Tank Johnson suspended for 8 games.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    It's going to hurt him a lot on the field if he's not able to practice with the team.
    I disagree. He'll still be here all through training camp and preseason and he'll workout with trainers and such during the season. If anything he'll come in fresh by week 7 or 9.

Lance Briggs, on the other hand, could be a problem if he holds out for the first 10 games because he'll miss all of training camp and there's nothing to ensure he'll show up in shape (other than the fact he wants money).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

It's six games if he complies with certain regulations. Personally, I think this was a little drastic, but I think Dusty will be able fill his shoes, and Anthony Adams will provide depth.

sig by VLS
      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
      I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        I disagree. He'll still be here all through training camp and preseason and he'll workout with trainers and such during the season. If anything he'll come in fresh by week 7 or 9.

Lance Briggs, on the other hand, could be a problem if he holds out for the first 10 games because he'll miss all of training camp and there's nothing to ensure he'll show up in shape (other than the fact he wants money).
        Oh, he's still allowed in training camp? That changes a lot. How is Johnson's work ethic though? Is he the type of guy who will stay in shape without coaches making him do it in practice?

Comment

Oh, he's still allowed in training camp? That changes a lot. How is Johnson's work ethic though? Is he the type of guy who will stay in shape without coaches making him do it in practice?
          No, he is not allowed at the team portion of training camp, just into the weight room and such to work out and get treatments.

He is not allowed to practice with the team at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
            No, he is not allowed at the team portion of training camp, just into the weight room and such to work out and get treatments.

He is not allowed to practice with the team at all.
            Where do you get this at? He's going to be allowed to practice and play in all four preseason games. He's not suspended untill the regular season begins. Unless you can find a credible source to support your argument I'm almost positive you're wrong.

Comment

Where do you get this at? He's going to be allowed to practice and play in all four preseason games. He's not suspended untill the regular season begins. Unless you can find a credible source to support your argument I'm almost positive you're wrong.
              You're right. I don't know where he got that from.

Comment

More likely to be six I would guess. Those conditions shouldn't be hard to meet and if he gets in trouble with the law again they'll cut him anyway.
                yeah.

I agree with moses though on dusty. He's got the intensity, but he hasn't had the technique nor power that tank has. yet. this may be proven sometime later in the summer, but i haven't seen it from him yet.

week seven though, i still think the bears are looking to tank.

as far as the run game. really, the run game will be determined by the quality of the LB's. the particular d-line gap schooting scheme is very strange, and the faster linebackers who have superior tackling skills will succede in the lovie-2... sure, i mean, in the lovie-2, great DT's will be able to penetrate and catch runners at the point of transfer for TFL's. but seeing that that doesn't happen every time, and it's a law of averages, in the next level, someone will have to stop them. and his name is brian urlacher (and i mean, the man has a stunt double somewher on the field)... but. the lack of lance briggs will diminish their ability there. but, the presence of archuleta gives about 1/3rd of that presence back.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

I have to agree with MasterShake. It says no organized team activities. That includes training camp, preseason games, etc. At least that's my interpretation of it.

Comment

I have to agree with MasterShake. It says no organized team activities. That includes training camp, preseason games, etc. At least that's my interpretation of it.
                    but he's suspended for the regular season.

it's not clear in the text...

it's a posibility that it can go either way.

it's probably just during the regular season.
                    because if it was during the pre-season, his six games would be up sometime around week 3.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                      but he's suspended for the regular season.

it's not clear in the text...

it's a posibility that it can go either way.

it's probably just during the regular season.
                      because if it was during the pre-season, his six games would be up sometime around week 3.
                      Pre-season games don't count as games.

Comment

Make that two wrong people.

Johnson is eligible to participate in the Bearsí offseason workout program, training camp and preseason games before the suspension begins after the teamís final preseason contest.

Comment

Excellent.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

162 beef sticks
                            and 1 cup cake.

Comment

You posted this yourself earlier in the thread,

In a letter to Johnson, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said that he would be prepared to reduce the suspension to the first six regular-season games if Johnson meets certain conditions.

The conditions include:

-- No further adverse involvement with law enforcement and full compliance with any requirements imposed by a court.

-- Compliance with all league requirements, including counseling.

-- No participation in any practices or other organized team activities during the period of the suspension. Johnson may, however, be present at the Bears' facility during the suspension for counseling sessions and other approved activities such as physical treatment or individual workout sessions.

Commissioner Goodell said that he would review the matter no later than Oct. 1 to assess Johnson's progress and determine whether the suspension should be reduced.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Jesus Christ...

During the period of suspension is the regular season.

He can still practice all through training camp.

He will still be active in all pre-season games.

His suspension won't start untill week 1 of the regular season.

Learn to read before calling out my statements. This is the third time I've had to repeat the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information