No announcement yet.

Tank Johnson suspended for 8 games.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im watching it right now on abc they said he can play in all the preseason games just no ota during the suspension period, which is the first 6 or 8 games of the regular season

Comment

Does the same apply to Pacman? *referring to the being able to play in the pre-season*

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
      It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
      Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
      http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
      421 Witness
      756*

Comment

Originally posted by jag View Post
        Does the same apply to Pacman? *referring to the being able to play in the pre-season*
        Pacman is pretty much locked out, period.

He's allowed to show up one day a week to rehab his shoulder, work out, meet with coaches, whatever....but no practicing with the team, no preseason games, no team-oriented activitities at all.

Comment

I think his suspension his ********. Pac-Man Jones (as bad a person as he is) got a full season suspension and did nothing illegal or jail-worthy, yet Tank Jones, who broke the law and served 60 days in jail only gets 8 games? There's no organized system to these suspensions and that's plain stupid, it makes NO sense at all.
          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

A. It's Johnson, not Jones.
            B. Tank doesn't have any felony charges being investigated against him, aside from the Ice Bar incident, stayed out of trouble, where as Pac-Man has had several felony investigations, and hasn't kept his nose clean.

sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
              I think his suspension his ********. Pac-Man Jones (as bad a person as he is) got a full season suspension and did nothing illegal or jail-worthy, yet Tank Jones, who broke the law and served 60 days in jail only gets 8 games? There's no organized system to these suspensions and that's plain stupid, it makes NO sense at all.
              Huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Jo...Legal_troubles

Comment

Never in jail ONCE...

Comment

Never in jail ONCE...
                  That doesn't mean he didn't do anything illegal...

Jones hurt the NFL's reputation MUCH more than Tank.

Comment

That's irrelevant, Tank Johnson has been convicted of an illegal crime and spent 60 days in jail, Pac-Man Jones has not even spent one day in jail, therefore the severity of Johnson's inappropriate behavior in comparison to Pac-Man Jones' suspension merely for substance abuse (among other things such as attending a strip club before meeting with the comish, even though that's 100% legal) is extremely contradicting.

Comment

Oh, and Tank Johnson has been in plenty of inappropriate instances as well. Many instances where he was illegally owning guns etc.

Comment

That's irrelevant, Tank Johnson has been convicted of an illegal crime and spent 60 days in jail, Pac-Man Jones has not even spent one day in jail, therefore the severity of Johnson's inappropriate behavior in comparison to Pac-Man Jones' suspension merely for substance abuse (among other things such as attending a strip club before meeting with the comish, even though that's 100% legal) is extremely contradicting.
                        I see your point but the NFL has said that they don't need a conviction to suspend players. I also agree that the NFL shouldn't just be banning players like this because there is no system set up to make sure it's fair.

That said, Pacman has hurt the league's reputation more than Tank. That's why he was suspended longer. Right or wrong, that's why it was done.

I do agree that you have some valid points and I definitely think the NFL needs to setup a system to clean this whole situation up.

Comment

Oh, and Tank Johnson has been in plenty of inappropriate instances as well. Many instances where he was illegally owning guns etc.
                          Two instances actually. Both misdemeanors. Also in the second instance they were legally purchased in his home state of Arizona but he didn't have the proper registration card for Illinois.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information