Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second year Quarterbacks: what do you expect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Second year Quarterbacks: what do you expect?

    I just wondering what you thought about these guys and how they will do this season. I am counting this on # of seasons they played, not the year drafted

    Tarvaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Matt Schuab

    Philip Rivers- I think that he is going to have some difficulty and has been extremely overrated by a lot of people. Not saying he's terrible, but now that Defenses know what to expect, he's going to have some troubles (like the end of last year).

    Vince Young- man, this guy had it rough. His team had probably the worst off season in the league. I think he will do ok, but he has zero supporting cast.

    Jay Cutler- I think he will have a very solid season.

    Tony Romo- I dont know. I think he should be ok, provided he isnt mentally scarred from the snap

    Matt Leinart- He should be pretty good. Certainly has the weapons on that offense.

    Tarvaris Jackson- no recievers, marginal QB, doubt he finishes the season as a starter

    Jason Campbell- Should be improved over last year, but will still have some struggles

    Matt Schaub- I doubt he does very good. That offense just isn't very good

    thanks!

  • #2
    Originally posted by BPSL-Baller View Post
    Tarvaris Jackson- no recievers, marginal QB, doubt he finishes the season as a starter
    He will finish the season as the starter mainly because we have no one else to be a legit starter in this league. We cant really tell what there is to come about Tarvaris yet because he has played 2 games and 1 didnt mean anything and the other was in Green bay(Probably the toughest place for a Viking to Start his first game). Sidney Rice and Adrian Peterson will bring him an Offense.



    Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

    Comment


    • #3
      Nevermind, just read this wrong.

      I don't agree with you about Schaub. I actually think he will be a consistent QB and bring out the beast in Andre Johnson. If Ahman Green can stay healthy and play, I think they will have a pretty good offense. Granted, their O-Line really has to pick it up.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BPSL-Baller View Post
        I just wondering what you thought about these guys and how they will do this season. I am counting this on # of seasons they played, not the year drafted

        Tarvaris Jackson, Jason Campbell, Matt Schuab

        Philip Rivers- I think that he is going to have some difficulty and has been extremely overrated by a lot of people. Not saying he's terrible, but now that Defenses know what to expect, he's going to have some troubles (like the end of last year).
        Vince Young- man, this guy had it rough. His team had probably the worst off season in the league. I think he will do ok, but he has zero supporting cast.

        Jay Cutler- I think he will have a very solid season.

        Tony Romo- I dont know. I think he should be ok, provided he isnt mentally scarred from the snap

        Matt Leinart- He should be pretty good. Certainly has the weapons on that offense.

        Tarvaris Jackson- no recievers, marginal QB, doubt he finishes the season as a starter

        Jason Campbell- Should be improved over last year, but will still have some struggles

        Matt Schaub- I doubt he does very good. That offense just isn't very good

        thanks!
        One reason he dropped off last year was because of injuries to his wide receivers. It was also his first season so the length probably took a lot out of him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Phillip Rivers will have Norvell Turdner, enough said.

          Comment


          • #6
            Philip Rivers - with norv turner taking over as his HC, if nothing else, he has an AMAZING QB coach. i expect him to continue to improve and it wouldnt surprise me to see him playing at a top five QB level.

            Vince Young - i think he will take a step backwards if for no other reason then he lost his top two receivers and his RB. i have faith in brandon jones as a starter and i think getting troupe back healthy will be good but i have no faith in the other WRs or the RBs.

            Jay Cutler - i expect him to also have a great year. adding henry behind him will only help as he will have an even stronger running game.

            Tony Romo - garbage. i honestly believe he is going to flop and take the cowboys down with him. he has a good supporting cast but i just dont think he is very good. teams have had all off-season to look over tape of him and i expect defenses to tear him apart.

            Matt Leinart - with an improved offensive line and a dedication to the running game in addition to his amazing receiving core, i expect leinart to continue to improve on his numbers from last year and possibly take this team to the playoffs...

            Tarvaris Jackson - i think he will be very average. he has a decent o-line and AD will definitely help keep chester taylor fresh as he wore down last season but unless troy williamson figures out how to catch and sidney rice can impact as a rookie despite being raw, i dont think he will be anything special this year.

            Jason Campbell - has a decent receiving core and a good running game. i expect him to be better than last year but i dont think he is a very good QB anyway. average at best.

            Matt Schaub - im not really sure about this guy. that o-line is still suspect and outside of andre johnson he doesnt have any weapons. i never got to see his game tape when he was with atlanta either so i have no solid evaluation for him. based on being a first time starter and the weapons he has, i dont think he will do much better than carr last year, if at all.

            Cleo Lemon - at the rate the dolphins are going, he could very well be the opening day starter since culpepper is still not healthy and peterson is going to hold onto green until the day before the season starts. i think lemon could put up some decent numbers for miami. he knows the offense already and performed well last year when he got the chance to play. with an improved offensive line (i hope) and more weapons, he could put up pretty good numbers.

            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • #7
              After what Norv Turner did w/ Alex Smith, Rivers should put up even better numbers
              I think Campbell will suprise everyone. He has a great WR core and two RB's who can start. And if the Oline stays healthy he's fine



              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                Phillip Rivers will have Norvell Turdner, enough said.

                Yeah, can't mess up if he has an offense in place. River's numbers should go up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  How can Matt Schaub be a 2nd year QB? He hasn't even started even half of a season yet so I don't think he qualifies.
                  Is that a rash?



                  Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                    How can Matt Schaub be a 2nd year QB? He hasn't even started even half of a season yet so I don't think he qualifies.
                    Great point, lets talk about him next year



                    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      After what Norv Turner did w/ Alex Smith, Rivers should put up even better numbers
                      I think Campbell will suprise everyone. He has a great WR core and two RB's who can start. And if the Oline stays healthy he's fine


                      Alex Smith is very mediocre.

                      First NFL season he threw 1 TD and 11 INTs and a 40 QB rating.

                      Second season he threw 16 TDs, 16 INTs and was pretty mediocre.


                      not exactly something to be raving about....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        this coming from a guy w/ Eli in his sig...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                          Alex Smith is very mediocre.

                          First NFL season he threw 1 TD and 11 INTs and a 40 QB rating.

                          Second season he threw 16 TDs, 16 INTs and was pretty mediocre.


                          not exactly something to be raving about....
                          From a stats perspective, yes he has looked mediocre and that cannot be denied. But if you watch him play and then throw the scenarios out there (not having a consistent running game in 2005, having Bryan Gilmore as a #2 for part of season, VD being out with the broken fibia) and how he is coming from a non pro styled offense in CFB, then I think we can bypass him for now.
                          Is that a rash?



                          Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i thnk rivers will have a great year...i remember watchin him play in a bowl game his freshman year in college i thnk...ive liked him every since...i thnk he is gonna be 1 of the best in the nfl for years to come.

                            vince young...its hard to tell...i mean common sense wants to say that he will have a down year..he has no help but its hard to bet against him...i kno thet titans won some games last year despite him not doing anything but the guy is a winner so i say toss up

                            jay cutler....he is confident and has a great running game..he will be good

                            matt leinart...despite the fact that ive never been a fan of his...i dont think on 99% of the other nfl teams that he would be good at all but he has soo many weapons that he almost has to be good...plus he has a head coach that was able to win in with a qb in pitt that i also think isnt very good...so i guess he be ok

                            jason cambell will never be good

                            havent watched the rest of those guys enuf to say

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Jay Cutler - I feel he will have the top season of all sophomore quarterbacks. I think he's gonna light it up stat wise and win wise. I think he will show everyone that he is the top quarterback from the 2006 class, slightly ahead of VY.

                              Vince Young - I think he will have another great season, despite not getting much help through the draft and free agency. He will do alot of the same things he did last year, and will improve his passing. I think he will be a pro bowl caliber player along with Jay.

                              Matt Leinart - I see a good year for Matt, just not as impressive as Cutler and Vince. Alot of his success depends on Edgerrin James and the pass blocking of the offensive line. Again, solid year, but not spectacular. I think he'll put himself in the top 15 quarterbacks in the league.

                              Tarvaris Jackson - I think Jackson will show that he is not a starting caliber quarterback in the NFL. Although there is talent at receiver, there is also alot of youth and uncertainty at that spot. I think it could hurt. I just see alot of struggles for him, and I think he will show that he was overdrafted. He could be replaced by the middle of the year and I think the Vikes will be looking for a new quarterback in 2008.

                              Jason Campbell - I feel that Campbell will be serviceable, but not as good as Redskin fans may be hoping for. I think we will look back, and his touchdown total and interception total will be very close. At the end of the year, I think the Skins quarterback situation will be similar to the Rex Grossman situation in Chicago. Like Grossman, I think Campbell will show flashes, but will make a decent amount of mistakes as well, and this will make the fans and front office wonder about his future.

                              Philip Rivers - I think Rivers' 2007 season will be much like his 2006 season, and that's not bad, because he led his team to a great record, and I think he put himself as a top 10 QB.

                              Just my opinion.
                              Last edited by dcarey20; 06-01-2007, 04:31 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information