DPOTY Debate; Bailey or Taylor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPOTY Debate; Bailey or Taylor?

Honestly, I want to see where everyone stands on this. This is a very interesting decision that will be made.
    • For Champ Bailey, he's had his best personal year, by far his best season with the Broncos. He has nine interceptions, an inordinate amount have come in the red zone to stop opposing scoring drives. It's hard to imagine a corner having a better season than this. Although the last time a Corner won the award it was Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson back to back in '93 and '94. Unlike Taylor, his team is going to make the post-season, which may have an effect.
    • For Jason Taylor, he too, has had a phenomenal season. He has 13.5 sacks, which is good but not great, what makes his numbers look special is the two interceptions for touchdowns and the nine forced fumbles. He has been dominant, and has single handidly won games, which is the corner stone by which defensive awards are usually won.

I believe this could be a very nice discussion. I could definitely see both sides of the discussion. Thoughts?

I think Jason Taylor should win it, but I think Champ Bailey will win it.

Comment

this is a tough decision. every time i think of a reason for taylor to get it, i think of a play bailey made that was equally amazing and important to his team. the fact that almost every single one of his interceptions was within the 2 yard line is ridiculous. the fact that he's shut down literally every WR he's covered and that he's been our best player in run defense on a team with some amazing linebackers is incredible.

i don't see how you could go wrong with either guy. in my opinion (and if i ran the world), they'd be one first place vote apart either way.

Comment

Taylor deserves it, but Champ will likely win it cause his team is likely headed to the playoffs while we are sitting on our ass at 6-9. Either way, both are great players and teams would kill to get those two.

Comment

Champ Bailey is amazing and the best CB in the league. What he has done this season has been amazing. But Jason Taylor has been just ridiculous this season. 4 in the league in sacks, 11 forced turnovers, 2 picks for TDs, around 60 tackles, and has been extremely consistent, getting at least one sack in 11 games this year.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

the loser should get on the madden cover.

Comment

I am a Patriots fan and to see how he played against NE, there is no way Taylor should not win it. In every Dolphins game I've seen this season, you hear his name called out by the announcers on almost every play because he's always making plays. Other teams have to change there game plans around him.

I haven't seen much of Bailey the second half of the season but the was dominant the 1st half. Taylor deserves it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
                I think Jason Taylor should win it, but I think Champ Bailey will win it.
                Kinda how I feel, although I think JT has a good chance anyways.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I think champ would be a great choice and HE IS AVOIDED.....and still has 9 ints and 20+ pd.....80+ tackles....he has already had the most redzone INTS in a year with 6 all comming in the 20 or less.....he has played against some of the best in thegame.....Moss,Johnson,Harrison,Holt and he had locked them all down

Comment

Julius Peppers

But I dunno, both those guys are deserving. Any chance at a co-DPOY this year?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

The only Bailey votes are me and the three Broncos fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
                        I voted Bailey.

How many picks does he have inside the one yard line? I remember them showing it but I wasn't really focusing.

Comment

i haven't voted yet

Comment

Champ

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

i haven't voted yet
                              Lol me neither.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information