Breakthrough Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Packers:

Offence: Greg Jennings. I'm expecting 1000+ yards.

Defence: Nick Collins. After a great rookie season, fell off as a sophomore. Pulled it together late in the season and is primed for a big season.

Comment

Originally posted by reese View Post
      over hines ward?
      Yep, I see Hines and Santonio as 1a and 1a. I mean I see Holmes being the Go-to and Big play guy where as Hines is the reliable chain mover.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

santonio is gonna be beastly this year.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Offense- Will Svitek
          Defense- Jarrad Page

Comment

Kansas City

Jarrad Page, FS- Really showed flashes in 06, as he had some huge INT's, shut down Gates, and was constantly around the football. He was a huge steal in the 7th round.

Bernard Pollard, SS- Didn't play as much on defense as Page did, but was ridiculous on ST's blocking 3 punts. Also had some big hits throughout the year. Will be starting next to Page in 07.

I also like, and agree with, the Kris Wilson, Will Svitek, and Tamba Hali mentions.
            Last edited by LarryJohnson27; 05-30-2007, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Dallas Cowboys:

Offense: Marion Barber - I think he'll get more carries and he'll show how good he really is. For me he outplayed Julius Jones last year, he could be a moajor contributor next year.
              Honorable mention to Andre Gurode, he really played well last year, he faced very good competition and he was probably our best O-lineman. I think he has the chance to be one of the top center in the league.

Defense: Bobby Carpenter - I think he will start inside, and he has the tools to be a big playmaker for us. Another choice could be Spears/Hatcher. Spears has his last chance to show that he was worth that pick, Hatcher came out strong last year and could be a very good pass rusher for the base defense.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Giants - Mathias Kiwanuka and Brandon Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                  Eh..usually it takes guys a full year to fully recover from a ruptured Achilles. The guy to keep your eye on is Bobby McCray.
                  I would say that he broke through last year, but w/e.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Most players never fully recover from a torn Achilles. The only player in recent memory who underwent Achilles repair surgery and was able to return to pre-injury form has been Julian Peterson.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                      Most players never fully recover from a torn Achilles. The only player in recent memory who underwent Achilles repair surgery and was able to return to pre-injury form has been Julian Peterson.
                      I would argue that Peterson actually lost a step from that injury. He's still a very good athlete, but not quite as good as he was prior to the injury.

Comment

He is near the quality where he was before the injury. Of all the pro-bowl players to undergo Achilles repair, Peterson is the only one that I know of who has bounced back to the point of putting up pro bowl-caliber numbers.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          He is near the quality where he was before the injury. Of all the pro-bowl players to undergo Achilles repair, Peterson is the only one that I know of who has bounced back to the point of putting up pro bowl-caliber numbers.
                          I would agree with that. People underrate what serious injuries like that can do to a player because it seems like a lot of guys bounce back. But look at guys like McGahee who seemingly bounced back but still aren't the type of athletes they were pre-injury.

Comment

Cedric Benson.

sig by VLS
                            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                            I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                              Offense:
                              Lee Evans, J.P Losman, and Kevin Everrett

Defense:
                              Keith ellison, Angelo Crowell
                              Everett breaking out. Now there would be a miracle

I'd say Crowell or Whitner for defense
                              Offense is tough. I'd say it would pretty much be between JP and Lynch at this point. Noone else is used enough besides Evans, and I really don't know who to look at for a breakthrough. If given the oppurtunity I'd take a chance on Cieslak, but its cluttered there. Noone really has shown that they are ready to take the next step. Roscoe could be the best option as he was limited in the passing game last year and hurt for a while, but there are reasons why he's limited in the regular offense.

Comment

Chicago Bears:

Offense: Cedric Benson -- He's got all the talent in the world to be a very good back and now that he's the man, I think he has a breakout year. If he stays healthy I see easily a 1200 yard season, probably more than that.

Devin Hester -- Stat wise maybe not but his presense on the field is going to cause defense fits.

Rex Grossman -- Maybe not a "breakout" season but he'll be more consistent, his TD's will go up and his INT's will go down. And he'll eliminate his really bad games.

Defense:

Hmmm Jamar Williams maybe -- If Lance doens't come back in time for the regular season, I can see Jamar having a very solid year.

Our defense has already established players so there's really not a lot of room for a "breakout" year for anyone.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information