Prooving a point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace
    It's a stupid question to ask if you want Torry Holt on your team. Of course you would. I would take him over any of our WR's any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    No it's not. My two teams would definitely not want Tory Holt.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
      Originally posted by Ace
      It's a stupid question to ask if you want Torry Holt on your team. Of course you would. I would take him over any of our WR's any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
      Bull. The question asked, the way I interpreted it is "If Torry Holt came up to you and asked you if he could play for your team, would you want him?" It would be stupid to say no to that. He isn't TO. You're telling me you wouldn't rather have Holt over Bryant Johnson(just for the now, and Johnson can be deadly and allow them to run 4 wide alot) or Ricky Proehl? I call BS.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
        Originally posted by Ace
        Bull. The question asked, the way I interpreted it is "If Torry Holt came up to you and asked you if he could play for your team, would you want him?" It would be stupid to say no to that. He isn't TO. You're telling me you wouldn't rather have Holt over Bryant Johnson(just for the now, and Johnson can be deadly and allow them to run 4 wide alot) or Ricky Proehl? I call BS.
        He would cost way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
          Originally posted by Ace
          He would cost way too much.
          I figured the point of the thread was if you ignored cost, and it didn't cost you any players/money, etc.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

If you're ignoring cost, any team in the history of football would take him, even if you're receivers were Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison and Terrell Owens.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan
              Nope, I want to trade him for a Playmaker not a route runner.
              :roll:

Anyone who has Torry Holt on his team and doesn't want him needs to have his head examined, IMO. It's as simple as that.

Comment

I'd kill to have Torry Holt on the Jaguars, and I'd trade a top three draft pick in this year's draft to have him. I wouldn't really want CJ on the Jaguars anyways. I'm tired of oversized receivers who have trouble getting separation. I want a crafty route runner who can stretch the field as well, and that's exactly what Holt is.

Comment

Tory Big game dot the i Holt is the man. Moss and Porter for Big Game seems fair.

Comment

Just for Hawkeye Fan, No - 8

wow

Comment

If you're ignoring cost, any team in the history of football would take him, even if you're receivers were Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison and Terrell Owens.
                      That is the point. Hawkeye fan doesn't even want him on his team because he is "soft" because he goes down instead of getting hit. Marvin Harrison does the same thing.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Joe Horn for Holt straight up.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

You Rams fans are spoiled, I hope you know that. Our last good Wide Receiver was Terrence Mathis! :roll:

Comment

Yes

Yes

Yes

H*ll yes

our current WR's are Troy Dropsinson, Billy McMullen, Travis Taylor, and Marcus Robinson...I think I've said enough.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                              That is the point. Hawkeye fan doesn't even want him on his team because he is "soft" because he goes down instead of getting hit. Marvin Harrison does the same thing.
                              Jerry Rice did it, too. A lot.

And you know what? Marshall Faulk and L.T. ran/run out of bounds a lot to protect themselves from taking unnecessary hits. Does that make them soft, too?

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                                Exactly.

Torry Holt = Marvin Harrison.

Holt doesn't exactly have the team or the QB that Harrison has, but is virtually the same player.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                                I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information