No announcement yet.

DPOTY Debate; Bailey or Taylor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On nflnetwork some big fat pundit was saying what I had mentioned in the Jason Taylor/Merriman thread that JT was campaigning for DPOY. I think more than a couple people are picking up on that, and that Bailey will get the award. Champ's level of play is higher than anyone else's in the game right now, I hate him so much.

Comment

I think Jason Taylor should get it. Its harder to do the things he does than it is for champ.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite
        I think Jason Taylor should get it. Its harder to do the things he does than it is for champ.
        Corner is way harder to play than defensive end.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen
          and to do what champ has done and teams really never test him...for him to have 20+ pd 9ints and prob. the best run support corner....i dont see how it is easier to do then play DE

Comment

like all baileys ints have come in the red zone, therefore hes saved the broncos many many times and kepy their playoff hopes alive

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Bronco56
              and to do what champ has done and teams really never test him...for him to have 20+ pd 9ints and prob. the best run support corner....i dont see how it is easier to do then play DE
              DE is a lot harder to play than CB, that's why a lot of corner backs can be near retardation (Chris gamble 14 on the wonderlic) and still be top 15 in the NFL.

Comment

DE is a lot harder to play than CB, that's why a lot of corner backs can be near retardation (Chris gamble 14 on the wonderlic) and still be top 15 in the NFL.
                I dunno. A mistake at DE and nothing bad might happen. A mistake at corner, Touchdown alot of the time.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

QB must be a pretty easy position to play, given that the likely ROY got a 9 and a hall of famer got a 14.

Comment

It has to be Bailey, he gets the edge because he's going to the playoffs, clearly the best at his position, still some question about the best Defensive End. I think Taylor would get it if the Dolphins had a better record because sacks sell, but you have to ask yourself where the Broncos would be without Bailey, and the starting corners being Darrent Williams and Dominique Foxworth in that situation, it's pretty obvious. Where would the Dolphins be without Taylor? well it doesn't reallly matter unfortunately.
                    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Aaron Kampman*

Comment

Merriman ftw 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6
                          Aaron Kampman*
                          Hope you're not serious.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            this is a tough decision. every time i think of a reason for taylor to get it, i think of a play bailey made that was equally amazing and important to his team. the fact that almost every single one of his interceptions was within the 2 yard line is ridiculous. the fact that he's shut down literally every WR he's covered and that he's been our best player in run defense on a team with some amazing linebackers is incredible.
                            If you think about it though, getting an interception in the red zone theoretically should be easier than getting one in the open field. It gives the receiver less room to work with as well as taking away the deep ball.
                            I do however, think he should win it.

Comment

Mistakes at CB are way more critical than at DE. And it's not just through the air. I remember when the Jaguars played the Bills, and rookie Dee Webb had to start. On a run by Willis McGahee, the WR on his side slanted inside as if it were a pass route. Webb follows him and therefore concedes run contain on the outside, McGahee bounces the run to the outside, nobody's out there, touchdown.

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Gotta go with JT for this he single handedly destroyed the bears, pats and a few other teams.

that said I would take champ bailey on my team anyday

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information