No announcement yet.

Which teams are worse off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont really think that Buffalo is much worse off. Yes, they lost some starters, but they also did a good job of plugging holes via the draft, bringing in Lynch in place of McGahee, and Posluszny in place of Fletcher. They're going to be counting on some young players to step up and play larger roles this season, such as Keith Ellison (who played very well last season in place of an injured Spikes) in place of Takeo Spikes, and Ashton Youboty (who was highly touted before the '06 draft) in place of Nate Clements. They also improved the offensive line through free agency. So, the Bills definately got a lot younger, but I think they did a good job of not overpaying for aging veterans, and bringing in solid young talent to build around. Seems to me to be a "one step back, two steps forward" kind of situation.

Comment

Miami. Horrible draft. No QB. Lousy offensive line.

Comment

The Colts will have the toughest time matching their end results of a year ago. Repeating is difficult enough, but that team lost a great deal of a defense that is shaky to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Donnie Edwards is about the only player of real note there and he's way past his prime.

Alphonso Boone...umm......

I know the Chiefs defense didn't have much to improve on but still....the losses on the offensive line easily offset what has been "gained" on defense.
          Does it really matter if Edwards is the only one to note? Plus, even if he is past his prime he still had 141 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 3 interceptions, and 2 forced fumbles last year. I will take that any day.

Napoleon Harris is a huge improvement at middle linebacker. Is he Urlacher? No. But he is a huge improvement over Kawika Mitchell who is horrible in the tampa 2.

Demarcus Tyler and Turk McBride are going to bring much needed depth and energy to our defensive line. Alphonso Boone isn't a star but he is quality depth.

And Page and Pollard are going to make a big difference. Jarrad Page is 220+ pounds yet he is quick enough to play cornerback in the tampa 2.

The losses on the offensive line do not offset the gains on defense. John Welbourn will fill in just fine for Will Shields who's play had declined the past two years. Shields gave up 6 sacks last year. Also, we upgraded at left tackle. Damion McIntosh isn't a flashy or great player but he is most certainly an upgrade over I-65 Jordan Black.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            Why the Eagles?

Titans (Pac-Man, VY Madden cover boy etc...)
            Giants (Sorry but Brandon Jacobs is no Tiki Barber, and breaking in a new LT isn't easy...and I don't think Manning can handle the added pressure)
            Chiefs (411 carries...LJ will break down this year)
            I love it when people say LJ will break down.

How wrong you are.

Comment

Titans and Packers: Key personnel lost, plus lousy drafting.
              Atlanta: The Joey Harrington era would have the Falcons going to the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                I love it when people say LJ will break down.

How wrong you are.
                there was this story on NFL.com a while back (before the draft) that showed that 400+ carries usually results in the back breaking down. I just can't find it right now, help anyone?

Anyways I think the titans are in trouble this year... Giants are in bad shape with their losses at RB and LT... And I'm not sure the Seahawks are in much better shape either, but that's just me speculating.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                  there was this story on NFL.com a while back (before the draft) that showed that 400+ carries usually results in the back breaking down. I just can't find it right now, help anyone?

Anyways I think the titans are in trouble this year... Giants are in bad shape with their losses at RB and LT... And I'm not sure the Seahawks are in much better shape either, but that's just me speculating.
                  I'll admit i'm a bit worried about our left side, but there have been rumors of us trading for Schaffer from Cleveland. Not much of an upgrade, but at least we'll get to keep Deihl at LG, a position he plays very well, and have a true LT. If we don't make that move, i'll be a bit worried. Guy Whimper has been splitting time with Deihl on the first team at LT. He is very young, very athletic but still a bit raw. Probably not much of a downgrade over Petitgout.

As for RB, i'm not really worried one bit. Brandon Jacobs at 6'4" 260 pounds with 4.4 speed will be a nightmare for defenses as a starter. Rueben Droughns, his backup, will help him with his blocking and running style. Our #3 RB will be Ahmad Bradshaw, who is being called the steal of the draft. He absolutely amazed everyone with his speed, and cutback ability so far. I know it's early, but we have plenty to be optimistic about at the RB position.

Comment

u cant say the bills, we got a HB that will actually try, can catch, and hit the whole,
                    we signed Derrick Dockery, and Langston walker.
                    we got rid of Fletcher-baker b/c he doesnt fit our D, he doesnt attack the los got rid of spikes, who also is too slow and injury prone now..
                    and Clements....way overpaid...the only person id want back, but not for 80million.
                    We have Ashton youboty, a first round projection last year to replace clements

Comment

4.4 speed? seriously? maybe 4.55 on a good day. he's a load at the goal line that's for sure, but add on 250-300 carries in a season and then get back to me.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                      Titty sprinkles

Comment

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                        4.4 speed? seriously? maybe 4.55 on a good day. he's a load at the goal line that's for sure, but add on 250-300 carries in a season and then get back to me.
                        He ran a 4.5 at a pre-draft workout, you're right (could have sworn I heard 4.4 before). He's fast for a guy his size nonetheless. I'm not really worried about 250-300 carries for a 260 pound guy. He'll get spelled by Bradshaw and Droughns, two decent backups. I'm not worried one bit.

Comment

None of the Giants RBs are close to the receiver that Tiki was though. Eli looked shaky enough with that safety valve in place last season, he's going to need to take a huge step forward to keep the Giants from moving backward.

Comment

Here's my list:

Miami - No QB, No Saban = 1st pick in the draft.

Green Bay - Without a 1000yd rusher to take the pressure off Favre, it is going to be a long season.

Kansas City - Defense will be improved but offensive line is weaker, QB is a huge question mark and WR's are nothing special.

Oakland - Rookie QB's rarely are good their 1st season, Kiffin is a huge question mark = a write-off season.

Detroit - Kitna will lead a very strong offense but ah those interceptions and turnovers, the defense will be the worst in the NFL.

Pittsburgh Steelers - are switching to a 4-3 defense but really lack the personal to make it work next season.

Baltimore Ravens - McNair hasn't been healthy 2 seasons in a row for a long time, age and injuries could really send this team into a tailspin.

San Diego Chargers - Team paniced and fired Shotty and hired (UGH) Norv Turner to replace him, SAD end to a team that looked capable of winning the Super Bowl.

Dallas - New HC will have to deal with aging offense, TO and a huge question mark at QB. Can Romo continue to be solid or is he a one year wonder???

New York Giants - Should have fired HC whose style of play doesn't suit Eli. He lost the team and with the personnel loses, another rebuilding year.
                            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

It's not like there have been 20 different runningbacks who have broken down after 400+ carries. There are only a few who even have that many carries.

Who cares what the other runningbacks did. That doesn't mean Larry Johnson is going to breakdown.

What about a runningback who has about 350 or 360 carries in a season and then that team makes the playoffs. If they were to play 3 or 4 playoff games you could add another 80 or 90 carries to that runningback. That would be well over 400 carries. Nobody is saying those guys are going to breakdown.

400 is just a number and that's it. There is no reason to think LJ is going to breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                                It's not like there have been 20 different runningbacks who have broken down after 400+ carries. There are only a few who even have that many carries.

Who cares what the other runningbacks did. That doesn't mean Larry Johnson is going to breakdown.

What about a runningback who has about 350 or 360 carries in a season and then that team makes the playoffs. If they were to play 3 or 4 playoff games you could add another 80 or 90 carries to that runningback. That would be well over 400 carries. Nobody is saying those guys are going to breakdown.

400 is just a number and that's it. There is no reason to think LJ is going to breakdown.

I'm not personally saying he will, this year, but combined with his bruising running style and large amount of carries, its very wishful thinking to assume he'll be the same guy in two or three years, which would have him breaking down earlier then most backs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information