No announcement yet.

DPOTY Debate; Bailey or Taylor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 tackles 9 ints..i would vote Bailey..hes shut down his half COMPLETLY. i saw Moss beat him once but out of like 6-7 Bronco games i've watched..Champ has been amazing

Comment

I think its closer than what people think between the two. Champ Bailey leads the league in interceptions and is tied for the lead in passes deflected. He is really has solidified himself as the best corner in the game and then some. The thing I really like about Champ Bailey is that he has taught a lot of things to other corners like Darrent Williams and Dominique Foxworth and Karl Paymah. If you watch a Bronco game or two, you can tell that Darrent Williams is learning a lot of things from Champ.

Jason Taylor, although 32 is having a career year. He has 13.5 sacks(4th in the league), 9 forced fumbles(1st in league), 2 INT's, 2 defensive TD's(tied for lead). He is the most versatile defensive lineman this year and has really stepped up for the Dolphins.

Jason Taylor wins it.

Comment

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
        I think its closer than what people think between the two. Champ Bailey leads the league in interceptions and is tied for the lead in passes deflected. He is really has solidified himself as the best corner in the game and then some. The thing I really like about Champ Bailey is that he has taught a lot of things to other corners like Darrent Williams and Dominique Foxworth and Karl Paymah. If you watch a Bronco game or two, you can tell that Darrent Williams is learning a lot of things from Champ.

Jason Taylor, although 32 is having a career year. He has 13.5 sacks(4th in the league), 9 forced fumbles(1st in league), 2 INT's, 2 defensive TD's(tied for lead). He is the most versatile defensive lineman this year and has really stepped up for the Dolphins.

Jason Taylor wins it.
        :? Like what? Darrent Williams is awful.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

i find it interesting that the arguments for taylor boil down to "he has some great stats and did some big things for his team". this is funny because you could literally, in every one of those statements, replace jason taylor with champ bailey and insert the relevant stats. i don't believe you can make any obvious distinction between the two.

Comment

The Dolphins are going to finish 6-10, that's reason enough for me to want to give the award to someone else, former Zip or not.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              The Dolphins are going to finish 6-10, that's reason enough for me to want to give the award to someone else, former Zip or not.

Sadly, the voters will likely do just that and vote for someone who is in the playoffs and doesn't deserve it as much as JT does.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace

Sadly, the voters will likely do just that and vote for someone who is in the playoffs and doesn't deserve it as much as JT does.
                says the dolphins fan... :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by elway777
                  Originally posted by Ace

I can play that game too. I can do the same because you think Champ deserves it more.

Say what you want, but JT deserves it more. Just like how you think Champ deserves it more. Both are great players, but every Phins game I saw JT was always making plays and he did it at a consistant basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                    Originally posted by Ace

I can play that game too. I can do the same because you think Champ deserves it more.

Say what you want, but JT deserves it more. Just like how you think Champ deserves it more. Both are great players, but every Phins game I saw JT was always making plays and he did it at a consistant basis.
                    Im pretty much equal to both champ and jason,which is why I didn't vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                      Originally posted by Ace

Same with Champ though. I think they're both EQUALLY deserving, but the fact that Denver will most likely make the playoffs means he might win it. Whether he deserves it or not is debatable, as Denver is more talented than Miami, and one player on a defense can't single handedly win many games, maybe once every few years for the great ones.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

i find it interesting that the arguments for taylor boil down to "he has some great stats and did some big things for his team". this is funny because you could literally, in every one of those statements, replace jason taylor with champ bailey and insert the relevant stats. i don't believe you can make any obvious distinction between the two.
                        You really can't, which is probably why Champ will win because his team is going to the playoffs and Miami is under .500.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                          You really can't, which is probably why Champ will win because his team is going to the playoffs and Miami is under .500.
                          I hate how its judged on how well the team was. It should be on how well the unit that the player plays for is. ie. Offense or Defense. Which, Miami is 3rd on Defense, with a lot of credit given to Taylor.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Boston
                            Originally posted by draftguru151
                            I hate how its judged on how well the team was. It should be on how well the unit that the player plays for is. ie. Offense or Defense. Which, Miami is 3rd on Defense, with a lot of credit given to Taylor.
                            by the same token, how can you blame bailey for the play of darrent williams, nick ferguson, john lynch and a defensive line that hasn't seen the backfield in 8 years?

i'm not arguing that for champ, but i don't think you can pick out any one individual piece. champ's play on our defense has been utterly amazing. just like taylor's has been.

in all honesty, this is one of the few times i wouldn't mind a split award.

Comment

they should just be co-dpoy. simple as that, its too close.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Wait. Why are people saying Champ will most likely win it? Hasn't it been between Taylor and Merriman?

But by all accounts, Champ should win it for his ability to lock down an entire side of the field, as well as helping out in run support and all that. Plus, he had an interception every five times he was thrown at. That's absolutely ridiculous. An interception every 25 times you're thrown at isn't bad. Definitely should be his.

However, since I really don't think they'll give him his due, I think it should go to Jason Taylor. He did it all this year. Just ridiculous stats, and he was a huge reason why Miami was even as good as they were.

But really, so long as Merriman doesn't win it, I don't care. Brian Dawkins could win it for that matter, but not Merriman.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information