Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second year Quarterbacks: what do you expect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reese View Post
    wtf? thats 1 half of the best game he played in his life probley...like i said i watched him play for 4 years...post all the highlight tapes u can find...what does that show? nuthin...he played for 4 years of course he is gonna have highlights...that in no way shows he is gonna be good in the nfl
    Never said he was gonna be good in the NFL, but I think he will. I said that he went long multiple times in that vid, so whatever ur analysis about him not going long is dead wrong. Also, I stated you can't say he's not gonna be good after one year. A crap load of QB's sucked in their first playing year, but lit it up after that.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
      Never said he was gonna be good in the NFL, but I think he will. I said that he went long multiple times in that vid, so whatever ur analysis about him not going long is dead wrong. Also, I stated you can't say he's not gonna be good after one year. A crap load of QB's sucked in their first playing year, but lit it up after that.
      did u watch him play in college or did u just watch that video? u cant post half of a game as proof that he didnt throw long while he was in college...and u keep referring to him having only played 1 year in the nfl and i cant base an opinion off that...well u go back and read all my post and show even 1 time were i said anything at all about what he has done in the nfl...i didnt ill just go ahead and tell u....i didnt base anything i said off what he did last year so i dont kno where u got that from...and just for kicks lets say i had based my opinion off 1 year...the thread topic asked about 2nd year qbs so why get mad when u someone uses there 1st year to help make an opinion...not that i did that im just sayin

Comment

Philip Rivers - He has a good head on his shoulders and as good a supporting cast as anyone in the league. I didn't think that Norv Turner was a particularly good hire, but he sure isn't known for hurting young quarterbacks. I expect much the same of what we got last year, with maybe a minor statistical falloff.

Vince Young - He's going to do exactly what he did last year, only with less wins. His passing is going to be erratic again and he going to show flashes of brilliance both with his arm and his legs. He is going to have a tremendously rough season though.

Jay Cutler - Will make the fans forget Jake Plummer if he hasn't already done that. Has the tools, will use them, and will likely end up with more highlight plays that consistent top notch performance.

Tony Romo - I don't really know what to expect from that offense in general, much less from Romo. I really don't think he is as good as he led some to believe last year, but, by the same token, I don't think I can say he didn't look like an NFL starter last year. He still has Owens and should have an average rushing attack.

Matt Leinart - I'm not sure I really see what the Cardinals did to improve their line this year, much like last year. Levi Brown is still a bit raw, and even he doesn't add much to the run blocking department. Leinart had a pretty mediocre year while dumping the ball off the Edge 30+ times a game, and if Edge can't handle that workload again, Leinart is going to have some problems. He'll have his moments, but he'll struggle often.

Tarvaris Jackson - I think he'll make enough plays to stay in the good graces of fans, considering his teams piss poor situation. Won't have the numbers, obviously, but I think he'll make some fans reasonably happy they went with Peterson over Quinn.

Jason Campbell - I'm fairly confident the Redskins won't make that jump this year, but Campbell will be impressive. He has all the tools and made pretty good decisions late last season. They have enough on offense for his numbers to be decent.

Matt Schaub - If this kid is destined to be the next Favre, I don't think we'll know it by the end of the 2007 season. His offensive line remains a major concern, his rushing attack hinges on the health of Ahman Green, and he lacks a real receiving option past Andre Johnson. He is going to struggle, no doubt in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          Giants fans don't know how to put into prospective..PROGRESSION. Alex Smith showed alot of progression, JP Losman progression, Eli Manning with thoseweapons has shown very little progression. Alex Smith was drafted with the fact that he wasgoing to be a 2-4 years project before he hits his stides as a capable NFL starter. Same goes with JP.

Brodie Croyle will either be terrible or awesome. Not much of a project guy, but Huard will be mediocre or good not terrible. So Chiefs looking OK yet unstable.
          yea well my grandma could do better then 1 TD, 11 INTs....

Idk where your getting these "weapons" eli supposedly had last year... he had Plaxico Burress and an injured Shockey to go with a terrible defense.

JP Losman had Lee Evans (who's better then Plax), Eric Moulds (similar player to Amani toomer) which isnt exactly bad receivers.

You guys just dont know anything about the Buffalo Bills at all cause ESPN doesnt mention them.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarey20 View Post
            Jay Cutler - I feel he will have the top season of all sophomore quarterbacks. I think he's gonna light it up stat wise and win wise. I think he will show everyone that he is the top quarterback from the 2006 class, slightly ahead of VY.

Vince Young - I think he will have another great season, despite not getting much help through the draft and free agency. He will do alot of the same things he did last year, and will improve his passing. I think he will be a pro bowl caliber player along with Jay.

Matt Leinart - I see a good year for Matt, just not as impressive as Cutler and Vince. Alot of his success depends on Edgerrin James and the pass blocking of the offensive line. Again, solid year, but not spectacular. I think he'll put himself in the top 15 quarterbacks in the league.

Tarvaris Jackson - I think Jackson will show that he is not a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL. Although there is talent at receiver, there is also alot of youth and uncertainty at that spot. I think it could hurt. I just see alot of struggles for him, and I think he will show that he was overdrafted. He could be replaced by the middle of the year and I think the Vikes will be looking for a new quarterback in 2008.

Jason Campbell - I feel that Campbell will be serviceable, but not as good as Redskin fans may be hoping for. I think we will look back, and his touchdown total and interception total will be very close. At the end of the year, I think the Skins quarterback situation will be similar to the Rex Grossman situation in Chicago. Like Grossman, I think Campbell will show flashes, but will make a decent amount of mistakes as well, and this will make the fans and front office wonder about his future.

Philip Rivers - I think Rivers' 2007 season will be much like his 2006 season, and that's not bad, because he led his team to a great record, and I think he put himself as a top 10 QB.

Just my opinion.
            My thoughts exactly. +Rep.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post

Idk where your getting these "weapons" eli supposedly had last year... he had Plaxico Burress and an injured Shockey to go with a terrible defense.

JP Losman had Lee Evans (who's better then Plax), Eric Moulds (similar player to Amani toomer) which isnt exactly bad receivers.

You guys just dont know anything about the Buffalo Bills at all cause ESPN doesnt mention them.
              He had no weapons and no line his first year. Granted, it was a terrible season but I highly doubt any rookie quarterback could be better with what he had.

Tiki Barber? Ever heard of him?

Evans is better than Plax but he doesn't have the line and Moulds left last season.

That last sentence is completely moronic. ESPN has no impact on what we know about the Bills. We can look up the numbers whenever we want.

Comment

Okay first off Eric Moulds went to Texas last season so... Then Lee Evans is about on par with Plax, but they're two totally different recievers. Plax is a big posession reciever while Evans is a small, speedy, home-run threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post

Tiki Barber? Ever heard of him?
                  Tiki Barber didnt really help the passing game nearly as much as you would think.

Comment

Tiki Barber didnt really help the passing game nearly as much as you would think.
                    Do you have any concept of football? By having Barber out there, defenses would go to run stopping formations and then by having Manning play action Barber that would leave a receiver in worse coverage. Not only that but he had at least 52 receptions all of Eli Manning's years.

Comment

Didn't he have like 60% of your total offense?

Yeah... he didn't help -.-

Comment

obviously GRF missed the Sportscenter that explained that Mould signed w/ the Texans last year... No Weapons? Plax, Shockey, Barber, Toomer through week 9... Seems like he had some weapons to me. By the way your Me-Mah would get nuts to butt raped in the NFL and would not get 1 TD in the nfl.

Comment

...Everyone forgets about Charlie Frye...

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                            obviously GRF missed the Sportscenter that explained that Mould signed w/ the Texans last year... No Weapons? Plax, Shockey, Barber, Toomer through week 9... Seems like he had some weapons to me. By the way your Me-Mah would get nuts to butt raped in the NFL and would not get 1 TD in the nfl.

Yea and he also had a top 10 highest QB rating through week 9.....

And as for Tiki, teams didnt play to stop the run. we never went up against 8 in the box because teams respected the passing game too much

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              Matt Leinart - I'm not sure I really see what the Cardinals did to improve their line this year, much like last year. Levi Brown is still a bit raw, and even he doesn't add much to the run blocking department. Leinart had a pretty mediocre year while dumping the ball off the Edge 30+ times a game, and if Edge can't handle that workload again, Leinart is going to have some problems. He'll have his moments, but he'll struggle often.
                              With the addition of Russ Grimm their Oline could be much improved.They have some talent on their Oline such as Levi Brown and Lutui.Id have to say their Oline should be much improved from last year.Not to mention Leinart has Boldin, Fitzgerald,Edge,Pope and Patrick.
                              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I actually really like Jason Campbell, I believe the Redskins with Campbell starting will surprise a few people this season. He didnít get a lot of attention last season due to Young, Cutler and Leinart but Campbell played well. I think he could become a very good starter in this league for a long time.
                                Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information