X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denver Bronco56
    Originally posted by ChargerCohen
    Originally posted by BlindSite
    I think Jason Taylor should get it. Its harder to do the things he does than it is for champ.
    Corner is way harder to play than defensive end.
    and to do what champ has done and teams really never test him...for him to have 20+ pd 9ints and prob. the best run support corner....i dont see how it is easier to do then play DE
    Everyone knows the best run support CB is Jammer, god stop being such a homer. :D

Using the wonderlic to state that DE is harder to play than CB is ridiculous. CB is the hardest position to play other than QB.

Comment

I think Jason Taylor should get it. Its harder to do the things he does than it is for champ.
      and to do what champ has done and teams really never test him...for him to have 20+ pd 9ints and prob. the best run support corner....i dont see how it is easier to do then play DE
      Everyone knows the best run support CB is Jammer, god stop being such a homer. :D

Using the wonderlic to state that DE is harder to play than CB is ridiculous. CB is the hardest position to play other than QB.
      I dunno, I think left tackle is harder than CB, by just a smidge.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisCybulski

Okay I'll give you that. But DE isn't up there IMO. That's why you see all these amazing rookie pass rushers, while corners take forever to develop.

Comment

Okay I'll give you that. But DE isn't up there IMO. That's why you see all these amazing rookie pass rushers, while corners take forever to develop.
          exactly. look what 5th round pick mark anderson is doing in chicago, and meanwhile, there is no rookie cb making a comparable impact.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
            Originally posted by Whistler6
            Aaron Kampman*
            Hope you're not serious.
            Why not? he's just as good if not better candidate than Merriman right now, the Chargers were 4-0 without Merriman, where would the Packers be without Kampman's sacks and huge amount of tackles? From a full time Defensive End mind you, Merriman is a linebacker by trade so you'd think he'd make a lot more tackles, but he hasn't. Kampman leads all defensive linemen in tackles for the second straight year, when you talk about the best run stopping/pass rushing linemen in football he's gotta be at the top with some other guys, and unlike other guys he has the stats to prove it in both categories. Meaning he's one of the best all around linemen in the game.

Kampman has 15.5 sacks and 83 total tackles. Of the top 5 sacks leaders, that's 26 more tackles than Julius Peppers, 27 more than Jason Taylor, 31 more than Aaron Schobel, and 29 more than Shawne Merriman who's a linebacker, the only person who has more sacks is Merriman. Merriman has .5 sacks more than Kampman right now with 16. Since Merriman's played four less games I'll break it down to per game. That's 1.45 sacks, .36 Forced Fumbles, and 4.9 tackles per game for Merriman. 1.03 sacks, .28 Forced Fumbles, and 5.53 tackles per game for Kampman.

Now keep in mind the surrounding cast Merriman has in the front seven compared to the Packers, and remember that he was suspended for steroids. Whether he did intentionally or not is another story, but everybody knows the effects from it are still there. I almost forgot, he's not even the best player on his own defense, Jamal Williams is, and I know there's people that agree with that because it was discussed recently on here.

I'm not saying Kampman should win it, but he should definitely be a candidate, and definitely a better candididate than Merriman. I've already said I think Champ should win it, what he's done is truly remarkable and involves very little luck, you throw it to him he's got his hands on it.

There's 5 candidates in my mind, and you've gotta ask yourself where the teams would be without these guys, I'll rank them in order of the effect they've had on winning and losing games, 1 the highest 5 the lowest.

1. Champ Bailey
            2. Jason Taylor
            3. Brian Urlacher
            4. Aaron Kampman
            5. Shawne Merriman oops I mean Jamal Williams :roll:
            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by NYmoney

exactly. look what 5th round pick mark anderson is doing in chicago, and meanwhile, there is no rookie cb making a comparable impact.
              CB Jonathan Joseph of the Bengals has had a just as good if not better year than Mr. Unblocked Mark Anderson.
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

^^^ fantastic post (the one defending kampman). i wouldn't have thought kampman should've even been mentioned, and while i think you've slotted him about right (4th or 5th), based on what you've got, he certainly deserves mention.

Comment

Yea i had Kampman on my big fantasy team. He always put it up

Comment

Merriman

taylor with the season hes having
                    ]

Comment

I haven't really seen much of JT excpet on SC, so I can't really make a definitive decision on my part. However, from watching Champ this whole year, he is worthy of a DPOY. Is he worthier over JT? I dont' really know. But under normal circumstances is he worthy? Hell yes. Not sure if he will win it tho... the 4 game losing slide the Broncos took may really hurt his chances. We'll see tho.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

i truely think bailey should get it, he's the best defensive player in the league, and is have the best season (i know many will argue with that one)

Comment

Jason Taylor should win it in my opinion. 9 forced fumbles. 9!?!!

Comment

I'm bored so some head to head stats.

Tackles:
                            Champ- 81, Taylor-56
                            Sacks:
                            Taylor-13.5, Champ-0
                            Interceptions:
                            Champ- 9, Taylor-2
                            FF:
                            Taylor-9, Champ-0
                            Total turnovers:
                            Taylor-11, Champ-9
                            Pass defensed:
                            Champ-11, Taylor- 8
                            Touchdowns:
                            Taylor-2, Champ-0

Both are having great seasons, but looking at that is is hard to argue against Taylor. Has 2 more forced turnovers, 2 more touchdowns, almost as many PD when Taylor is a DE/OLB, then you had in 13.5 sacks for Taylor. I know it's now all about stats, but that's hard to argue against.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151
                              I'm bored so some head to head stats.

Tackles:
                              Champ- 81, Taylor-56
                              Sacks:
                              Taylor-13.5, Champ-0
                              Interceptions:
                              Champ- 9, Taylor-2
                              FF:
                              Taylor-9, Champ-0
                              Total turnovers:
                              Taylor-11, Champ-9
                              Pass defensed:
                              Champ-11, Taylor- 8
                              Touchdowns:
                              Taylor-2, Champ-0

Both are having great seasons, but looking at that is is hard to argue against Taylor. Has 2 more forced turnovers, 2 more touchdowns, almost as many PD when Taylor is a DE/OLB, then you had in 13.5 sacks for Taylor. I know it's now all about stats, but that's hard to argue against.
                              I have their PD numbers as 20 for Champ and 11 for Taylor
                              And a forced fumble doesn't necessitate a turnover, but yeah, Taylor did his part by forcing it anyway

Comment

NFL.com has the official stats.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information