Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR.Z (SI) Gonzo not a HOF?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mailbag/2.html

Lingering HOF question from Sean of Chicago. Why did I leave Tony Gonzalez off my list? Because Todd Christensen, who can't get in, was better.

Stats

Todd Christensen - 461 receptions 5,874 yards and 52 TDs

Tony Gonzalez - 721 receptions 8,710 yards 61 TDs

???

Christensen did put up bigger seasons while he was playing, but he only had a 4 year span of real dominance, while Gonzalez has been consistently excellent for 8 years now.

Longevity has to play a factor in the HOF voting.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      Christensen did put up bigger seasons while he was playing, but he only had a 4 year span of real dominance, while Gonzalez has been consistently excellent for 8 years now.

Longevity has to play a factor in the HOF voting.
      i agree 100% i think longevity is very underrated...i think it should be more of a factor for entering the hall of fame

Comment

wow, i just lost even more respect for Dr. Z, he is an idiot

Comment

he is basically saying a guy that was top at his position for only a few years and put up great numbers should be a HOFer? While guys that are great for long periods of time but dont have as good of numbers in that span are not HOFers? he knows nothing

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
            well i will say this no homerism intended...if sharpe doesnt make it and gonzo does...then that is COMPLETE BS

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
              well i will say this no homerism intended...if sharpe doesnt make it and gonzo does...then that is COMPLETE BS
              They are both HOF's in my book.

Comment

While we are on that subject as much as I hate Denver I have to say they have been crapped on when it comes to HOF players getting in I believe Elway is the only one?

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  While we are on that subject as much as I hate Denver I have to say they have been crapped on when it comes to HOF players getting in I believe Elway is the only one?
                  yep

and agree BOTH are HOF players...but if sharpe doesnt get in and Gonzo does....

Comment

I don't see Sharpe not getting in stats plus rings he has to get in maybe not first ballot but he gets it. (I'm not saying he should not be first ballot just saying)

Comment

Dr. Z is a moron, I hate his damn sexy picks every year that are usually wrong.

Comment

I hate his logic, even if you think Todd was better its completely wrong to keep Gonzo off because Todd didn't get in. You shouldn't punish a player for a decision that he has no control over. If you think a player should get in vote for him.

For the Record I don't think Todd should have based on his lack of longevity and Gonzo should get in.
                        "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                          Yeah... I pretty much lost whatever amount of respect, if any, I had for him when he questioned, even doubted, Favre to the HOF. Honestly, how do you get so stupid.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
                            Well, by the time Gonzalez retires he should pass Sharpe in just about every statistical category in less time than it took Sharpe.

Comment

I guess Michael Irvin should not have gotten in then because Art Monk can't get in. At least, that is the logic Dr. Z is using.

What a tool.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information