Overrated/Underrated Player on Each Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
    its fine..hes underrated but comparing him to the best 3-4 DE and possibly top 3 DE in general?

yes his stats were better last year but what about all the other years? Seymour is a multi time pro bowler..Keisel is not. Underrated ? yes. Same class as Seymour? No
    Keisel only has had 1 season starting. He's played the RDE, and he did damn well. I was merely stating, he's underrated. He's putting up similar #'s to Seymour and no one really knows him, I don't think I said Keisel is Better than Seymour, I merely stated he had better stats in his 1 season starting. I don't expect him to be Seymour level, considering Seymour was a 1st rounder and Keisel a 7th. Just stating that I think he's damn good and I agree he's underrated, though he shouldn't be.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
      Sapp had 47 tackles, 10 sacks

Kevin Williams had 36 tackles 5 sacks.

both are DTs..whos better off stats? Sapp

whos better off actual play? Williams..hes 1 of the best DTs in the league
      not really Sapp is still one of the best.Not to mention Sapp played with Tommy Kelly another UT next to him for the most part.A scheme he doesnt fit in and was still able to very well both in pass and run defense.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Pete Prisco, is useless but he's got a point.

Comment

Pretty much dead on for the Ravens, you could maybe argue who is the msot underrated Raven but no doubt that the most overrated Raven/NFL Player is Willis McGahee.
          HALL OF FAMER!
          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Chargers analysis looks pretty good....
            Olshansky is one of the better 3-4 DE's around, you could make an argument for Jammer as underrated, but I would say its more underappreciated then underrated.

As far as overrated I guess Rivers fits the bill the way he describes. I don't think he's overrated, but if people call him a top five QB. this early, then I would say he's overrated. A better example I think, honestly, would be Shane Olivea. He's the weakest part of the O-Line, and gets beat a lot, but still gets a lot of the credit that the rest of the O-Line gets.

Comment

For Houston it should be Schaub over Green. Schaub has started 2 games in his career and everyone thinks he will be a good QB. Green has rushed for over 1,000 yards 6 of the last 7 seasons with the one he didn't he was injured and played only 5 games. He also had a season that he put up 1,800+ yards and 15 TDs. He's not what he once was, but I wouldn't call him overated.

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                Stats do not make you a better player.
                Sorry, but they have alot to do with great players.

Sapp had 47 tackles, 10 sacks

Kevin Williams had 36 tackles 5 sacks.

both are DTs..whos better off stats? Sapp

whos better off actual play? Williams..hes 1 of the best DTs in the league
                Dude....Sapp is a potential HOFer...BAD example.

Comment

I don't know how anyone can take Pete Prisco seriously.. this is the same guy who last year said IAN SCOTT was the most underrated player in the entire league.. even went as far to say he was as good as Tommie Harris. The year before he said it was JAMES FRIGGIN HALL. This year he semi-redeemed himself by picking someone who is underrated.. but even then Warren got a fair amount of pub for a breakout season last year.

Just for laughs here are his 05 and 06 underrated/overrated lists just so everyone can see how god awful they are.

05 - http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8622837

06 - http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9542704

Comment

D.J. Hackett is so underrated that Pete Prisco described him as a "good special teams player" in his recent article about the 2004 draft....Hackett doesn't play special teams.
                    "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                      vince young, dont think hes overrated
                      ya hes Underrated if anything Vince YOUNG IS A BEast

Comment

I could agree Dallas Clark is very underrated.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                          Michael Vick - Overrated. How original.
                          And how painfully true.

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                          vince young, dont think hes overrated
                          Ehm... he went to a pro bowl he had no business being at, and if you'd see some of the stuff people write and say about him you'd think they're talking about a shoe-in first-ballot hall of fame type guy, not a rookie who's most probably going into a sophomore slump (and before you ask 'why?' look at the Titans depth chart at WR and RB)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I personally would have gone with Winfield as the underrated guy for the Vikings. He has actually gotten a lot of dues this offseason but is still very much owed more. He is a great cornerback. Sharper is without a doubt the overrated guy we have now. He just cant play in a cover 2 and looked lost and old last year. I hope he can turn it around, but he looked like a slow rookie last year, I think he is done.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

I agree with the niners. But DJax will bring leadership and is a vet so that will put him over Bryant.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

100% agree with the NYG ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information