Floyd Reese's take on Devin Hester's speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
    When Hester was on offense he never really lined up much at WR. Most of the time he was at RB or FB and got a pitch or a swing pass out of the backfield. Something to get him in open space. I really think if the Bears would have stayed with it he could have developed into a good CB or even FS. He had 5 ints in spot duty on defense as a sophomore. He had a lot of injuries his junior year and played both offense and defense as well as every special team. He'll make some good plays here and there on offense, but I think it would have been much smarter to let him develop at CB.

As for the speed, Mike Vick? Really? Because he ran at Virginia Tech aka the fastest track in America?
    Little known fact, I ran a 4.5 at Virginia Tech.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Hester is actually very fast straight line..not the fastest in league but hes up there. Hes also 1 of the quickest players in NFL. and he has very good vision.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
        Jerome Mathis.
        Yamon Figurs

Comment

Hester's best attribute isn't his speed, it's his vision and ability to set up blocks. That's what seperates him from other returners. Just because your fast in the 40 doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to be at great and returning kicks.

Comment

Receiver takes a different skill set, you have to be more determined and a smart player. It isn't just a read and react position. Some can do both, others can't, like Hall.

Comment

Devin Hester runs about a 4.4 flat. He isn't top class straight away speed. He is all explosiveness. All those times you see him blowing past defenders is because they underestimate how fast his first few steps are.

He makes a cut, the defender tries to react, he accelerates to full speed and all the sudden it looks like he is running a 3.9 40. But in reality, he is running a 4.4 while the defenders are pivoting and just starting to run after him. Watch any of his highlight tapes, that is exactly what happens.

Madden giving him a 100 is a joke, goes to show how little they understand about football.

Comment

Originally posted by J52 View Post
                Devin Hester runs about a 4.4 flat. He isn't top class straight away speed. He is all explosiveness. All those times you see him blowing past defenders is because they underestimate how fast his first few steps are.

He makes a cut, the defender tries to react, he accelerates to full speed and all the sudden it looks like he is running a 3.9 40. But in reality, he is running a 4.4 while the defenders are pivoting and just starting to run after him. Watch any of his highlight tapes, that is exactly what happens.

Madden giving him a 100 is a joke, goes to show how little they understand about football.
                you time him over and over? who are u to say he runs a 4.4 flat when thats not accurate

hes done between 4.27 and 4.51 and supposivly, he had new shoes he never wore and said he nearly cried after that time

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                  Hester's best attribute isn't his speed, it's his vision and ability to set up blocks. That's what seperates him from other returners. Just because your fast in the 40 doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to be at great and returning kicks.
                  yeah but you can't really implement that into Madden, or any game for that matter, where speed DOES make a big difference.

I guess that's why EA decided this was necessary.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

madden ftw lol

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                      Yamon Figurs
                      i knew that was going to come out sometime soon.

if he can line up in the backfield like trung candidate (yeah, blast from the past...) did (which is the key word in this line of thinking)... and line up like Reggie Bush does to Brees left or right... and catch a few passes here and there... he can move, juke, then outrun one person. and sometimes, with decent blocking, that's all he'll ever need. hester already can get YAC, it's a proven fact, tackling? he has a nose for angles and beating pursuit and setting up blocks on a bears return team and offense that blocks pretty well (muhammad and bradley both got enough physicality to set decent blocks). and on a screen pass i would be very scared.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        Fabian Washington, Michael Vick, DeAngelo hall, Allen Rossum, Reggie Bush. That's 5.
                        Fabian might be the only one that could be hester in the 100 on that list
                        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

So? Prove it...

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                            Yamon Figurs
                            Ted Ginn as well.

Comment

Despite being fast, neither Bush nor Vick nor Rossum (now adays) are as fast as Hester.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by J52 View Post

I agree, for the most part. I think his speed is very fast, but not tops in the league. What makes him faster on the field than anyone in the league is his acceleration. He catches the ball and then by his second step, he's going full speed. I think his real speed is somewhere in the 4.35 range.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information