• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meachem to have knee examined

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2892754

Not looking good at all.

Comment

B _ _ _ ... Don't worry he still has to fill in a few letters. They still should've gone defense.

Comment

Wow he has a meniscus injury so he is gonna be a bust? Makes a lot of sense. He won't miss much camp if any. You can have meniscus surgery and be back in a month.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
          Wow he has a meniscus injury so he is gonna be a bust? Makes a lot of sense. He won't miss much camp if any. You can have meniscus surgery and be back in a month.
          I totally agree that it isn't a serious injury. I would say that his NFL career han't gotten off to the best start though, but I still think he ends up being a good one.
          Last edited by LarryJohnson27; 06-04-2007, 02:39 PM.

Comment

No of course it doesn't mean he is going to be a bust. It's not even training camp. But it's obvious that having a guy without knee and ankle injuries already is preferable.

BTW there is no secret "HORSE" game that makes a player a bust either.

Comment

I'm hoping it's not a tear, or any serious condition.

but yes between showing up out of shape, spraining the ankle, and this recent problem Meachem has had a rough start in the NFL. Really hope he gets it together.

Comment

Yes, but if it's torn enough it could end his career.

Thats what happened to me. I had a lateral meniscus tear in my left knee. It was diagnosed immediately and by the time they had worked on it, They had to remove 75%.

Your meniscus doesn't get enough blood flow to regenerate. It's also like the shock pad between your knee. Now, a lot of times Pro's can come back in a month, but like me, it's rare, but it could be career ending because it gets weaker after you tear it. And in a position that needs a lot of "Cutting" ability, it could cause troubles down the road.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                  I'm hoping it's not a tear, or any serious condition.

but yes between showing up out of shape, spraining the ankle, and this recent problem Meachem has had a rough start in the NFL. Really hope he gets it together.
                  Yeah, same here.. we shall see how it plays out.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                    Yes, but if it's torn enough it could end his career.

Thats what happened to me. I had a lateral meniscus tear in my left knee. It was diagnosed immediately and by the time they had worked on it, They had to remove 75%.

Your meniscus doesn't get enough blood flow to regenerate. It's also like the shock pad between your knee. Now, a lot of times Pro's can come back in a month, but like me, it's rare, but it could be career ending because it gets weaker after you tear it. And in a position that needs a lot of "Cutting" ability, it could cause troubles down the road.

he hasnt even signed a contract yet right? that would suck for him

Comment

Shiver, better not say a damn word. :)
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

hes getting more and more like Chad Jackson :(

1. They both run under 4.37.
                        2. Similar Size
                        3. Greatest Hands Competition
                        4. Injuries before season that could ultimatley keep him off the field

Comment

This sucks for the Saints

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

wow and to think I wanted the Chiefs to draft him,

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                              he hasnt even signed a contract yet right? that would suck for him
                              Like I said, odds are that he'll be ok and come back, but still a chance to be a very very serious injury.

If anyone saw "Friday Night Lights" the movie. When Booby Miles came back from the ACL tear and couldn't make a cut or spin move. It's exactly like that, but it can swell the size of an Orange after a game. Pushing off, cuts or the likes will end up making your knee give out because it has no "shock" padding. It's miserable.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information