being on a defense like the Ravens'.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                    I think Merrimen is the best, but I also think that Terrell Suggs is underrated. It's easy to get looked over being on a defense like the Ravens'.
                    Yeah Suggs gets no where near the credit that he deserves sometimes. While I agree that Merriman is the best of the 3, Suggs is the most complete of the 3 in terms of pass rushing, pass coverage, and run coverage.

Again, I'd say

1. Shawne Merriman
                    2. Terrell Suggs
                    3. DeMarcus Ware

You really can't go wrong with any ranking of the 3. All are outstanding young defensive players.
                    Last edited by dcarey20; 06-02-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• i would take suggs over ware and merriman over suggs

Comment

• Suggs for me no doubt. His crazy athleticism and ability is often overlooked because of how good the rest of the defense is. The guy is a freak.

Comment

• As a pass rusher I'd definately take Merriman but I think Ware is the best overall OLB. he seems to be better in coverage than the other two are.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information