Which teams are worse off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
    But they also had Donovan instead of Eli as a QB.

The problem with the Giants is Eli. Without teams fearing Tiki, Eli will suffer again this year.

Eli Manning is now, and will be, a 75-80 passer rating QB who suffers from inaccuracy (i.e. below 60% completion) and less than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. That's Eli.
    Why is a qb not allowed to progress at all? Take a look at some of the other great qbs that came into the league and played their first two full seasons. Their numbers blow! Plus 2/3 playoff appearances, alot of throwing attempts, even with a pro bowl RB, more Tds then Ints, two years in a row, and lots of yards, for his TWO FULL seasons, is pretty damn good. I find it comical how people expect some sick numebers right off the bat. Not only that we had a tool of an offensive coordinator, who got fired towards the end of the season with games to go. So he accomplished all that with him.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
      Well Im a pessimistic person so I can't think that way, but hopefully your right.
      Optimits are nothing but poorly informed pessimists.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I can't see anyway you can make the Steelers sound better coming into this season than they were last year. We will have a new coach, our best lineman is going to holdout, the loss of Joey Porter, and no big additions in the offseason.

The only things that look better are our QB, WR, RB, and P. Ben is healthy, Holmes will be the starter, Duce isn't on the roster and Gardocki was cut.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
          Why is a qb not allowed to progress at all? Take a look at some of the other great qbs that came into the league and played their first two full seasons. Their numbers blow! Plus 2/3 playoff appearances, alot of throwing attempts, even with a pro bowl RB, more Tds then Ints, two years in a row, and lots of yards, for his TWO FULL seasons, is pretty damn good. I find it comical how people expect some sick numebers right off the bat. Not only that we had a tool of an offensive coordinator, who got fired towards the end of the season with games to go. So he accomplished all that with him.
          K easy on those two playoff appearances. He's still 0/2, and they've gotten there on the strength of Tiki Barber. And sometimes he looks like he's legitimately good, then he goes ahead and screws it up by making a dumb throw. When analysts are saying you're supposed to be better than your HOF-to-be brother, I expect numbers right away. Considering he came into a much better situation than his brother, yes, I do expect a lot early.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            K easy on those two playoff appearances. He's still 0/2, and they've gotten there on the strength of Tiki Barber. And sometimes he looks like he's legitimately good, then he goes ahead and screws it up by making a dumb throw. When analysts are saying you're supposed to be better than your HOF-to-be brother, I expect numbers right away. Considering he came into a much better situation than his brother, yes, I do expect a lot early.
            Yeah o/2, in his first two spots.. Sometimes qbs can't even make the playoffs in their first two full seasons. Actually while Tiki was good for us, we still threw the ball ranking up there in attempts in the NFL. SO it def. was balanced from that standpoint.

Analysts, lol, I don't really care what they say, good or bad actually. Never was one to take another's opinion to heart, unless I personally did my hw on the player. I would actually take a die hard fans opinion, who sleeps and breathes his team's advice over the analysts. But that's just me.

Came into a much better situation? Are you sure about that? You know we were 4-12? Also, our oline was garbage, and Tiki was a fumbler then. It was Coughlin who fixed it up and made him the good player that he was. So I disagree about that one.

But I do agree with you that he flashes good things, and makes dumb throws that I agree with. But this whole thing that he is doing bad things, and stuff like that is the thing I find inaccurate. Yeah sometimes I get annoyed at what he does, but overall I am happy with his first two full seasons, and I find that there is alot of room for improvement.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information