Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Luis Castillo the best 3-4 DE in the league?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10
    Originally posted by MA40
    didnt he get suspended for roids?
    He didn't get suspended since it was before he was drafted. However he did test positive. He admitted using claiming it was to heal an injury faster so he could compete at the combine etc. Because of it I believe he entered the NFL already in their substance abuse program.
    so therefor i dont think he's the best, Seymour is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
      didnt he get suspended for roids?
      He didn't get suspended since it was before he was drafted. However he did test positive. He admitted using claiming it was to heal an injury faster so he could compete at the combine etc. Because of it I believe he entered the NFL already in their substance abuse program.
      so therefor i dont think he's the best, Seymour is.
      Whatever, the guy has a clause in his contract forfeiting all his money if he ever tests positive again.

Comment

He tested positive for Andro which is known to help heal muscles. It's not like he was taking straight up anabolic steroids. Andro is what McGwire took though, so it's still not good.

As for the argument, Castillo is having a great season, and he is a great player, but watching Seymour at least twice a year I can tell you he is a great player, and still the best 3-4 DE. Wilfork is a great player but it is so hard to run at Seymour. He is so good against the run but still gets a good push in the passing game.

Also, I've always been impressed with Cesaire's pass rushing ability. I seem him almost always go in in passing situations and he consistently gets pressure up the middle.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

I had him behind Aaron Smith at the begining of the year and he's definately passed him but he's still behind Seymour in my book. I need to see more than one season like this to say he is better than a guy like Seymour that has put alot of years in.

He is definately atleast #2.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal
            I had him behind Aaron Smith at the begining of the year and he's definately passed him but he's still behind Seymour in my book. I need to see more than one season like this to say he is better than a guy like Seymour that has put alot of years in.

He is definately atleast #2.
            It's sad that no one really credits Aaron Smith.. Keisel is looking Pretty good.. the guy has what..

50 tackles and 6 sacks?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

74 tackles 6.5 sacks - Ty Warren

Seymour isnt having a better year than Warren this season..

Seymour is arguably the best DL in league when healthy and u know this..Warren is underrated but having a GREAT year.

not saying Castillo sucks or anything but i dont think u can compare him to Seymour yet

and in a 3-4 you dont measure a DE by his sacks FYI

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6
                74 tackles 6.5 sacks - Ty Warren

Seymour isnt having a better year than Warren this season..

Seymour is arguably the best DL in league when healthy and u know this..Warren is underrated but having a GREAT year.

not saying Castillo sucks or anything but i dont think u can compare him to Seymour yet

and in a 3-4 you dont measure a DE by his sacks FYI
                It's not the only criteria, but it certainly comes into the equation. If one guy is equally as good at stopping the run as another, but can rush the passer as well, it makes him a more valuable player.

Comment

Richard Seymour, end of story

Comment

Nope.

Not as much talent as Seymour.

Not as good technique as Warren.

Comment

castillo is good in his own right, but i dont think that he is at seymour's level. i think that the only reason he has better stats is because the offense also has to account for the rest of the great defense whereas seymour isnt part of a great defense

Comment

Originally posted by rainbeaukid2
                        castillo is good in his own right, but i dont think that he is at seymour's level. i think that the only reason he has better stats is because the offense also has to account for the rest of the great defense whereas seymour isnt part of a great defense
                        Yes he is.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbeaukid2
                          :shock: Seymour's DL is just as talented as the Chargers, and Vrabel and Colvin are studs, and Bruschis is still solid. Chargers front 7 is better, but Seymour has players around him.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information