No announcement yet.

Floyd Reese's take on Devin Hester's speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Bennett was faster than Hester coming out of college. Not sure how fast he is now though.

Comment

Either way, Reese was essentially equating Hester's speed with Mason's. Mason, in his prime, probably was in the high 4.48-4.52 range. He was an effective return man and receiver because he had a quick burst, was shifty and good at finding space to operate in. Hester is shifty too, but his top gear is much, much better.
      Check out my blog and website:
      www.4thand99.com

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
        Fabian Washington, Michael Vick, DeAngelo hall, Allen Rossum, Reggie Bush. That's 5.
        Jerome Mathis.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
          The 40 yard dash has to do with technique too. It's not all speed.
          Aint that the truth, a few former track coaches have made millions training footballers to run better over 40 yards.

Comment

Maybe some Miami fans can correct me, but wasn't Hester pretty much terrible at wideout for the Hurricanes? I know he wasn't at the position for long, but I heard some pretty bad things about him after making the switch from defense.

I don't know, I'd be surprised if he ever has more offensive impact than Dante Hall ever had.
            Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 06-03-2007, 05:50 AM.

Comment

He was pretty useless, he could possibly convert but it would take a godlike coach and if Chicago's other WRs are any indication they're not exactly the best coaches in that area.

Comment

Vick has been recorded as running a 4.25 Last I checked 4.25 was lower than 4.27 therefore faster...
                The 4.25 was at Virginia Tech. Add maybe .10 to it or more, and you would get a legit time.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  I don't know, I'd be surprised if he ever has more offensive impact than Daunte Hall ever had.
                  You must be absolutely stunned right now then. Hester's 2006 was superior to any season Dante Hall put together.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                  <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Actually he was referring to receiving...

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                      You must be absolutely stunned right now then. Hester's 2006 was superior to any season Dante Hall put together.
                      Offensive impact.

Comment

He was pretty useless, he could possibly convert but it would take a godlike coach and if Chicago's other WRs are any indication they're not exactly the best coaches in that area.
                        Injuries have been a much bigger problem for our WR's then coaching. That and inconsistency at the QB position. When our younger talent like Bradley and Berrian have been able to make it on the field they usually light it up. Id also attribute Moose to helping some of the youngins develop.

Also Hester has looked good in training camp from what I have heard. He's shown amazing hands and has taken a couple to the house against our D. Take it for what it is worth.

Comment

pfff receiving is for pussies, Boldin only catches the ball so he can legally run people over

go hester

Comment

While I know I risk coming off as fanboy hating Reese because he's no longer the Titans GM, is it just me or is the underlying theme of every article he writes a sales pitch for team owners next offseason for his GM services?

Is anyone else keeping up with his writings? I think just about everything so far has referred to the Titans and usually recent picks that haven't worked out so great yet, which he then subtly passes the blame on for or offers a more positive point of view than you'd expect - such as the Schobel, Odom and LaBoy picks a few years ago, which he considered successful because the combined production between the three is roughly on par with the production you'd expect from one highly picked DE.

Comment

When Hester was on offense he never really lined up much at WR. Most of the time he was at RB or FB and got a pitch or a swing pass out of the backfield. Something to get him in open space. I really think if the Bears would have stayed with it he could have developed into a good CB or even FS. He had 5 ints in spot duty on defense as a sophomore. He had a lot of injuries his junior year and played both offense and defense as well as every special team. He'll make some good plays here and there on offense, but I think it would have been much smarter to let him develop at CB.

As for the speed, Mike Vick? Really? Because he ran at Virginia Tech aka the fastest track in America?

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

one thing I wonder, as you see in Madden now, is that every year there's a number of guys who run 4.23 40-s for the draft (in franchise mode) right now that gives them 99 speed. If Hester is given 100, is it possible to actually draft guys with 100 speed as well, or can they make it so that only Hester gets that amount? That'd be sick though, a team full of 100 speed guys... SICK

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information