No announcement yet.

Asante Samuel claims he won't show up until Week 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that would be completly stupid in my mind... just play take the god dam 7 mill... that your getting to PLAY a game that you LOVE...

then i dont know get a contract next season maybe, 7 mill is a lot of money and isnt the franchise tag amount like something to do with the highset paid player at that position for a year or something? so he is gettinga whole hell of a lot of money.. come on man you have a chance for another title... take it most guys dont get that chance

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

see..if Asante can play like he did last year..no doubt he deserves what he wants. he was lights out

but..he only started at left CB ahead of Hobbs for little more than half the season. Hobbs took over as #1 CB but got hurt and went to #2

so Asante
      -maybe 9 games of great play at CB..before that he wasnt much. he needs to prove more

Comment

To me, this is looking more and more like a trade situation. The veterans don't seem to attached to Samuel ala Branch last year. The guy has a "Get Paid" tatoo, and seems to want a lot of cash. The Patriots shouldn't pay him HUGE money in my opinion, something reasonable, yes, but not a huge deal. Samuel had 1 great year, if he declines next year, it would be a bad move. I say, grab two firsts from some team desperate for a guy like Samuel, take the lumps and build off it. Two firsts for Samuel would be a great move for the Pats.

Comment

He is a late round pick who has ONE season that warrants all the hype and talk of "being paid" . I consider the franchise tag and the $7 plus million a pretty fair pay day for such a guy. If he delivers the goods again, then he can talk multi year big bucks. I am curious(sp) if any one knows after what year did Brady get his payday ? after SB #1 or later...

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
            that would be completly stupid in my mind... just play take the god dam 7 mill... that your getting to PLAY a game that you LOVE...

then i dont know get a contract next season maybe,
            yeah next season MAYBE is he doesn't get injured playing for a one year contract with no security...the NFL is a business...and you have to protect your interest.....and it is easy for you to say....because you have never seen that much money in your life so you can loo at the situation from your couch and talk like a civilian....forget that.....go get your money is what I say....because the moment he starts to decline he is gonna get cut.....milk the most ruthless league by far out of the major sports for as much as you can I say

Comment

Originally posted by amazingdonnie View Post
              To me, this is looking more and more like a trade situation. The veterans don't seem to attached to Samuel ala Branch last year. The guy has a "Get Paid" tatoo, and seems to want a lot of cash. The Patriots shouldn't pay him HUGE money in my opinion, something reasonable, yes, but not a huge deal. Samuel had 1 great year, if he declines next year, it would be a bad move. I say, grab two firsts from some team desperate for a guy like Samuel, take the lumps and build off it. Two firsts for Samuel would be a great move for the Pats.
              no franchise in their right mind will give up two first round picks...and if you think otherwise...you are high....a cpu Madden franchise wouldn't even accept that deal...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
                no franchise in their right mind will give up two first round picks...and if you think otherwise...you are high....a cpu Madden franchise wouldn't even accept that deal...
                Don't be so sure, coaches have been swapped for multiple picks, If I remember right, the Bucs gave up 2 for Gruden, and the Giants gave up a ton for mediocre Eli. Some franchise would be willing to do that, if they believed it could get them to the superbowl. I agree no franchise SHOULD do it, but some would.

Comment

Originally posted by amazingdonnie View Post
                  Don't be so sure, coaches have been swapped for multiple picks, If I remember right, the Bucs gave up 2 for Gruden, and the Giants gave up a ton for mediocre Eli. Some franchise would be willing to do that, if they believed it could get them to the superbowl. I agree no franchise SHOULD do it, but some would.

One deal was for a Super Bowl winning coach...and the other was for a potential franchise QB...no franchise is giving up two first round picks for a DB....I would bet the house on it.....

Comment

Nowadays where elite cover corners are so valued, I wouldn't be suprised. Gruden in my mind was hardly worth the picks, he took over a very good Dungy team, and brought it downhill from there. Don't be suprised to see a team chuck 2 1sts, or a 1st and a 2nd. To me, a deal getting done seems remote, unless it greatly favors the Pats through incentives, or options.

Comment

Samuel would not bring multiple high draft picks. He doesn't have that kind of impact. The only corner who would warrant that would be Denver's Bailey, and I don't think I would do it for him (Bailey) now b/c he won't be contributing that kind of impact for that many more years.

You need to look at the whole picture in these situations as it is often a combo of factors that lead to a guy looking or peforming this well.

+ He plays for a team loaded at d-line that is pressuring the qb fairly well and
                      shutting down the run.
                      + He plays for a team that is upper echelon, often in the lead.
                      + He plays for a coach that is about as good as it gets at confusing QB's
                      with different looks / coverages

All of this helps Samuel put up such a season. His team is going to be winning, teams are forced to throw, he is a ballhawk by nature and he played to his strenghts.

If he gets traded to the Cardinals (just a random choice) for a one and a four is he gonna put up those numbers ? I don't think so. He isn't a shut down corner you are , as an o- coordinator, going to stay away from his side of the field. On the contrary, teams did throw at Samuel and he , to his credit , performed.

He is looking to get paid off his last year and it should be more correctly off the entire body of work he has put up. I remember him being smoked in the Denver divisional game 2 years ago for a TD. He is due a raise, the one year deal via franchise tag is over market IMO, if he wants a long term deal with $$ guaranteed, I think he needs to take a little less and stay put. He is a good player in a VERY GOOD situation in NE and I strongly believe he would not experience the success he has to this point in to many other situations.

Comment

I really hope he doesn't maybe a chink in the pats armor.

But it won't matter they with still win the super bowl.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I don't see why everyone is acting like the Pats already won something? Have you all learned nothing from the countless examples of preseason champs that fall flat on their face? You don't even have to look back that far, as the Panthers of last year are a perfect example.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            I don't see why everyone is acting like the Pats already won something? Have you all learned nothing from the countless examples of preseason champs that fall flat on their face? You don't even have to look back that far, as the Panthers of last year are a perfect example.
                            they're the Patriots, plus they've improved, we're just looking forward and the pats winning it as of now a likely scenario.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              they're the Patriots, plus they've improved, we're just looking forward and the pats winning it as of now a likely scenario.
                              No it's not.

A likely scenario is over 50%. If you gave me the field of 31 other teams versus the Pats I would take any offer you wanted to lay on the table.

This is what I'm talking about. They haven't won anything yet. They added a potential washed up player and a pass rusher. Both could work out. Both could not. Right now they are nothing more than the offseason champions, and usually that doesn't turn out to be a good thing.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The only post in the thread that mentions the Patriots chances of winning the Superbowl is the one that immediatelly precedes yours. The topic is Asante Samuel's contract situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information